PDA

View Full Version : Leveling

pizzamann95
08-16-2016, 09:06 PM
I have a 2013 turbo that I want to level. I really don't want to lower it more than an inch in front. The roads here are not that great and the in-laws live down a dirt road. Does anybody have any recommendation on a set of springs that will level the vehicle without a drastic change in ride height?

Southernroadrunner
08-16-2016, 09:48 PM
There will be alot of suggestions but if you just want it level in the rear I see alot of guys cut part of the rear coils a little. Might not be the best way though

WillFiat
08-17-2016, 04:31 PM
I just had the Eibach Pro-Kit springs installed on my 2012 FIAT 500 Sport. I think the Sport and Turbo suspension is very similar. The new springs lowered the rear end more that the front so the car is much more level front to back. I didn’t think to take measurements before and after but it looks like the car is about 1” lower overall and it still clears speed humps and driveway ramps. The ride is considerable stiffer but the car feels so much better when accelerating, braking, and cornering that I consider it a fair trade off. The car is much more fun to drive and looks much better too.

pizzamann95
08-17-2016, 09:28 PM
I just had the Eibach Pro-Kit springs installed on my 2012 FIAT 500 Sport. I think the Sport and Turbo suspension is very similar. The new springs lowered the rear end more that the front so the car is much more level front to back. I didn’t think to take measurements before and after but it looks like the car is about 1” lower overall and it still clears speed humps and driveway ramps. The ride is considerable stiffer but the car feels so much better when accelerating, braking, and cornering that I consider it a fair trade off. The car is much more fun to drive and looks much better too.

That's quite helpful. My biggest concern is getting in and out of my drive way everyday. When the builders built the house they didn't include cutouts for the drive way. I literally drive up and down the a curb (it's about a 45 degree angle, but about 4-5 inches tall) several times a day. At stock height it scrapes if I'm in any type of hurry.

Southernroadrunner
08-17-2016, 09:44 PM
That's quite helpful. My biggest concern is getting in and out of my drive way everyday. When the builders built the house they didn't include cutouts for the drive way. I literally drive up and down the a curb (it's about a 45 degree angle, but about 4-5 inches tall) several times a day. At stock height it scrapes if I'm in any type of hurry.

If it already scrapes at stock height I would be leary of any lower I would think.

Southernroadrunner
12-23-2016, 06:44 PM
On the lowering of an Abarth with an Eibach pro kit there is still a big wheel gap on the rear.The car does not sit level.I have seen threads on cutting rear springs and all kinds of theorys.I was wondering if anyone has tried using a different rear top and bottom insulators on the rear springs.If you have did you hear any noises or sloppiness.After visiting with Eibach since the spring rates are the same as the pro series springs,They said I could just order rear sportlines only or I could try something from energysuspensionparts.com.So I am interested if anyone has tried this last method instead of going with another set up.They run about $10 a set
https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/15.6103

SeaDawg
12-23-2016, 10:41 PM
There will be alot of suggestions but if you just want it level in the rear I see alot of guys cut part of the rear coils a little. Might not be the best way though

I also had the Eibach Pro lowering springs on my 2013 Abarth. Modest drop, On my 2012 Sport I had H&R Lowering Springs.

Trunkout
12-24-2016, 12:26 AM
I got Madness Aggressive II springs ONLY in the rear.
About as level as it gets.

pizzamann95
12-24-2016, 02:11 AM
I got Madness Aggressive II springs ONLY in the rear.
About as level as it gets.

currently I have H&R sport springs in the rear. The front end is about 1/8" higher than the rear. It's hardly noticeable.

abarth176
12-24-2016, 01:51 PM
I'm running the Vogtland springs. Very slight drop in the front but brings the rear down close to level. Also very comfortable ride unlike some of the other springs out there.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24825&stc=1

pizzamann95
12-24-2016, 09:43 PM
I'm running the Vogtland springs. Very slight drop in the front but brings the rear down close to level. Also very comfortable ride unlike some of the other springs out there.

Nice ride! I had the fronts installed which dropped it about 3/4". It scraped so I took the fronts out. They'll go back eventually.

Fiat500USA
12-25-2016, 02:15 AM
My Abarth with an Eibach Pro-Kit. Seems pretty level.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24827&stc=1

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24828&stc=1

Jwco
12-25-2016, 04:10 PM
I have a set of rear prokit springs ill sell for cheap which will level your car and keep stock ride comfort. Let me know if interested.

Southernroadrunner
12-25-2016, 08:46 PM
JWCO- Thanks for the offer I have a pro kit in now sir. Trying to decide what I'm going to do. Maybe NEUF or maybe a coilover set up or maybe just leave it alone. Our fiat mods can be kinda like owning a Harley. It just takes money

pizzamann95
12-25-2016, 09:00 PM
I'm leaving the suspension alone for now. It's time for another set of tires. That's going to get pricey.

Jwco
12-26-2016, 08:31 PM
JWCO- Thanks for the offer I have a pro kit in now sir. Trying to decide what I'm going to do. Maybe NEUF or maybe a coilover set up or maybe just leave it alone. Our fiat mods can be kinda like owning a Harley. It just takes money

i feel that. I have neuf with kyb rear struts and i may pull them out for coilovers soon. Im never happy with my suspension on this car.