PDA

View Full Version : carbon fiber hydrodip airbox cover

born2ill
09-04-2016, 06:21 PM
Just did this today, my first try didnt come out perfect (i hit the bottom of the bath tub) but will try again tomorrow. but really happy with how its going to look. I did remove the 3 stripes on the top as i wanted a smoother look. How to video will be posted shortly after i get it perfect and finished.

born2ill
09-04-2016, 06:22 PM
heres 2 more pictures2330823309

born2ill
09-12-2016, 08:21 PM
Heres the video, not quite a "how to" video but you can see the process at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJe7ylcmXpo&feature=youtu.be

Tweak
09-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Heres the video, not quite a "how to" video but you can see the process at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJe7ylcmXpo&feature=youtu.be

From no Abarth to a modded Abarth rather quickly buddy. "Cowl"...that's the word you were looking for by the way.

Looking forward to the next time I see this in person as it is progressing both quickly and nicely! Sucks you were in the field and missed C&C, would have been 3 of us this time. Undecided about next month with FOTD happening but we'll see what comes of things as time draws nearer.

born2ill
09-12-2016, 10:27 PM
From no Abarth to a modded Abarth rather quickly buddy. "Cowl"...that's the word you were looking for by the way.

Looking forward to the next time I see this in person as it is progressing both quickly and nicely! Sucks you were in the field and missed C&C, would have been 3 of us this time. Undecided about next month with FOTD happening but we'll see what comes of things as time draws nearer.

Yeah as I was walking away from shooting the last clip, i was like "COWL THATS THE WORD!" but you know knew what i was talking about haha.

I was at the Spartan Race last saturday and will be gone all next month :( but have big plans for November when i get back.

Tweak
09-12-2016, 11:07 PM
Yeah as I was walking away from shooting the last clip, i was like "COWL THATS THE WORD!" but you know knew what i was talking about haha.

I was at the Spartan Race last saturday and will be gone all next month :( but have big plans for November when i get back.

Trust me I do SO many videos almost daily (product reviews of course) and know how during filming things just go *POOF* and then you instantly know when done.

Sucks you won't make it out to FOTD, hope you can make it come spring.

Looking forward to seeing things progress, great job with the videos.