PDA

View Full Version : Having fun with a FR-S

ManOfStealth
09-24-2016, 01:08 AM
I have a 2014 6speed 500L. It just so happens to have a uni-chip piggyback, Sprint throttle enhancer and a drop in K&N. Going to dinner tonight with two others, the Abarth was left at home for obvious reasons, and I came across a youngster and his date in a FR-S. I saw that they were jacking around speeding up and back down for a few miles and thought I'd see what they had in the car. They didn't even give me a looksee until I gave it some juice and passed them. They raced up to me soon after to have a pull from around 30mph. I'm pretty sure he had no idea what kind of car I had but was willing to go for it in a pull. Mind you I have three people in the car, me 280lb, front pass. 210lb and 150lb's in the back. Off we went even steven from 30 to 70 or so before I started to creep ahead. Two more runs and same results. He started to turn off at the next light and I yelled at him something about being embarrassed by a Fiat four door. Not something I do at all but this was my first chance to see what the real world 500L could do with a little help from a Uni-chip and drop in filter. Those with the 500L looking for a little more umph, there you go.

vaibhavdesai137
09-24-2016, 01:21 AM
Hahahahahaha. Cool story.

Felnus
09-24-2016, 04:16 PM
I had a 500L loaner when my Sport was in for some warranty work. I found it was a ton of fun on the interstate when a vehicle would come up behind me in passing lane. I would look for the next opening in the right lane, punch the gas, the transmission would downshift two gears, and suddenly I'd be going 20+ mph faster than I had been in a few seconds time. I'd change lanes into the opening and return to using cruise control. BMWs or Mercedes drivers would then pull alongside, staring at me before continuing on, trying to figure out what just happened. The 500L is very much a sleeper.