PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm going to buy an Abarth

Alfa4C
12-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Hey everyone I'm new here. I'm thinking of buying an Abarth. I test drove one the other day and it was quite fun. I have the big brother to the Abarth an Alfa Romeo 4C and many of the guys on that forum all have Abarths so I figured what the hell.

What do you guys think of these cars? It won't be my daily driver just something to screw around in. I have a Range Rover for my daily driver and the Alfa for my toy. The Abarth would be something I prob. just beat the crap out of.

Amacento
12-16-2016, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the forum.

My A500 is my daily driver. I can't think of a more fun (and utilitarian) true city car. I don't "beat the crap out of" my WICKED lady, but he gets plenty of opportunity to show her grit... Wisconsin winters.

What one thinks of the car owes a lot to why you're buying. I dig the naturally aspirated 500s... and their heritage. The ABARTH version has twice the heritage and the best factory exhaust note in a runabout.

Southernroadrunner
12-16-2016, 10:36 PM
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you in here. The Abarth is the greatest little fun hot rod you can buy IMO
Good luck in your search for one.

Klasse Act
12-17-2016, 12:16 PM
I've owned my car since Valentine's Day of 2014 and I look forward to getting into my car everyday, even on crappy snowy days but my Blizzak's make quick work of that. My car has most of the popular mods and these cars respond very well to bolt ons. It seems that Abarth's after 13' a big harder to get tunes for but I'm sure someone is working hard on that right now.

I'm not saying its a 4C but once you get one and start driving it (and modding it) you'll find the fun per dollar can't be matched by anthing out there, even your 4C. BTW the coils from your own 4C are a recently found upgrade for the car, imagine that!

Fiat500USA
12-17-2016, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the forum! If you have a 4C, the Abarth will fit right in. Both are not the boring same old, same old that everyone else has. Have fun and post some pics of your cars when you can!

pr0d1gy9
12-17-2016, 01:27 PM
I think the problem with this thread is that you are 'thinking'. jestera
In all seriousness though, the 2012 Abarth I had was an absolute blast to drive and like everyone else that posted I did look forward to driving EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Robert Nixon
12-17-2016, 02:19 PM
Welcome to the forum, I think the Abarth is fun to drive every day. I'm not in the snow belt, but have put over 50,000 miles on my Abarth since new. You can likely find a lot of used ones cheaply, but then again, the new 2017s start with a lower list price of just under $20,000, so going that way with a new car warranty would make sense to me.

Trunkout
12-17-2016, 02:51 PM
The Abarth is the ONLY car that makes me as excited as riding a motorcycle. Period.

Alfa4C
12-17-2016, 04:42 PM
I've owned my car since Valentine's Day of 2014 and I look forward to getting into my car everyday, even on crappy snowy days but my Blizzak's make quick work of that. My car has most of the popular mods and these cars respond very well to bolt ons. It seems that Abarth's after 13' a big harder to get tunes for but I'm sure someone is working hard on that right now.

I'm not saying its a 4C but once you get one and start driving it (and modding it) you'll find the fun per dollar can't be matched by anthing out there, even your 4C. BTW the coils from your own 4C are a recently found upgrade for the car, imagine that!

This is good to know because I bought coil overs for my 4C. They won't be in for another month or so but that's awesome I can throw the stock springs on this thing.

BigDaddySRT
12-17-2016, 07:04 PM
The Abarth is the ONLY car that makes me as excited as riding a motorcycle. Period.

You haven't ridden the right motorcycle then!!!!

Southernroadrunner
12-17-2016, 07:11 PM

Big daddy I've always rode the right motorcycle sir

carfreak09
12-17-2016, 07:36 PM
This is good to know because I bought coil overs for my 4C. They won't be in for another month or so but that's awesome I can throw the stock springs on this thing.

The guy meant the ignition coils on your 4C is an upgrade for the Abarth, not the springs.

Alfa4C
12-17-2016, 07:48 PM
The guy meant the ignition coils on your 4C is an upgrade for the Abarth, not the springs.

Dammit, I was gonna say kill 2 birds with one stone.

Trunkout
12-17-2016, 08:09 PM
Oh I've got a 143 mph ticket that says otherwise! :)

Dino55
12-19-2016, 01:38 PM
Buy an Abarth. You will enjoy it. I have a 4C as well. The Abarth is not as loud or as low and you can actually parallel park it. Your Range Rover will end up like my Avalanche. Mostly used as a pack mule and in snowy weather.
Good shopping.