PDA

View Full Version : Abarth Spider Racing Heritage Option Released

Fiat500USA
08-16-2016, 01:40 PM
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dQ3w1boQYV0/V2oWLt20YMI/AAAAAAAAuos/PIfyBtDYl0gHS2mmDqhB6ss7UkGvTR5VQCPcB/s1600/Fiat-124-Spider-Press-Phone%2B%252848%2529b.jpg

Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

All the details on the Fiat 124 Spider Abarth anti-glare matte black hood option. The Racing Heritage Black Center Stripe recalls the original Abarth Spider...

Read about it here... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/eKEN4vsqWsI/abarth-spider-racing-heritage-option.html)

Sals
08-16-2016, 02:22 PM
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dQ3w1boQYV0/V2oWLt20YMI/AAAAAAAAuos/PIfyBtDYl0gHS2mmDqhB6ss7UkGvTR5VQCPcB/s1600/Fiat-124-Spider-Press-Phone%2B%252848%2529b.jpg

Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

All the details on the Fiat 124 Spider Abarth anti-glare matte black hood option. The Racing Heritage Black Center Stripe recalls the original Abarth Spider...

Read about it here... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/eKEN4vsqWsI/abarth-spider-racing-heritage-option.html)
Thanks for the post I enjoyed reading

Amacento
08-16-2016, 02:32 PM
I want one in my life. I don't think Sombrita would be jealous... she understands me SpinningSmiley

pr0d1gy9
08-16-2016, 03:06 PM
one day

Fiat500USA
08-16-2016, 03:24 PM
I'm torn between getting one. I would want the heritage option, but the matte paint needs to be carefully maintained so that is something to think about. I would have to sell my Alfa and X1/9 to fit it into my garage because I don't think leaving it outside would be too kind to the paint.

Hmm... what to do...what to do...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/9KW-5hzbY-zCs3cKxRIefj631HsEiw24yL0eTk4ekwGaGMwN4WIsudI_CaWZ OnsoOKykRsXh1x8qyME=w1366-h768-rw-no

MrFiat
09-04-2016, 08:35 PM
I'm torn between getting one. I would want the heritage option, but the matte paint needs to be carefully maintained so that is something to think about. I would have to sell my Alfa and X1/9 to fit it into my garage because I don't think leaving it outside would be too kind to the paint.

Hmm... what to do...what to do...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/9KW-5hzbY-zCs3cKxRIefj631HsEiw24yL0eTk4ekwGaGMwN4WIsudI_CaWZ OnsoOKykRsXh1x8qyME=w1366-h768-rw-no

Keep all your cars and just build a bigger garage !! :cool:

steve6225
10-31-2016, 05:32 PM
I just ordered a 124 Abarth (it won't be in until next June!) I tried to order the Heritage Racing Stripe, but my dealer says that it is not available and there is no way to order it.

I have sent a couple of emails to Fiat customer support, but I haven't heard anything back.

It is really unacceptable for Fiat to put an option on their website, along with photos of the car with that option, and then tell the customer that it is not available.

I ordered a Abarth 124 in Pearl White, Manual, Brembos, and the very expensive package that includes leather seats and the Bose sound system. I really wanted the Heritage Racing Stripe as well, it really looks great.

Orders for 2017 closed in mid October, and they are not accepting 2018 orders yet... So I went ahead and ordered the car without the Stripe. The order was accepted by Fiat, but they haven't issued a VIN yet. (should be in the next week or so)

But... Wtf Fiat?

2012 500, (mine) and a 2014 500L (wife's)

Southernroadrunner
10-31-2016, 06:26 PM
I would imagine you could find someone to do the stripe and who knows maybe the dealer will get it done for you.

steve6225
10-31-2016, 07:37 PM
I want the factory stripe... I am not real comfortable with Joe Blows Auto Body spraying paint at my new car.

My point is that if it is on the website, it should be available.

Southernroadrunner
10-31-2016, 08:23 PM
Good point

Orion ZyGarian
10-31-2016, 09:54 PM
I just ordered a 124 Abarth (it won't be in until next June!) I tried to order the Heritage Racing Stripe, but my dealer says that it is not available and there is no way to order it.

I have sent a couple of emails to Fiat customer support, but I haven't heard anything back.

It is really unacceptable for Fiat to put an option on their website, along with photos of the car with that option, and then tell the customer that it is not available.

I ordered a Abarth 124 in Pearl White, Manual, Brembos, and the very expensive package that includes leather seats and the Bose sound system. I really wanted the Heritage Racing Stripe as well, it really looks great.

Orders for 2017 closed in mid October, and they are not accepting 2018 orders yet... So I went ahead and ordered the car without the Stripe. The order was accepted by Fiat, but they haven't issued a VIN yet. (should be in the next week or so)

But... Wtf Fiat?

2012 500, (mine) and a 2014 500L (wife's)
They really just severely underestimated how popular it would be. The Abarth and manual cars specifically. The stripe should be available, but according to the forum head, they dont have the proper paint yet and havent started painting them yet. I havent seen a single US car with it, and I've been keeping an eye out. Theyre probably not doing any more than whatever is already planned until it's all sorted out. I do think it's not cool that there's more pics of Abarths on their website as well as the dealership network websites with the stripe than without.

I doubt you'll get a VIN until the car is actually physically made and in the states. I made my order in August and never got anything but the same news (it wouldnt be ready until next May/June), so I ended up grabbing the only Abarth the dealership was getting all year. It wasnt even on the Fiat website inventory search until after I bought it, and removed a day later. Someone else was slated to buy it if I didnt that afternoon as well.

The manufacturer date on mine also says 07/2016, so they definitely dont sit for very long before they get shipped here, all things considered.

Fiat500USA
11-01-2016, 08:26 AM
I know they asked for input from the dealers on how many they should order have with the stripe. The dealers I talked to were a little hesitant about ordering the anti-glare package because it is not a cheap option and even feedback on the forum shows many are of the same opinion. I like the Racing Heritage option, so that's how I would get my car, but there are also other alternatives out there that may not be of the same quality, but look similar and cost less.

Abarth67
11-01-2016, 03:51 PM
You could always do a vinyl wrap for the strip like Auto Ricambi did on their 124 Spider Lusso.

Hard to see on the black but it looked great and would care easier than paint, plus, you can always remove it.
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-r4QgfT7/0/X3/i-r4QgfT7-X3.jpg

Klasse Act
11-01-2016, 07:40 PM
There are many clear spray on, walk away products to protect that matte paint. www.autogeek.net

steve6225
11-03-2016, 05:35 PM
They really just severely underestimated how popular it would be. The Abarth and manual cars specifically. The stripe should be available, but according to the forum head, they dont have the proper paint yet and havent started painting them yet. I havent seen a single US car with it, and I've been keeping an eye out. Theyre probably not doing any more than whatever is already planned until it's all sorted out. I do think it's not cool that there's more pics of Abarths on their website as well as the dealership network websites with the stripe than without.

I doubt you'll get a VIN until the car is actually physically made and in the states. I made my order in August and never got anything but the same news (it wouldnt be ready until next May/June), so I ended up grabbing the only Abarth the dealership was getting all year. It wasnt even on the Fiat website inventory search until after I bought it, and removed a day later. Someone else was slated to buy it if I didnt that afternoon as well.

The manufacturer date on mine also says 07/2016, so they definitely dont sit for very long before they get shipped here, all things considered.

Thanks for the info, especially about the VIN. The dealer told my that they normally issue a VIN about 3 weeks after the order is accepted, before they build the car. Maybe they use the VIN to track the car through the manufacturing process.

It also looks like both of our dealers told us the same thing about when we will get the car. May/June.

As far as not being able to get the right paint... Sounds a little fishy to me. Every Abarth used for the press drives have the stripe, in every Abarth review I have seen or read the car has the stripe, the Abarth photos on Fiat USA's website have the stripe, and Fiat USA's configurator includes the stripe as an option.

I think that it makes a big difference in how the car looks. This is the first and probably last time that I can afford to buy a car I don't need for just for fun... It's kinda important for me to get the car optioned the way I really want.

I am going to keep harassing Fiat... They probably won't be building the car for months, plenty of time for them to figure out how to actually build the car with the stripe.

Enjoy that Abarth!

Fiat500USA
11-03-2016, 05:45 PM
... The stripe should be available, but according to the forum head, they dont have the proper paint yet...
Just to clarify, I didn't say that.

steve6225
11-03-2016, 06:04 PM
I know they asked for input from the dealers on how many they should order have with the stripe. The dealers I talked to were a little hesitant about ordering the anti-glare package because it is not a cheap option and even feedback on the forum shows many are of the same opinion. I like the Racing Heritage option, so that's how I would get my car, but there are also other alternatives out there that may not be of the same quality, but look similar and cost less.

I would like the factory stripe, after I kick the bucket, maybe the car will be worth more when the kids sell it.

It is really really expensive and a little hard to swallow but the car will never look right to me without it.

Plus, I wanted the Bose and leather seats... You can only get them in a $4000 package... Even harder to swallow!

steve6225
11-03-2016, 07:56 PM
I understood that you were referring to the forum head, who probably got that information from someone at Fiat. (just guessing)

I wonder about Fiat's management. My Fiat studio went out of business, along with two others within an hour of me. I ordered the car from a Studio that is about an hour and a half from me, and I don't even know if they will still be in business long enough for me to get the car. (they didn't seem to have much business)

I think that Fiat created a lot of consumer confusion by calling everything "500" most people have no idea what the difference is between a 500, 500L, and 500X. I spend a lot of time explaining the difference between my 500 and the wife's 500L.

Fiat managed to get the 124's to dealers towards the End of the summer, a time when people are not typically looking for a convertible roadster. The dealers around here got nothing but grey 124's with automatic transmissions, with a few black and white ones thrown in. I have been to three dealers and I have never seen any other color, and I have only seen one with a standard transmission.

Then there is the "Fiata" thing... I don't believe that it's accurate, but on the other hand, Fiat could have done a little something to make the 124 truly distinctive to the uninformed press and public. For example, if they used the 1.7 alpha motor in the 124, (at least in the Abarth) I don't think that we would ever hear the word "Fiata"

OK, rant mode is off...

SleepyTiger
11-04-2016, 05:16 PM
I personally will save that $2000 for a real carbon fiber hood :)

Orion ZyGarian
11-07-2016, 01:35 AM
Just to clarify, I didn't say that.
Sorry,I thought that's where I read it from