PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL FIAT FreakOut 2017 thread

Amacento
10-18-2016, 08:19 AM
"From all over North America... and often from overseas... hundreds of Italian car lovers drive, trailer, and fly to converge at a chosen destination, usually rich in history and culture, to play! We unite in the spirit of friendship to celebrate the unique automobiles that reside under the umbrella of the FIAT marque including ABARTH, Alfa Romeo, FIAT, Lancia and more!" - FIAT Club America

The 2017 [inter]national event will be hosted in Milwaukee (MKE) WI a/k/a Brew City a/k/a Cream City.

The Cream City Cinquecento Club, the Wisconsin Chapter of FIAT Club America, is tapped to organize the happening. We're working with the local Italian Community Center (MKE), Road America, in Elkhart Lake WI, Reina International Autos, Motos & Vespa (MKE), Schlossmann FCA City and other local mainstays to properly welcome Italian car & moto aficionados to our community.

Miniature Mayhem Cometh!

Feel free to use this thread as a central point of communication. Stay tuned!

Robert Nixon
10-18-2016, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the heads up, any event at Road America would have to be great!

Amacento
10-18-2016, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up, any event at Road America would have to be great!
No worries. We figured we should get the word out early.

The best bit about the Road America trip is we'll be there the weekend of the BIG vintage racing event. Still... they were very happy to open up the track to us for a private sunset cruise.

Reina Int'l Auto, Moto & Vespa has been involved with the FIAT & Alfa Romeo racing scene for decades. They also have a mind-blowing stable of exotics.

AROC-Alfanatics included the event in their newsletter for the 2017 Calendar of events (thanks to a member of our planning committee).

It's already taking great shape.

Lil Blue
10-18-2016, 06:30 PM
You're a better man than I am to be able to tackle something like this. Hoping we can make it...we'll see.

Amacento
10-19-2016, 06:22 AM
You're a better man than I am to be able to tackle something like this. Hoping we can make it...we'll see.
'Appreciated, but I'm not sure I'm a better man. Crazier is more likely.

I just want to support the western push of FIAT Club America and, hopefully, take a step towards the unification of the two longest running FIAT clubs in our country. FIAT Club America comes in second place... FIAT America holds the pole position. CC5C gets to offer something uniquely cool to our area.

The key is putting together a team of dependable people.

Amacento
10-20-2016, 09:59 AM
I thought I'd update this thread with some good news. The planning committee finalized the FFO17 itinerary. It looks fantastic. We think attendees are gonna have a blast. More info to come soon...

Amacento
11-20-2016, 11:04 AM

What:
FIAT FreakOut

When:
19-23 July (Early Arrivals welcome)

Where:
Milwaukee, WI a/k/a Brew City a/k/a Cream City

Who/Why/How:
"From all over North America... and often from overseas... hundreds of Italian car lovers drive, trailer, and fly to converge at a chosen destination, usually rich in history and culture, to play! We unite in the spirit of friendship to celebrate the unique automobiles that reside under the umbrella of the FIAT marque including ABARTH, Alfa Romeo, FIAT, Lancia and more!"

Note* This year we are dividing planned activities into Sportiva (high energy) and Economica (laidback). We want to offer varied options while mining the longheld FIAT tradition of introducing a (both) Sporty and Economic range of vehicles.

There is F-U-N to be had by all!

FFO17 ITINERARY:

19 July, Wednsday
Earliest arrival activity to be announced. Stay tuned!

20 July, Thursday
Sportiva; Holy Hill Basilica, Wisconsin/Wisconsin Auto Museum backroads romp. Join us for a fun drive, through some Wisconsin backroads, to famed Holy HIll and the Wisconsin Auto Museum (Historic WI).

Economica; our innaugural FIAT GeoTouring locale scavenger hunt (Historic MKE)

21 July, Friday
Sportiva; join our caravan to an FCA-only Sunset Cruise at the legendary Road America race track.

Economica; don't worry if you arrive a little late Friday (or your car can't make it the trek to Road America. FIAT Club America has you covered. Milwaukee Food-City Tours will be serving the [inter]national FIAT S.p.A. community with their Pizza Bus and Brewery Bus rides around our fair city.

Alternate activity; grab yourself a local slice of Italy with one of our [inter]national convention partners, Festa Italiana.

22 July, Saturday
Our annual Concorso is partnering with the MKE Italian Community Center & Festa Italiana to help celebrate the 40th anniversary of the cultural festival and over 30 years of FIAT Club America brand miniature mayhem.

Then, we will reconvene at the MKE-Brookfield Sheraton for our awards banquet.

23 July, Sunday
FCA Brunch/Raffle at MKE-Brookfield Sheraton

Sportiva (optional); post-FreakOut Miata Club AutoX event in (IL)

Economica; Harley Davidson Museum tour (MKE)

Stay Tuned for more details!

Amacento
12-16-2016, 10:32 AM

What:
FIAT FreakOut

When:
19-23 July (Early Arrivals welcome)

Where:
Milwaukee, WI a/k/a Brew City a/k/a Cream City

Who/Why/How:
"From all over North America... and often from overseas... hundreds of Italian car lovers drive, trailer, and fly to converge at a chosen destination, usually rich in history and culture, to play! We unite in the spirit of friendship to celebrate the unique automobiles that reside under the umbrella of the FIAT marque including ABARTH, Alfa Romeo, FIAT, Lancia and more!"

Note* This year we are dividing planned activities into Sportivo (high energy) and Normale (laidback). We want to offer varied options while mining the longheld FIAT tradition of introducing a (both) Naughty and Nice range of vehicles.

There is F-U-N to be had by all!

FFO17 ITINERARY:

19 July, Wednsday
Earliest arrival activity to be announced. Stay tuned!

20 July, Thursday
Sportivo; our innaugural FIAT GeoTouring locale scavenger hunt (Historic MKE)

Normale; Holy Hill Basilica, Wisconsin/Wisconsin Auto Museum backroads romp. Join us for a fun drive, through some Wisconsin backroads, to famed Holy HIll and the Wisconsin Auto Museum (Historic WI).

21 July, Friday
Sportivo; join our caravan to an FCA-only Sunset Cruise at the legendary Road America race track.

Normale; don't worry if you arrive a little late Friday (or your car can't make it the trek to Road America. FIAT Club America has you covered. Milwaukee Food-City Tours will be serving the [inter]national FIAT S.p.A. community with their Pizza Bus and Brewery Bus rides around our fair city.

Alternate activity; grab yourself a local slice of Italy with one of our [inter]national convention partners, Festa Italiana.

22 July, Saturday
Our annual Concorso is partnering with the MKE Italian Community Center & Festa Italiana to help celebrate the 40th anniversary of the cultural festival and over 30 years of FIAT Club America brand miniature mayhem.

Then, we will reconvene at the MKE-Brookfield Sheraton for our awards banquet.

23 July, Sunday
FCA Brunch/Raffle at MKE-Brookfield Sheraton

Sportivo (optional); post-FreakOut Miata Club AutoX event in (IL)

Normale; Harley Davidson Museum tour (MKE)

Stay Tuned for more details!

The official FIAT Club America event has been created on the [inter]national page.

https://www.facebook.com/FIAT-Club-America-187115171303271/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE

Most of the details a/k/a contracts for the planned events are in the final stages. We're working hard to get things settled as early as possible. We also changed the names of the FIAT-related events to "Normale" and "Sportivo"... to further clarify the themes of the activities.

msjulie33
12-16-2016, 11:58 AM
I wish Milwaukee was closer to me :)

TheGodfather
12-16-2016, 01:06 PM
Amacento, what part of WI are you from?

I live in Johnson Creek, but I work in Pewaukee....Looking forward to the event(s).

Amacento
12-16-2016, 01:19 PM
I wish Milwaukee was closer to me :)
As do I. 'Would love to include you in our events.

Amacento
12-16-2016, 01:20 PM
Amacento, what part of WI are you from?

I live in Johnson Creek, but I work in Pewaukee....Looking forward to the event(s).
I'm in Milwaukee... now living in Whitefish Bay (still technically Milwaukee).

I'm glad you'll be joining us.

Amacento
02-04-2017, 11:19 AM
I put these together for some FFO17 "guerrilla" marketing.

We're working hard to make this more than just a massive FIAT event. Some members bring their families... everyone should be able to have fun while visiting a new city/state. Please... help the national club spread the news and drum up the excitement for this FreakOut.

Amacento
02-09-2017, 08:24 AM

- Early Bird romp at Veloce Indoor Speedway; this is an informal activity at a special club price, individuals pay at facility

- Backroads cruise to Holy Hill and Wisconsin Auto Museum; this is a formal and VERY attractively priced event, individuals pay at facility

- Our first ever FIAT GeoDash replaces the usual Poker Run this year; this is scheduled to be a free event designed to offer the opportunity to explore our city while learning a little local history... FUN for the FIAT Freak and Famiglia

- Road America Private Sunset Cruise and meal following a cruise around the historic Elkhart Lake track; this is a formal activity, individuals prepay via FIAT Club America site (link coming soon) and is restricted to members you can pay for membership at time of event registration

*there is an alternate non-car related [sightseeing] event scheduled as well... FUN for the FIAT Freak and Famiglia

- Concorso (Concourse) at Milwaukee's Mitchell Park and boxed lunches; this is formal activity, individuals prepay via FIAT Club America site (link coming soon) to enter their car in the Concorso

*Saturday night is the the traditional Awards Banquet

- Sunday Brunch and Raffle

*this is followed by a VERY attractively priced visit to the Harley Davidson Museum, individuals pay at facility

Notice the keen focus on varied activities, opportunities to explore our city and parts of the rest of our region and pricing? It's a vacation... have FUN!!

Amacento
03-02-2017, 10:41 PM
At long last:

https://www.fiatclubamerica.com/FFO2017/

You'll be pleased to find the itinerary is nearly unchanged from the proposal that drew you to this particular FreakOut.

Get'cher Freak On!

Amacento
03-07-2017, 05:35 AM
Hello, again!

I'm trying to get a projection on the amount of cars we could have at the Road America event.

Are you planning to join the convoy to Elkhart Lake if you are attending the national convention this year?

What other events on the itinerary interest you?

Fiat500USA
03-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LEI6tPkAbRY/UYZZCtWDxlI/AAAAAAAARD8/fhjHz6yeETAAT8-IWTC8r7PflOyv-VKjQCPcB/s650/Fiat%2BFreak%2BOut%2B2010%2B659.jpg

Registration for the largest Fiat event of the year has just kicked off! Called the Fiat FreakOut, the annual event is the national convention of Fiat Club America (FCA) and is now in its 34th year. The Fiat FreakOut is a multi-day event filled with fun activities and friendly Fiat enthusiasts. This year's FreakOut is being held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and promises to be something special. http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~4/7oaeTXZuuJw

Read about it here... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/7oaeTXZuuJw/register-now-for-2017-fiat-freakout.html)

Amacento
03-08-2017, 05:35 AM

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LEI6tPkAbRY/UYZZCtWDxlI/AAAAAAAARD8/fhjHz6yeETAAT8-IWTC8r7PflOyv-VKjQCPcB/s650/Fiat%2BFreak%2BOut%2B2010%2B659.jpg

Registration for the largest Fiat event of the year has just kicked off! Called the Fiat FreakOut, the annual event is the national convention of Fiat Club America (FCA) and is now in its 34th year. The Fiat FreakOut is a multi-day event filled with fun activities and friendly Fiat enthusiasts. This year's FreakOut is being held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and promises to be something special. http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~4/7oaeTXZuuJw

Read about it here... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/7oaeTXZuuJw/register-now-for-2017-fiat-freakout.html)
On behalf of FIAT Club America and Cream City 500 Club, THANK YOU sir.

FFO17 promises plenty "once-in-a-FreakOut" action... the PRIVATE SUNSET CRUISE at Road America being the anchor event. The very first FreakOut took place at a race track (spectator-only)... we focused on taking Bobb's baby a step further and put people on the track. Our greatest desire is this "newbie" organized national convention will cause enough of a stir to encourage/inspire old school & new school FIATisti & ABARTHisti. We know FIAT, and ABARTH, needs outside attention and inside support. Here's your chance to meet the need.

Translation: "Read about the legend or be about the legend." - Amacento

Amacento
03-10-2017, 08:46 AM
FIAT Club America's BOD is really amped about securing private time on the Road America track. I was inspired by their passion and dropped these words on two amazing images...

Fiat500USA
03-10-2017, 11:43 AM
FIAT Club America's BOD is really amped about securing private time on the Road America track. I was inspired by their passion and dropped these words on two amazing images...

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25869&stc=1

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25870&stc=1

Great images and captions. I'm really missing the old days. FreakOut is a great way to walk down memory lane with these classics.

Amacento
03-20-2017, 06:54 AM

Amacento
03-23-2017, 07:02 AM

We're emphasizing our track time at Road America as the anchor event of FIAT FreakOut 2017, but that isn't the only reason to join in the fun.
$48 includes track time + one meal!

The backroads drive to Holy Hill & Wisconsin Auto Museum is a great trip for car aficionados as well as those who enjoy a nice scenic drive and a bit of history.
$5 total!

The FIAT GeoDash MKE is a fun way visitors can learn about our City on the Lake and take in sights many locals take for granted.
FREE!

The Welcome Dinner should be buzzing with cool daytime experiences.
$26 per adult (lower prices for the kids)!

The Pizza Bus Tour... 'Nuff said there, right?

The Midnight Cruise to Milwaukee Downtown... will prove worthwhile for night owls.
FREE!

The Concorso is always a blast... and The Mitchell Park Domes were OFFICIALLY named a national treasure this week.
Registration includes one car entry!

Who will walk away with top honors at the Awards Banquet?

Who will drive away with the coolest swag after the Breakfast & Raffle?

I'm really proud of the work my planning committee has done. Look at how much value we planned in by way of FREE or LOW COST activities. We drove each and every cost when the opportunities presented themselves.

We're currently working out how many volunteers we'll need during the July "Italian Invasion" of Southeastern Wisconsin. Contact FIAT Club America or PM me here if you're interested in helping us serve the community.

sjmst
05-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Just booked FFO. xyxwave

Flying in from NY. I found it more convenient to fly to Chicago and rent a car to drive the 1.5 hours to Milwaukee.

Amacento
05-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Just booked FFO. xyxwave

Flying in from NY. I found it more convenient to fly to Chicago and rent a car to drive the 1.5 hours to Milwaukee.
Don't forget to request a FIAT (I know Enterprise carries FCA product in their fleet).

sjmst
05-03-2017, 11:22 AM
Don't forget to request a FIAT (I know Enterprise carries FCA product in their fleet).

Really? Hmmmm

Amacento
05-04-2017, 02:18 AM
Really? Hmmmm
Yes. The first FIAT 500 I drove was rented from Enterprise. The first 500X I drove was rented from Enterprise.

Amacento
05-21-2017, 11:17 AM
Registration numbers look good. Most registrants are Midwestern so far.

The varied itinerary seems to be paying off AND the Road America event already exceeds our low number (for cars) while completely blowing our total attendee (passengers included) number out of the water. I can hardly wait to see all the FIATs and ABARTHs on the track... The photos should be incredible.

Thanks to all who registered early and, of course, thanks to all the registrants coming or way!

sjmst
05-22-2017, 11:15 AM
This confirms what I have thought. A FFO can and should be held anywhere. Those in the Northeast may or may not be able to make it, but a different region gives the locals THERE an opportunity to participate

Southernroadrunner
05-22-2017, 01:13 PM
Registration numbers look good. Most registrants are Midwestern so far.

The varied itinerary seems to be paying off AND the Road America event already exceeds our low number (for cars) while completely blowing our total attendee (passengers included) number out of the water. I can hardly wait to see all the FIATs and ABARTHs on the track... The photos should be incredible.

Thanks to all who registered early and, of course, thanks to all the registrants coming or way!

Just a question Amacento how many interested people you got from Europe or across the pond signed up for this event.Thats interesting to see how far the event draws from

Amacento
05-23-2017, 03:59 AM
Just a question Amacento how many interested people you got from Europe or across the pond signed up for this event.Thats interesting to see how far the event draws from
Only a handful contacted me about it. Remember, ABARTH Day 2017 and a few other major European FIAT 500 Club events are happening this time of year. I didn't expect many, if any, European followers to show up. That stated... I'm hopeful 1-2 of those who reached out will actually make the trek.

Amacento
05-23-2017, 04:31 AM
This confirms what I have thought. A FFO can and should be held anywhere. Those in the Northeast may or may not be able to make it, but a different region gives the locals THERE an opportunity to participate
Agreed.

The best way to grow the national club as well as the national convention may be to trust the cool factor of said club & convention. People want to be more involved... not all people have the gumption to establish their own club and/or event. Our hope is members will see a 3 years young club organize and host the event and draw enough inspiration to GET IN THERE. Anyone with enough passion and the right combination of collaborators can do this.

How to "get'er done":
- One person (or a team of two) puts together a "dream list" itinerary... include local flavor & history
- Present idea to local members in order to gauge interest/support in organizing (use discernment in whom is chosen to help)
- Add finesse to the itinerary and submit an official bid to the BOD
- Begin search for local "partners" to help sponsor the activities when the bid is approved (this can significantly keep attendee costs down)
- Set up monthly planning meetings for local plan participants
- Identify two (A and B) choices for the Concorso
- Identify and exploit local agencies able to help with promotion and low end funding
- Assign "deliverables"... include due dates for results... based on individual passion and talents
- Constant and consistent communication (the leader/leaders will need to drive this on a regular basis)

The BOD is always there for moral support and advice. But the BOD cannot help make the event feel like the city in which it is held - That's where you and your team come in. Is there a significant Motorsport venue in your area? Book it!

And by all means... Get'cher Freak On.

sjmst
05-23-2017, 08:53 AM
agreed.

The best way to grow the national club as well as the national convention may be to trust the cool factor of said club & convention. People want to be more involved... Not all people have the gumption to establish their own club and/or event. Our hope is members will see a 3 years young club organize and host the event and draw enough inspiration to get in there. Anyone with enough passion and the right combination of collaborators can do this.

How to "get'er done":
- one person (or a team of two) puts together a "dream list" itinerary... Include local flavor & history
- present idea to local members in order to gauge interest/support in organizing (use discernment in whom is chosen to help)
- add finesse to the itinerary and submit an official bid to the bod
- begin search for local "partners" to help sponsor the activities when the bid is approved (this can significantly keep attendee costs down)
- set up monthly planning meetings for local plan participants
- identify two (a and b) choices for the concorso
- identify and exploit local agencies able to help with promotion and low end funding
- assign "deliverables"... Include due dates for results... Based on individual passion and talents
- constant and consistent communication (the leader/leaders will need to drive this on a regular basis)

the bod is always there for moral support and advice. But the bod cannot help make the event feel like the city in which it is held - that's where you and your team come in. Is there a significant motorsport venue in your area? Book it!

And by all means... Get'cher freak on.

agree 100%

Amacento
05-30-2017, 06:53 AM

SVAGO 1
05-30-2017, 09:18 AM
I'm Registered for events on Thursday and Friday... My mother's side of the family is having a Family Reunion in Chicagoland that weekend, so Saturday I will be heading south to be with them.

I may do the AutoCross on Sunday before heading home, as it will be less than 15 minutes from where I will be staying, but that will be dependent on any other gatherings my family plans for the weekend...

Amacento
05-30-2017, 12:03 PM
I'm Registered for events on Thursday and Friday... My mother's side of the family is having a Family Reunion in Chicagoland that weekend, so Saturday I will be heading south to be with them.

I may do the AutoCross on Sunday before heading home, as it will be less than 15 minutes from where I will be staying, but that will be dependent on any other gatherings my family plans for the weekend...
Great to read.

The early response is very positive. So, we're looking forward to a fun week/weekend among FIATisti & ABARTHisti. I can hardly wait to see all the contemporary & vintage cars on the track!

SVAGO 1
05-30-2017, 12:45 PM
Great to read.

The early response is very positive. So, we're looking forward to a fun week/weekend among FIATisti & ABARTHisti. I can hardly wait to see all the contemporary & vintage cars on the track!

I'll be completely honest... The opportunity to drive Road America sealed the deal for me. With the Family Reunion that weekend, I'm going to catch a little flack for not being there Friday night. BUT, we have some car guys in the family, so when I explain WHY, they'll completely let me off the hook!

Amacento
05-31-2017, 06:53 AM
I'll be completely honest... The opportunity to drive Road America sealed the deal for me. With the Family Reunion that weekend, I'm going to catch a little flack for not being there Friday night. BUT, we have some car guys in the family, so when I explain WHY, they'll completely let me off the hook!
Thanks, again, for your feedback.

A great deal of energy went into making that activity happen at just the right price point. Your comment helped make my day.

SVAGO 1
05-31-2017, 08:32 AM
Thanks, again, for your feedback.

A great deal of energy went into making that activity happen at just the right price point. Your comment helped make my day.

So, I was looking at the Road America page last night and there are several vintage race events that weekend. Does our $48 fee include entrance to those events which will be occurring before our evening drive?

Amacento
06-01-2017, 06:29 AM
So, I was looking at the Road America page last night and there are several vintage race events that weekend. Does our $48 fee include entrance to those events which will be occurring before our evening drive?
In short: No.

An attempt was made to somehow link the two events... and Festa Italiana... but timing did not permit. The goal was to create the grandest spectacle possible. We trust we got close and everyone will have a blast.

The fee includes the guided tour around the historic road course, hitting the active track and the meal. It's taking some logistical magic to fit our event into that weekend. Getting us on the track during the vintage racing would have cost participants nearly double the actual fee. We are encouraged to head downtown, after our event, to check out the vintage cars. But we have the traditional midnight cruise from the hotel to Downtown Milwaukee that night.

SVAGO 1
06-01-2017, 07:36 AM
In short: No.

An attempt was made to somehow link the two events... and Festa Italiana... but timing did not permit. The goal was to create the grandest spectacle possible. We trust we got close and everyone will have a blast.

The fee includes the guided tour around the historic road course, hitting the active track and the meal. It's taking some logistical magic to fit our event into that weekend. Getting us on the track during the vintage racing would have cost participants nearly double the actual fee. We are encouraged to head downtown, after our event, to check out the vintage cars. But we have the traditional midnight cruise from the hotel to Downtown Milwaukee that night.

I didn't mean as participants, I was thinking more as fans, like to watch a race or two before our tour, etc.

Participating for $48 would have been unbelievably sweet!! I would have thought you some sort of wizard or something!!

Amacento
06-01-2017, 03:42 PM
I didn't mean as participants, I was thinking more as fans, like to watch a race or two before our tour, etc.

Participating for $48 would have been unbelievably sweet!! I would have thought you some sort of wizard or something!!
Yep. I understood you correctly. I'm just doing a bad job of explaining.

What I meant to explain is we tried to include spectating as part of the package but it would have nearly doubled the price. You can always drive there without the group and attend a day of racing. Thanks again for all the feedback.

Amacento
06-09-2017, 06:15 AM

Amacento
06-14-2017, 06:50 AM
We're pretty much in the home stretch for registrations. Get in there soon if you plan to "Get'cher FreakOn" in Milwaukee and at Road America next month.

Joe's 500L
07-11-2017, 11:58 AM
Sure looks like a blast, of fun. I certainly wish, the wife and our new 500 Lounge could come up for this....unfortunately, I have been busy with her, she just had two surgeries in a row...now home recovering. All the while, I'm disabled, and trying to care of me, as well. :) You all have fun, and stay safe! Share some photos! :)

Fiat500USA
07-17-2017, 10:40 AM
Just want to take a moment and give a shout out to the folks attending the 2017 Fiat FreakOut. Right now, people are packing up and getting on the road to Milwaukee. Amado and his crew at the Cream City Fiat Club have put together a fantastic event for you guys which I know you will love. Have fun and be safe. Italian cars are all about fun so soak it all in. Make sure you post pictures here for those who can't make it. We appreciate that!

Proud to be a Fiat FreakOut sponsor for the past seven years!

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LMP8nvd97_k/WWzD1TQfmmI/AAAAAAAAygE/t_dK86LeBE8X4_kLyo6a6iNqzKwAOT83wCKgBGAs/s1600/Fiat-FreakOut-Sponsor-Fiat-500-USA.jpg

Blast from the past below!
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OuwhA_JZdNU/WWzMDhuwRwI/AAAAAAAAyg8/lvQuvy1VWxEd9q6fHXic-JkQ3b7xfBzeACKgBGAs/s1600/upload_-1

make sure you support the other sponsors of FreakOut as well:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dm6LEpQVEU4/WWzH2mUx6gI/AAAAAAAAygU/ffrV1qQjukIwbc0vWxxnBl2OVMZOZOeVACKgBGAs/s1600/2017-Fiat-FreakOut-Sponsors.jpg

sjmst
07-17-2017, 02:05 PM
Just want to take a moment and give a shout out to the folks attending the 2017 Fiat FreakOut. Right now, people are packing up and getting on the road to Milwaukee. Amado and his crew at the Cream City Fiat Club have put together a fantastic event for you guys which I know you will love. Have fun and be safe. Italian cars are all about fun so soak it all in. Make sure you post pictures here for those who can't make it. We appreciate that!

Proud to be a Fiat FreakOut sponsor for the past seven years!

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LMP8nvd97_k/WWzD1TQfmmI/AAAAAAAAygE/t_dK86LeBE8X4_kLyo6a6iNqzKwAOT83wCKgBGAs/s1600/Fiat-FreakOut-Sponsor-Fiat-500-USA.jpg

Blast from the past below!
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OuwhA_JZdNU/WWzMDhuwRwI/AAAAAAAAyg8/lvQuvy1VWxEd9q6fHXic-JkQ3b7xfBzeACKgBGAs/s1600/upload_-1

make sure you support the other sponsors of FreakOut as well:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dm6LEpQVEU4/WWzH2mUx6gI/AAAAAAAAygU/ffrV1qQjukIwbc0vWxxnBl2OVMZOZOeVACKgBGAs/s1600/2017-Fiat-FreakOut-Sponsors.jpg

Be there Friday night and Saturday

TheGodfather
07-17-2017, 10:03 PM
Hopefully the weather can hold out. It's showing thunderstorms from Wednesday thru Saturday.

Amacento
07-18-2017, 04:16 AM
Hopefully the weather can hold out. It's showing thunderstorms from Wednesday thru Saturday.
Rain looks to be on and off... most days are "isolated". I have no idea what that means most of the time, but I my fingers are crossed for any rain we see to be post-events and/or overnight.

The Veloce fun is not impacted by weather (good thing).

'Fingers crossed for the FIAT GeoDash... Clues will be handed out by two loons standing in the elements for most stops. The Holy Hill & WI Auto Museum event will run rain or shine.

The Pizza Bus Tour may prove to be a smart move for those who registered for it. RA event runs rain or shine. That's always been the policy with private track time.

The Concorso won't be impacted (much) if it does rain Saturday. We picked a location that makes "running for cover" easy. The location is also paved... no mud & freshly cut grass to muck up details.

I will be running last minute errands in preparation for Wednesday arrivals and the official Thursday kick-off. See you sooner than later!

Thad
07-18-2017, 08:54 AM
People have already started arriving. It will be a blast. I'm so sorry that I won't be in attendance this year.

Fiat500USA
07-18-2017, 09:47 AM
I'm sure any rain won't dampen the mood.jestera Besides overcast makes for good pictures!

sjmst
07-18-2017, 12:04 PM

Agreed. The event goes rain or shine so won't be a washout no matter what.

Amacento
07-18-2017, 01:16 PM
People have already started arriving. It will be a blast. I'm so sorry that I won't be in attendance this year.
'Tis too bad.

I'll be stopping by the hotel this afternoon to drop off some FIAT goodies (Thanks, Schlossmann.). Grant Stanfield did us a solid and picked up goodies (Thanks, Bergstrom.) and will have them with him. Palmen Alfa Romeo-FIAT will be repping at the Road America event (Thanks!).

Three out of four Wisconsin studios chose to get involved in some way. Palmen & Schlossmann were especially generous. My hat is off to those studios. Too bad [Miller] Madison FIAT couldn't join in the fun.

See you all sooner than later!

TheGodfather
07-19-2017, 07:44 AM
Any idea when folks will be heading over to Veloce?...I work right down the road. Just an FYI, the new Point Burger Bar is attached to Veloce and is supposed to be a pretty good place to grab a burger and a beer.

Amacento
07-19-2017, 10:34 AM
Any idea when folks will be heading over to Veloce?...I work right down the road. Just an FYI, the new Point Burger Bar is attached to Veloce and is supposed to be a pretty good place to grab a burger and a beer.
Discount at Point Burger Burger for FFO Veloce group.

Check in with Bryan Reiners for details. His email & phone number should have been distributed to everyone.

TheGodfather
07-19-2017, 10:45 AM
Just one other cool thing that people may be interested in (being that these are Italian designed vehicles and all). Al Capone had a summer home in Brookfield, WI which is just a few minutes away from Veloce in Pewaukee.

I don't want to post the person's exact address, but it's off of North Brookfield Road and you turn on to Capone Court
Drive to the end of the of the cul de sac and Capone's home will be on your left (it'll be the oldest looking home in the neighborhood and easily identifiable).

Fiat500USA
07-19-2017, 03:50 PM

The 2017 Fiat FreakOut event is happening right now. Fiat and Italian car fans have begun arriving in Milwaukee to celebrate the 34th annual Fiat Club America national convention called the Fiat FreakOut. Fiat FreakOut is always a fantastic time filled with family fun activities, drives and plenty of time to mingle with people that have the same passion for Italian cars you do. To gethttp://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~4/KowOWWgno54

Read about it here... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/KowOWWgno54/fiat-needs-your-freakout-photos.html)

Southernroadrunner
07-19-2017, 09:15 PM
'Tis too bad.

I'll be stopping by the hotel this afternoon to drop off some FIAT goodies (Thanks, Schlossmann.). Grant Stanfield did us a solid and picked up goodies (Thanks, Bergstrom.) and will have them with him. Palmen Alfa Romeo-FIAT will be repping at the Road America event (Thanks!).

Three out of four Wisconsin studios chose to get involved in some way. Palmen & Schlossmann were especially generous. My hat is off to those studios. Too bad [Miller] Madison FIAT couldn't join in the fun.

See you all sooner than later!

You know its a little bad when a dealer doesn't want to participate in an event like this,in his area or close.but it is freedom of choice I guess.

Fiat500USA
07-19-2017, 11:04 PM
You know its a little bad when a dealer doesn't want to participate in an event like this,in his area or close.but it is freedom of choice I guess.

Disappointing. Some guys get it and some don't. The great news is that three stepped up! Palmen and Bergstrom Fiat have always been supportive and have been longtime sponsors of Fiat500USA.com. Bergstrom was one of my first sponsors and Palman has been with us for many years.

Amacento
07-20-2017, 04:36 AM
It is most definitely a freedom of choice.

Don't get me wrong... 'Not sharing this info to put anyone in a bad light. There are 4 dealers in WI and 3 are participating. I was told it's often difficult to get 1 dealer to participate. This FFO seems to be over-performing in many measurements. I'm proud of the local planning committee and the BOD work done for this.

Thurs (Official FFO KickOff):
The WI Auto Museum & GeoDash participants meet in registration at 10a.
Driver/Navigator meeting for both events will begin at that time. A very LARGE group is participating in the Museum trip. The pre-trip meeting will be important. The GeoDash Driver/Navigator meeting is equally important as the participants will be led downtown immediately following said meeting. Both events are planned to wrap in order to get everyone back in time to spruce up for the Welcome Dinner.

By the way - Peeps are gonna want to spend time in the registration/vendor room. 'Lots of goodies to be had. Find Patty & Pat and thank them for getting that room looking the way it does.

Fiat500USA
07-21-2017, 09:22 PM
Any pictures? Can't wait to see them!

NSngineer
07-22-2017, 12:22 AM
2760627607276082760927610One pic of Holy Hill and the others from Wisconsin Auto Museum.

Amacento
07-22-2017, 07:18 AM
2760627607276082760927610One pic of Holy Hill and the others from Wisconsin Auto Museum.
Thank you for sharing those!

Amacento
07-22-2017, 07:20 AM
Any pictures? Can't wait to see them!
Lots of people are sharing to the FIAT Club America page and the CC5C page. Here a couple...

TheGodfather
07-22-2017, 09:20 AM
What has the attendance looked like this year? Unfortunately my work schedule has consumed me this week and I was not able to join in on any of these events.

NSngineer
07-22-2017, 09:42 AM
This is our second year; we've met several new-comers, some members that didn't come to Detroit ( our first), and we missed some we met last year that didn't come now.
At the drivers' meeting they said they had expected 20 cars for the Road America drive- there were 70 some cars. We got to see formula cars and vintage cars race on the course before we got to go out for 3 laps. The we had dinner and left.

Amacento
07-23-2017, 08:44 AM
What has the attendance looked like this year? Unfortunately my work schedule has consumed me this week and I was not able to join in on any of these events.
Attendance was good... especially considering WI that much further from the East Coast.

The new FIAT and ABARTH representation was at its highest this year (+40%). There were also several "Eastern Block" FIATs in attendance, thanks to Pep and his local "Commie Cars" biz. I've only seen one Polski FIAT in the past. Poland, former Soviet Union and former Yugoslavia were present this year.

Keep in mind - Many of the new FIAT and ABARTH owners tend to take part in FIAT on The Dragon. They seem to prefer drive-centric events. FIAT FreakOut includes some drive-centric activity, but it's mostly FIAT folks sharing a vacation together. That is why mixed it up by including "Normale" and "Sportivo" activities. Normale events were geared towards families while Sportivo events were geared towards the people who want to get out and run their FIATs as many of them were designed to be driven.

Sorry you missed it.

Amacento
07-23-2017, 08:48 AM
This is our second year; we've met several new-comers, some members that didn't come to Detroit ( our first), and we missed some we met last year that didn't come now.
At the drivers' meeting they said they had expected 20 cars for the Road America drive- there were 70 some cars. We got to see formula cars and vintage cars race on the course before we got to go out for 3 laps. The we had dinner and left.
I always expected no fewer than 50 cars, but that number wasn't quite aligned with past FFO metrics. We priced the event for the lower (22 minimum) price and +70 attended (I don't have the exact number but I know 78 registered).

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. This event meant A LOT to me and I wanted to show/give something special to those who chose to participate.

Southernroadrunner
07-23-2017, 10:29 AM
I always expected no fewer than 50 cars, but that number wasn't quite aligned with past FFO metrics. We priced the event for the lower (22 minimum) price and +70 attended (I don't have the exact number but I know 78 registered).

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. This event meant A LOT to me and I wanted to show/give something special to those who chose to participate.
Amacento-Kinda reading along and was wondering cause I guess my addition isn't what it use to be but when you get exact figures,how many cars and how many people did you have attend.Was it 78 cars registered as by what I am reading in your post??

Amacento
07-23-2017, 11:41 PM
Amacento-Kinda reading along and was wondering cause I guess my addition isn't what it use to be but when you get exact figures,how many cars and how many people did you have attend.Was it 78 cars registered as by what I am reading in your post??
I did not count the number of cars that registered for FFO. My main concern was how many registered for the Road America activity (78 cars). Some were not able to attend. I think we still ended up with over 70 cars on the track. Most cars had a driver and a passenger. So, my guess would be 72-75 cars and 130-137 total people. That's a big group for a track event... the largest ever for FFO.

Southernroadrunner
07-24-2017, 09:32 AM
Amacento- Glad you guys had a very successful event.For you and your crew in Milwaukee Thank You for all your hard work putting this together for everyone.

Fiat500USA
07-24-2017, 10:21 AM
That sounds awesome. Now let's see some pictures!

Amacento
07-25-2017, 07:39 AM
That sounds awesome. Now let's see some pictures!
I'll do you one better... Check out the new blog entry: http://cc5club.blogspot.com/2017/07/post-freakout-looking-ahead.html

Southernroadrunner
07-25-2017, 12:06 PM
Amacento - Very good article written in your Blog.Forum members you ought to read the article he wrote.The description is very good and the added pics are great to.

Amacento
07-25-2017, 03:55 PM
Amacento - Very good article written in your Blog.Forum members you ought to read the article he wrote.The description is very good and the added pics are great to.
Thanks.

Folks may be interested in these as well:
https://blog.fcanorthamerica.com/2017/06/29/fiat-freakout-headed-to-milwaukee/

https://blog.fcanorthamerica.com/2017/07/19/advertising-goes-retro-for-fiat-freakout-2017/

Fiat500USA
07-25-2017, 04:30 PM
All great articles and highly recommended reading. Great job on the FreakOut. I'm proud and happy to be once again a sponsor. Looking forward to next year!

Fiat500USA
07-25-2017, 06:01 PM
Still looking for pictures posted here for us poor unfortunates who couldn't make it to the FreakOut!

Amacento
07-26-2017, 07:10 AM
Still looking for pictures posted here for us poor unfortunates who couldn't make it to the FreakOut!
Images in my blog, buddy.

fiatnut
07-28-2017, 01:36 PM
Images in my blog, buddy.

Fantastic job ,hats off to the organizers .

Amacento
07-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Fantastic job ,hats off to the organizers .
Thanks so much. I, along with the BOD, have received lots of positive feedback.

Classic Cars published a fantastic article about FIATs, FIAT Club America and FIAT FreakOut.

The local team I put together truly knocked it out of the park and the Board of Directors provided much appreciated trust & support. The sponsors were very generous. The host hotel staff were very eager to please. The weather (mostly) held up. The only downside was the people unable to join us.

Southernroadrunner
07-28-2017, 04:38 PM
Amacento to total it up You done good,really good.

Fiat500USA
08-02-2017, 03:05 PM

Anyone?

shakingthrough
08-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Anyone?

I just created an album and uploaded a few photos that I took.
Bill

Southernroadrunner
08-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Bill
Thanks for the pics there Bill.People that didn't get to participate will appreciate it sir.

Amacento
08-15-2017, 08:12 AM
I've been busy relaxing, writing my blog/plus a Ricambi article and returning to "normal" post-FFO2017. But by popular demand...

Maybe these will help get things rolling in a bigger way. I think it's much more fun when people not connected to the national club share their memories.

Amacento
09-06-2017, 07:44 AM
Chris - I apologize for the lack of action in this thread. Here are some more of my personal shots for those unable to attend this event.

The most important image, in my opinion, is the list of sponsors. These are the people/organizations responsible for keeping paid events affordable. I don't think they're celebrated enough. Some gave as much as $1000... quite a few are local.

I never understood the Poker Run event... so, we came up with the FIAT GEODASH. I wrote a limerick with clues to various local sites. Participants had to decipher the clues and find the sites. Their proof? Photos they sent to the event coordinator. I, for one, hope this becomes a mainstay. Name FFO after a city? Put people in a creative position to see the city. Thanks to Joe & Ian for added inspiration.

One of the main reasons to attend any minor or major automotive event is the opportunity to see rare cars. Here are some "Eastern Block" FIATs a local member brought to the shindig. He imports, collects and sells the beautiful FIAT licensed cars. So, local FIAT fans can see these a few times a year at our local meets.

I always keep watch for generations of 500s. Here is a US-spec Nuova 500 (I forget the year) and a '52 500 "Topolino". Yes... the 500 was originally front-engined. We didn't copy the Mini.

I always thought FreakOuts should include an "anchor" event. This is an event that actually draws people and boosts attendance. There was a lot of speculation about whether or not I'd lost my mind when I added this to the itinerary. But, with a little help from Joe and a lot of help from the folks at Reina Intl Auto and Palmen Alfa-FIAT, we brought the participant price down considerably. I'm glad I stuck to my guns.

Interested in hosting one of these in your neck of the woods? Dream up an itinerary that shows off your community, put together a small group of 4-5 dependable people and prepare to dig your heels in when the BOD thinks you're "out to lunch". This is especially important for people new to the FIAT scene. You know what you love about these cars. You put your money where your heart is. You know best for your local scene.

Have fun!

Amacento
09-07-2017, 06:47 AM
Bill
Care to add some to this thread, Bill? I'd like to see some I didn't take. I was too busy... erm... freaking out :frantic4yc:

Amacento
09-07-2017, 07:15 AM
Chris - This'll be my final batch for this thread. Maybe others will find the thread and add theirs later.

Foxy Boxy... A FIAT 131 Race Car (and she's taken many checkered flags).

FIAT ABARTH 750 Zagato... Double Bubble. Nothing more to add.

A rare FIAT 1500 Ghia? She's a FFO regular.

This is a very special FIAT. What's so special about it? 1) It's a Zastava. 2) It's based on the FIAT 128 Sedan (the Dante Giacosa car responsible for all modern front wheel drive setups). 3) It's at once a sedan and a pseudo-hatch. Very cool and extremely rare on these shores.

Finally... I had to stop and take this shot early.

I think every FIAT and/or ABARTH owner should attend at least one FreakOut in the lifetime of their ride. Get involved in your local scene if the national club isn't your thing.

shakingthrough
09-07-2017, 10:05 PM
OK here are the photos I have.

Great variety:

I did track touring mid-day on Friday as well and was lined up against a Ferrari:

Morning beauty:

Scoping out the parking lot:

Awesome trailer:

shakingthrough
09-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Beautiful sunrise:

Parking lot at Road America:

And then a variety of shots from the Concorso:

shakingthrough
09-07-2017, 10:14 PM
More from the show Saturday:

shakingthrough
09-07-2017, 10:18 PM
Five more from Saturday:

shakingthrough
09-07-2017, 10:20 PM
My last 4 from Saturday:

Fiat500USA
09-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Chris - I apologize for the lack of action in this thread. Here are some more of my personal shots for those unable to attend this event.

The most important image, in my opinion, is the list of sponsors. These are the people/organizations responsible for keeping paid events affordable. I don't think they're celebrated enough. Some gave as much as $1000... quite a few are local.

28064 Thanks Amado! Glad to be a long time sponsor of the FFO. I also want to thank the other FFO sponsors. These guys aren't getting rich selling and supporting the Fiat community - it's about their love for the brand and community. Hat's off to them!

I never understood the Poker Run event... so, we came up with the FIAT GEODASH. I wrote a limerick with clues to various local sites. Participants had to decipher the clues and find the sites. Their proof? Photos they sent to the event coordinator. I, for one, hope this becomes a mainstay. Name FFO after a city? Put people in a creative position to see the city. Thanks to Joe & Ian for added inspiration.

28065 That's a great idea! Looking forward to doing that at a FFO.

One of the main reasons to attend any minor or major automotive event is the opportunity to see rare cars. Here are some "Eastern Block" FIATs a local member brought to the shindig. He imports, collects and sells the beautiful FIAT licensed cars. So, local FIAT fans can see these a few times a year at our local meets.

28066 Great point. There are so many diverse Fiat derived cars out there. Fiats are or have been made all over including Turkey and Egypt. The Zastavas and Polski Fiats are some of my favorites. I had a Zastava /Yugo and it was blast. Cheap and reliable. Don't believe the haters that never owned one and talk out their you know what! LOL

I always keep watch for generations of 500s. Here is a US-spec Nuova 500 (I forget the year) and a '52 500 "Topolino". Yes... the 500 was originally front-engined. We didn't copy the Mini.

28067 Nice treat to see. Good point, too. You will rarely see FIAT copy something, nine times out of ten other companies copy FIAT.

I always thought FreakOuts should include an "anchor" event. This is an event that actually draws people and boosts attendance. There was a lot of speculation about whether or not I'd lost my mind when I added this to the itinerary. But, with a little help from Joe and a lot of help from the folks at Reina Intl Auto and Palmen Alfa-FIAT, we brought the participant price down considerably. I'm glad I stuck to my guns.

28068 Love that Barchetta! Good job pulling that off. Palmen Fiat has been a long time sponsor of Fiat 500 USA Blog and get's what we're about. Gotta love the dealers that give back and support the community.

Interested in hosting one of these in your neck of the woods? Dream up an itinerary that shows off your community, put together a small group of 4-5 dependable people and prepare to dig your heels in when the BOD thinks you're "out to lunch". This is especially important for people new to the FIAT scene. You know what you love about these cars. You put your money where your heart is. You know best for your local scene.

Have fun! bigclapbigclap

Amacento
09-11-2017, 01:49 PM
Thanks to shakingthrough for adding more images to the thread. I always enjoy seeing these events through other people's eyes.

Chris - I appreciate your added commentary and the support you provide me (my blog) and the rest of the FIAT community.

Amacento
11-02-2017, 04:58 AM
FIAT FreakOut 2017 (MKE) in Automobile Magazine - December.