PDA

View Full Version : Number Plate Bulb Warning Won't Go Away - 2014, 500L, Lounge

thatguy
11-24-2016, 01:42 AM
I recently purchased a used 2014 Fiat 500L Lounge and I've been running into some fun issues. The most recent issue is a warning regarding the number plate bulb. After some quick research, I found the way to replace the bulb that burnt out (just the right side). I went to a 24-hour shop down the street, verified the correct LED counterpart to the original bulb, installed and verified the bulb functions properly. The problem I'm running into is the warning won't go away. Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Fiat500USA
11-24-2016, 01:59 AM
I recently purchased a used 2014 Fiat 500L Lounge and I've been running into some fun issues. The most recent issue is a warning regarding the number plate bulb. After some quick research, I found the way to replace the bulb that burnt out (just the right side). I went to a 24-hour shop down the street, verified the correct LED counterpart to the original bulb, installed and verified the bulb functions properly. The problem I'm running into is the warning won't go away. Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum. Just to confirm, you are saying you changed from an incandescent bulb over to an LED one? If you are, sounds like you need a load resistor to make up for the difference between the two different style bulbs.

thatguy
11-27-2016, 10:08 PM
Much appreciated! I plan to swap the bulb and I will update this post if it resolves the issue.