PDA

View Full Version : When is the Abarth coming?

theoffice
08-14-2016, 03:11 PM
Can't wait for the Abarth to come out! Has anyone heard anything new about the cars arrival date. Fiat said Q3 but we are only one and a half months until Q4. Does anyone know if they are in the next boat load? Also, I wonder how many each dealer will get and how many Fiat plans to make.

woodyracing
08-14-2016, 03:42 PM
As of early last week, they should come into the country in September and start arriving at dealers either in late September or October.

theoffice
08-14-2016, 08:21 PM
I wonder how many matte stripe Abarths they plan on making compared to the regular ones, and how many Abarths will be made in the first place.

Sammy124
08-15-2016, 01:11 PM
I'm wondering if I can get the Sport Mode button added in my Lusso Automatic when they come out.

canesice
08-15-2016, 01:35 PM
I'm wondering if I can get the Sport Mode button added in my Lusso Automatic when they come out.

I have the sport button in my mazda 6, and it is really nice. I know folks like to complain that the mazda 6 is under powered, but its fine for me. The sport button does make it feel like a different car with the shift change points.
As comparison, The 124 spider is certainly quicker.

ameridan
08-15-2016, 01:46 PM
I'm hoping a vendor comes out with a kit to add sport mode to our non-Abarth models. A switch in the panel with Traction Control & TPMS switches would be even better, or pair with the Traction Control switch ;)

Orion ZyGarian
08-17-2016, 12:37 AM
I went down to a dealership this past Saturday to speak with them and see what was going on. The sales manager is very passionate about Fiat and his job, and it seems he has an "in" with the next step up the corporate ladder. They had 3 other specific orders placed that day, 1 of which was for himself. Mine will be placed tomorrow (down payment check is currently in the mail), then we wait and see how long it takes. I believe the wait time was quoted at 8-12 weeks, but so far none of the other dealerships within a few hundred miles have even got back to me outside of the initial follow up.

The sales manager at Fiat of Ft Myers found out Friday from the district/regional Fiat manager that the A124s are (initially at least) going to be order-only. You'll start to find one or two on the lot eventually, but they will apparently be ordered specifically by each dealership. I dont know if that is completely true, considering that the training brochure says that 30% of 124s sold are slated to be Abarths, but I have no reason to suspect at least initially that is the case.

Andree
08-17-2016, 01:28 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to find out they are order-only. The Abarth is a little more expensive, and has some options that should be chosen by a future owner, rather than a jumble sent to each dealer. Seating, for one, with the optional Recaros. There's a $1,195 option. Brembos are $1,495. Safety and Comfort another $1,495, with the Luxury package coming in at $3,995. And the Heritage stripe, $1,995. While I'm sure someone will have to have all the options, there's also the color to choose. Five colors. Four interiors.

One person may want all the race-inspired equipment, while the next person prefers the luxury components. And it's not an easy switch from one to the other. Many folks will choose no options at all for a lower price or to add on their own goodies over time. Three kinds of A124s, three kinds of buyers. Each area may have many more of one kind of buyer than the others. Let the dealer order the cars for people who have made a deposit, let the dealer choose if they want to order several or just a couple.

Orion ZyGarian
08-17-2016, 02:26 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to find out they are order-only. The Abarth is a little more expensive, and has some options that should be chosen by a future owner, rather than a jumble sent to each dealer. Seating, for one, with the optional Recaros. There's a $1,195 option. Brembos are $1,495. Safety and Comfort another $1,495, with the Luxury package coming in at $3,995. And the Heritage stripe, $1,995. While I'm sure someone will have to have all the options, there's also the color to choose. Five colors. Four interiors.

One person may want all the race-inspired equipment, while the next person prefers the luxury components. And it's not an easy switch from one to the other. Many folks will choose no options at all for a lower price or to add on their own goodies over time. Three kinds of A124s, three kinds of buyers. Each area may have many more of one kind of buyer than the others. Let the dealer order the cars for people who have made a deposit, let the dealer choose if they want to order several or just a couple.
I was thinking that as well. This is Fiat's flagship car in the USA, probably even the world (anything further up would be Alfa or a different brand). It shouldnt be that surprising, just because it's less than other brands' flagship cars.

I ordered the Brembos and Recaros. I want a "purists 124", whereas I fully expect most Abarth owners just want a really nice little convertible..here's the top of the line one...get the Safety/Convenience and Luxury packages...you have a car a bit smaller than a Z4/SLK/TT etc. and not as much power, but far less expensive and no shortage of features.

randY49
08-17-2016, 09:14 AM

I agree with this in principle, but when you have such a similar competitor in the MX-5 Club that is readily available on dealer lots, there is a risk for lost sales. I hope at least some Fiat studios order some for themselves (maybe this is me just hoping to get a discount on one when I'm ready to purchase :devilish:).

canesice
08-17-2016, 09:29 AM
Im not bought in to this whole ordering concept on the abarth 124..

Lets see:
1) car built in japan - 1 week?
2) Car put on boat, have to wait for a full boat - 4 weeks? 6 weeks?
3) Send to Italy - 3 weeks?
4) Unload
5) Tweak car - 1 week? 2 weeks?
6) Load back on boat for US. wait for full boat - 4 weeks?
7) send to US - 2 weeks? 3 weeks?
8) Unload at US, ship to dealer - 2 weeks?

This is easily a 3 month process. End to end.
However if you stage a bunch of cars in Italy, then ship. you still have steps 5-8. Which is still a 2 month process min, I'd guess.

It makes no sense that abarth is order only.

I say cars will show up, and be spec-ed by Fiat as the standard. Ordering just takes too long, and is too complicated.

BigDaddySRT
08-17-2016, 10:34 AM
Studios will order fully optioned 124 ABARTHs.

If you want a stripper, you will have to place a custom order.
A car coming from overseas will probably take 3 months from order to delivery.

Fiat500USA
08-17-2016, 10:38 AM
Our Abarth doesn't go to Italy. It gets the optional Racing Heritage package here (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2016/08/abarth-spider-racing-heritage-option.html).

Orion ZyGarian
08-17-2016, 01:22 PM
Studios will order fully optioned 124 ABARTHs.

If you want a stripper, you will have to place a custom order.
A car coming from overseas will probably take 3 months from order to delivery.

This is what I'm thinking. I'm guessing they'll have 1-2 on the lot available for demoing and moving, and outside of the ones they order themselves to sell, you'll have to place a custom order for one...at least for the first model year.

I wasnt expecting one to be ready before late October/November at any rate, so the time estimate they gave me seems to fit that.

Also, the Joe Dirt quote in your sig...didnt the Superbird he "stole" actually have a 440 in it? I'm not well versed on anything Mopar

Andree
08-17-2016, 04:06 PM
I was thinking that as well. This is Fiat's flagship car in the USA, probably even the world (anything further up would be Alfa or a different brand). It shouldnt be that surprising, just because it's less than other brands' flagship cars.

I ordered the Brembos and Recaros. I want a "purists 124", whereas I fully expect most Abarth owners just want a really nice little convertible..here's the top of the line one...get the Safety/Convenience and Luxury packages...you have a car a bit smaller than a Z4/SLK/TT etc. and not as much power, but far less expensive and no shortage of features.

You wouldn't pay for both the Safety and the Luxury, as the Luxury package includes all the Safety items.
---

Safety and Comfort Collection

Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror
The available auto-dimming exterior mirrors react to ambient light conditions by changing the tint of the mirror, reducing glare in bright conditions.
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
The available Blind Spot Monitoring System+ helps you make safer lane changes by alerting you when a vehicle enters your blind-spot zone. Sensors scan approximately one lane over on each side. When a sensor detects a vehicle in the blind spot zone, an icon lights up on the corresponding exterior mirror. Available Rear Cross Path Detection+ helps you back out of parking spaces when vehicles block your view. When moving in reverse, sensors scan for vehicles and/or objects crossing your path and the system alerts you with a lighted icon in the exterior mirror.

+ Always check visually for vehicles prior to changing lanes.

+ Always check visually before backing up.
Heated Exterior Mirrors
Available heated exterior mirrors stay clear of frost and fog.
ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System
The available ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System+ uses sound waves to detect nearby obstacles in and near the rear path of the vehicle to help you maneuver in tight spaces at parking speeds. Audiovisual indicators in the overhead display in the rear of the vehicle alert you to the proximity of most larger, stationary objects that might be outside your line of sight.

+ Always check entire surroundings visually before backing up.
Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
The available auto-dimming rearview mirror reacts to ambient light conditions by changing the tint of the mirror, reducing glare in bright conditions.
Security Alarm
The available security alarm+ sounds when it detects an unauthorized entry or an unauthorized attempt to activate the start/stop button.

+ The vehicle must be locked and the system activated for the alarm to sound.
Universal Garage Door Opener
The available universal garage door opener can be programmed to the frequency of your garage door so you don't need to carry a separate remote with you.

---

Luxury Collection with Sirius

9 Bose® Speakers including Subwoofer
An available nine-speaker Bose® Audio System, includes a subwoofer. These speakers deliver crisp, powerful sound so everyone in the FIAT® 124 Spider can enjoy your music selection.
Sport Leather Seats
Sport leather-trimmed seats add a luxurious touch to the interior of your FIAT® 124 Spider Elaborazione Abarth.
Adaptive Front Headlamps
The available adaptive headlamps use the steering angle and vehicle speed to adjust the headlamp position to maintain a wide field of vision.
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror
The available auto-dimming exterior mirrors react to ambient light conditions by changing the tint of the mirror, reducing glare in bright conditions.
Automatic Headlamp Leveling System
The available automatic headlamp leveling system automatically adjusts the headlamps so the beam is focused on the road ahead even if the car is tilted.
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
The available Blind Spot Monitoring System+ helps you make safer lane changes by alerting you when a vehicle enters your blind-spot zone. Sensors scan approximately one lane over on each side. When a sensor detects a vehicle in the blind spot zone, an icon lights up on the corresponding exterior mirror. Available Rear Cross Path Detection+ helps you back out of parking spaces when vehicles block your view. When moving in reverse, sensors scan for vehicles and/or objects crossing your path and the system alerts you with a lighted icon in the exterior mirror.

+ Always check visually for vehicles prior to changing lanes.

+ Always check visually before backing up.
LED Daytime Running Lamps
Available LED daytime running lamps are designed for use in bright conditions to increase the visibility of your vehicle to other drivers.
GPS Navigation
Available GPS Navigation system provides turn-by-turn navigation to direct you to your destination.
Headlamp Washer
The available headlamp washer clears rain and other fluids from your headlamps for optimum visibility.
Heated Exterior Mirrors
Available heated exterior mirrors stay clear of frost and fog.
LED Headlamps
LED headlamps illuminate the road ahead with a very low power draw.
ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System
The available ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System+ uses sound waves to detect nearby obstacles in and near the rear path of the vehicle to help you maneuver in tight spaces at parking speeds. Audiovisual indicators in the overhead display in the rear of the vehicle alert you to the proximity of most larger, stationary objects that might be outside your line of sight.

+ Always check entire surroundings visually before backing up.
Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
The available auto-dimming rearview mirror reacts to ambient light conditions by changing the tint of the mirror, reducing glare in bright conditions.
Security Alarm
The available security alarm+ sounds when it detects an unauthorized entry or an unauthorized attempt to activate the start/stop button.

+ The vehicle must be locked and the system activated for the alarm to sound.
SiriusXM® Sat Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio Subscription
Available SiriusXM® Satellite Radio+ provides more than 150 channels of commercial-free music, sports, news, talk, comedy, entertainment, and a collection of Spanish-language programming.

+ SiriusXM services require subscriptions, sold separately after the 12-month trial included with the new vehicle purchase. If you decide to continue your service at the end of your trial subscription, the plan you choose will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349 to cancel. Trial service is not transferrable or refundable. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change. Our satellite service is available only to those at least 18 and older in the 48 contiguous USA and D.C. Our Internet radio service is available throughout our satellite service area and in AK and HI with limited coverage.
1-Year SiriusXM Radio Service
For More Info, Call 800-643-2112
Universal Garage Door Opener
The available universal garage door opener can be programmed to the frequency of your garage door so you don't need to carry a separate remote with you.

---

All the people that were willing to pay twice for the same equipment will now have to send that $1,495 to me. Thanks in advance.

What I don't get is that what is shown on the Fiat site is that the Recaros either look exactly like the stock seats in shape, or they don't have the image for them to include in the build it section. They all look pointy with side "wings" on the seat and back area for support. Clicking on the Recaro makes the center area the Alcantara deep black, but doesn't change the seat shape.

Orion ZyGarian
08-17-2016, 06:11 PM
You wouldn't pay for both the Safety and the Luxury, as the Luxury package includes all the Safety items.

All the people that were willing to pay twice for the same equipment will now have to send that $1,495 to me. Thanks in advance.

What I don't get is that what is shown on the Fiat site is that the Recaros either look exactly like the stock seats in shape, or they don't have the image for them to include in the build it section. They all look pointy with side "wings" on the seat and back area for support. Clicking on the Recaro makes the center area the Alcantara deep black, but doesn't change the seat shape.

I honestly didnt even realize they overlapped. I thought the Safety package had a few things that the Luxury package didnt, but none of it outside of the LED headlights interested me anyways. Doesnt look like the Visibility Group is going to make it to the first model year. As someone who still daily drives a first gen Miata with manual everything, it's already full of features I dont need...Abarths and Lussos come standard with a backup camera? Really? Why?

As for the Recaros, I'm rolling the dice on those to see what they'll actually be and look like.

Andree
08-17-2016, 06:26 PM
I honestly didnt even realize they overlapped. I thought the Safety package had a few things that the Luxury package didnt, but none of it outside of the LED headlights interested me anyways. Doesnt look like the Visibility Group is going to make it to the first model year. As someone who still daily drives a first gen Miata with manual everything, it's already full of features I dont need...Abarths and Lussos come standard with a backup camera? Really? Why?

As for the Recaros, I'm rolling the dice on those to see what they'll actually be and look like.

What is the Visibility Group? I hope it's a drone that flies over the Abarth, illuminating it with twinkly LEDs, to make the 124 more visible and cool looking at night.

Bonus points if there is a secondary drone that dive bombs tailgaters, delivering a splat of tartar sauce that will look like seagull poop.

Orion ZyGarian
08-17-2016, 06:34 PM
What is the Visibility Group? I hope it's a drone that flies over the Abarth, illuminating it with twinkly LEDs, to make the 124 more visible and cool looking at night.

Bonus points if there is a secondary drone that dive bombs tailgaters, delivering a splat of tartar sauce that will look like seagull poop.
The Visibility Group was hinted at in the very back of the brochure they have online (local dealer didnt have ANY brochures for me to bring home). It has the auto adjusting, automatic, LED, DRL, etc. headlight options from the Luxury package, but as a standalone option. A very cool option, but nothing that includes attack drones to follow you. I think that is actually a subscription service.

http://www.fiatusa.com/en/download-brochure/ page 41

In any case, I have also just heard from the dealerships that the order has been placed, so I'm expecting to get a confirmation email/phone call from Fiat within the next week or so

randY49
08-18-2016, 09:23 AM
Abarths and Lussos come standard with a backup camera? Really? Why?
Because our government says so; all cars have to have one standard by 2018. Also, the whole purpose it to be able to see directly behind the car. That area may be incredibly small in a Fiata, but there is still a possibility something can be directly behind the vehicle that you can't see.

Orion ZyGarian
08-18-2016, 11:08 AM
Because our government says so; all cars have to have one standard by 2018. Also, the whole purpose it to be able to see directly behind the car. That area may be incredibly small in a Fiata, but there is still a possibility something can be directly behind the vehicle that you can't see.

Did not know about this. Does that mean the 2018 Classicas will have them?

Andree
08-18-2016, 03:03 PM
The Visibility Group was hinted at in the very back of the brochure they have online (local dealer didnt have ANY brochures for me to bring home). It has the auto adjusting, automatic, LED, DRL, etc. headlight options from the Luxury package, but as a standalone option. A very cool option, but nothing that includes attack drones to follow you. I think that is actually a subscription service.

http://www.fiatusa.com/en/download-brochure/ page 41

In any case, I have also just heard from the dealerships that the order has been placed, so I'm expecting to get a confirmation email/phone call from Fiat within the next week or so

How weird they are in the brochure, the Premium and Luxury collections are identical.

Dear Fiat: Please label identical things as identical things and not give them different names.

I like the red piping shown on the Recaro seats.

What exterior color did you choose and are you getting the Heritage Stripe?

Orion ZyGarian
08-18-2016, 03:17 PM
How weird they are in the brochure, the Premium and Luxury collections are identical.

Dear Fiat: Please label identical things as identical things and not give them different names.

I like the red piping shown on the Recaro seats.

What exterior color did you choose and are you getting the Heritage Stripe?

The Luxury package for the Abarth uses the "sport leather seats" which are Abarth exclusive (as are the Recaros). That's just what the configurator says anyways.

I chose red. My NA Miata is red, and since I've been driving it for over 10 years now, it's become a part of my gimmick/image/personality. Walking out to any other color would be strange.

Couldnt justify the stripe. If I liked it that much, I'd get a wrap or something for far less and probably not have to wait anywhere near as long for it to be finished as well.

Andree
08-18-2016, 03:50 PM
The Luxury package for the Abarth uses the "sport leather seats" which are Abarth exclusive (as are the Recaros). That's just what the configurator says anyways.

I chose red. My NA Miata is red, and since I've been driving it for over 10 years now, it's become a part of my gimmick/image/personality. Walking out to any other color would be strange.

Couldnt justify the stripe. If I liked it that much, I'd get a wrap or something for far less and probably not have to wait anywhere near as long for it to be finished as well.

Oh, right!

I like the glossy colors best (in general, for my own personal preferences and vehicles), the red and the white. The red will look great with the black w/red piping Recaros. Plus the Abarth front has the extra black around the fog lights. And the gunmetal finish for the wheels, windshield surround, and head rest area.

Configurator doesn't want to let me put in the Luxury collection AND the Recaro seats. Luxury collection includes the non-Recaro leather. Did you order both the Luxury and the Recaro?

Orion ZyGarian
08-18-2016, 04:45 PM
Oh, right!

I like the glossy colors best (in general, for my own personal preferences and vehicles), the red and the white. The red will look great with the black w/red piping Recaros. Plus the Abarth front has the extra black around the fog lights. And the gunmetal finish for the wheels, windshield surround, and head rest area.

Configurator doesn't want to let me put in the Luxury collection AND the Recaro seats. Luxury collection includes the non-Recaro leather. Did you order both the Luxury and the Recaro?

Nope, Luxury package is unavailable with Recaros. As of right now, you cant get the super cool LED headlights AND the Recaros. Also as of right now (from what I was told), the online configurator is accurate.

I'll be leasing it, so I suspect that by the time the lease is up, they should (hopefully) have the Visibility Group available, and I'll either lease again or purchase. That's far too far off to say for sure right now.

unknownsir
08-19-2016, 12:39 PM

no offense meant, but you should call bull**** on this and ask them to prove to you that there is actually an order placed. I was just in the sales managers office this morning and unless your dealer's car ordering screen looks different that the one i looked at this morning, i saw in black and white that they, and any 124, can not be ordered at this time.

Orion ZyGarian
08-19-2016, 02:36 PM
no offense meant, but you should call bull**** on this and ask them to prove to you that there is actually an order placed. I was just in the sales managers office this morning and unless your dealer's car ordering screen looks different that the one i looked at this morning, i saw in black and white that they, and any 124, can not be ordered at this time.

I thought it sounded too good to be true too, considering I havent even heard back from any other dealership within 100 miles. This has been a red flag, but the sales manager was a very busy guy working his butt off trying to help as many people as he could, and I havent seen many swindlers work/try this hard. He supposedly has a very close relationship with the district/regional Fiat manager one step up, and a few employees that work there had said they had ordered one for themselves as well, including himself.

I was told to expect a call/email from Fiat within a week or so confirming my order. They showed me the printout of the options, and that I was 4th in line. I dont have anything else tangible to confirm this, but I also dont suspect I've been lied to. I might even return this weekend to test drive one they have on the lot, so I may look into it from there.

I was also given the personal cell phone numbers of the incredibly helpful saleslady helping me out, as well as the sales manager himself, right from day one and right when I walked in, before I even sat down.

cfig21
08-19-2016, 04:06 PM
I thought it sounded too good to be true too, considering I havent even heard back from any other dealership within 100 miles. This has been a red flag, but the sales manager was a very busy guy working his butt off trying to help as many people as he could, and I havent seen many swindlers work/try this hard. He supposedly has a very close relationship with the district/regional Fiat manager one step up, and a few employees that work there had said they had ordered one for themselves as well, including himself.

I was told to expect a call/email from Fiat within a week or so confirming my order. They showed me the printout of the options, and that I was 4th in line. I dont have anything else tangible to confirm this, but I also dont suspect I've been lied to. I might even return this weekend to test drive one they have on the lot, so I may look into it from there.

I was also given the personal cell phone numbers of the incredibly helpful saleslady helping me out, as well as the sales manager himself, right from day one and right when I walked in, before I even sat down.

What dealership is this btw?

TheDan
08-19-2016, 05:17 PM
I was told by the sales lady I know at Fiat of Austin that they won't be able to take orders until sometime next year. I asked her because I want to specify my options instead of just taking whatever they have. She knows I would have given her a deposit right then if I could have ordered specially what I wanted. All the 124s they have gotten in far have been automatics :disgust:

Yes I know it's going to cost more if I order it, but I want it damnit! gr_grin

Orion ZyGarian
08-19-2016, 06:15 PM
What dealership is this btw?

Fiat of Ft Myers. I suspect if there's any other Fiat dealership in Florida that could do this as well, it would be Rick Case. I was told to expect internet pricing as well, which I'm happy with

cfig21
08-29-2016, 02:41 PM
I found this pic on Instagram so hopefully that means we'll be seeing them soon. The english was translated from japanese by the IG app and also I blurred the names just so people dont spam the person's page.
Also I noticed the 1st and 4th ones are Abarths if you zoom in.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/ricanballer_21/B4158648-3390-426D-81CF-20C00CA900CC.jpeg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/ricanballer_21/media/B4158648-3390-426D-81CF-20C00CA900CC.jpeg.html)

Andree
08-29-2016, 03:41 PM
Cool. Looks like he's(?) a photographer from the icon, and that IS a neat shot, looking all black and white with just a bit of red in the middle. Of course, we don't know where those cars are heading. If he could check where the steering wheel is, or maybe the VIN or...

...someone needs to spam the person's page and ask him to note the colors, trims, options, and transmissions, the next time he can't sleep and goes for a walk on the pier. I mean, he's RIGHT THERE. hahahahaha

I didn't realize folks can just go walking amongst the new cars. He's a photographer though, so that could make a difference. He's definitely got the talent to be a photographer, if he isn't one now!

cfig21
08-29-2016, 03:50 PM
I'll reach out to him and see if he know's english or if someone who can speak japanese wants to message him i'll give them the user name or you can search for one of the hashtags on the photo to find it.

Andree
08-29-2016, 04:09 PM
I'll reach out to him and see if he know's english or if someone who can speak japanese wants to message him i'll give them the user name or you can search for one of the hashtags on the photo to find it.

I don't use Instagram, just glad to see the photo. No need to ask the fellow, I was joking. It is nice to see the Abarth ready to go to SOMEWHERE!

ameridan
08-29-2016, 05:38 PM
I read somewhere that all the Abarth 124s for the North America market head to Detroit if they're getting the black "Heritage stripes" added, then on to the dealers.

Lil' Jon
08-30-2016, 06:03 PM
The owner of the studio that I have my Abarth configuration ordered through just let me know the first shipment is scheduled to arrive at port September 7th. Fingers crossed one (or enough) of them is my setup! I'll be really interested to see what data about option/color popularity becomes available down the road.

cfig21
08-30-2016, 09:02 PM
I hope my dealer gets silver w/o stripe and tech package or someone closer than the 10 hrs I plan to drive gets it in.

Robert Nixon
08-31-2016, 10:18 AM
Hopefully the ship isn't in the middle of the hurricanes near Hawaii!jestera

Jtpc2007
09-02-2016, 08:44 PM
Just test drove a manual classica. Asked the dealer about the Abarth 124 and they said they can't place orders as of yet. The salesman even mentioned that there may be limited run of 124 abarths for the moment? Don't know if he is confusing it with the first editions or not.
Either way, they can't order me one even if I wanted. They acted like they get what they get for now. :/
???

Orion ZyGarian
09-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Just test drove a manual classica. Asked the dealer about the Abarth 124 and they said they can't place orders as of yet. The salesman even mentioned that there may be limited run of 124 abarths for the moment? Don't know if he is confusing it with the first editions or not.
Either way, they can't order me one even if I wanted. They acted like they get what they get for now. :/
???

That's what the other dealers I have spoken with have said as well, from what little info they have given me. I do have an A124 on order with one though, and they showed some paperwork showing me at #4 in line. Not 100% sure of how truthful it all is, but I have no other reason to think they are lying to me, and I feel good about it--aside from the impatience/excitement of waiting for it to show up.

ManOfStealth
09-03-2016, 12:54 AM
This is a salesman ploy to sell you a car on their lot right then. They give you doubt about ever getting the car you want in order for you to buy one off the lot. Also the term "limited" puts anxiety at full tilt. Just be patient and there will be more A124's out there than you can imagine, with discounts.

???

Fiat500USA
09-03-2016, 01:16 AM
The first shipment of production 124 Spider Abarths (http://www.fiat500usa.com/2016/09/fiat-sales-for-august-2016.html) is about to hit the east coast shore within the coming week. Expect to see cars later this month. From what I understand the dealer gets what he is sent right now.

TheDan
09-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Just be patient and there will be more A124's out there than you can imagine, with discounts.Yep. I'm really looking forward to buying one in 2018 sillylol