PDA

View Full Version : Oil life gauge and unrelated sound or feel at low speed

johnner1999
09-01-2016, 09:11 PM
We have a 2016 500x AWD (2.4 9sp)

ive been noticing a slight vibration or shudder at lower speeds, from the rear I think. Almost feels like how an old 4x4 truck feels when the drive line is binding up. Nothing alarming very mild. Just curious.

And

how do you view the oil life monitor. Or doesn't this car have it?

bryanintowson
09-02-2016, 07:05 AM
The 9speed is likely the culprit. Have you had all the latest software updates?

5port
09-02-2016, 08:24 AM

ive been noticing a slight vibration or shudder at lower speeds, from the rear I think. Almost feels like how an old 4x4 truck feels when the drive line is binding up. Nothing alarming very mild. Just curious.

And

Depends on the vibration. As the trans reaches the higher gears at moderate speeds you will get a bit of rumble thru the floor (lets say 7th gear at 40 or so). This is normal. If you have any other sounds I would see the dealer.

Mine hasn't gone off yet (oil life) but I understand a message will pop up on the EVIC at about 7500 miles.

datasage
09-02-2016, 04:56 PM
Mine hasn't gone off yet (oil life) but I understand a message will pop up on the EVIC at about 7500 miles.

Its up to 10k miles, but it will depend on your environmental conditions and driving style. My first oil light came on just after 8k.

carfreak09
09-02-2016, 10:51 PM

And

You can't view the oil life monitor as you can in GM vehicles. Rather, it pops up a warning in the center display saying "change oil soon" when the oil life gets below a certain percentage. On my turbo, it came on after about 7500 miles of suburban driving.

PLP
09-16-2016, 09:43 AM
Almost feels like how an old 4x4 truck feels when the drive line is binding up. Nothing alarming very mild. Just curious.

And

Was it solved?

Ours is doing same. Not everytime, only occasionally.
It can be heard as grinding/vibration or humming noise. Low frequency. Seems like rear differential/axle issue.

I need to drive the car a bit more to investigate myself, but the other one (AWD as well) we drove was doing same thing, except much louder.

AdzM
09-25-2016, 10:32 PM
Hi all!

Glad to hear that other people are noticing this vibration. I noticed it shortly after my 500X was delivered.

From what I've seen, this behavior is normal? When I'm going around 40/50 (kms mind you) I can hear a low groaning almost; and when I'm in the 70's I feel vibrations through the gas pedal.

I just play around with the gas and it stops... I figure whenever I go in for my first oil change I'll ask about this and see if there is an update available.

Other than that, I still love the little guy!