PDA

View Full Version : FIAT 124 Spiders Selling Like Crazy!

theoffice
07-23-2016, 09:19 PM
These Fiat 124 Spiders are selling really well initially. FIAT of Austin has been doing a great job. They got 11 in on Tues 7/19 this week, and only had 4 left yesterday 7/23. That means that they have sold 7 Spiders in half a week!! Sure, I a lot of these cars were pre sold, but still, I think they are doing a great job selling these Spiders. And, they have a lot more on the way.

Southernroadrunner
07-23-2016, 09:47 PM
It would be interesting to see how many have been sold so far and how many people are gonna commit to purchase when the manual shift cars get released

Fiat500USA
07-23-2016, 11:11 PM
I heard they had 29,000 hand raisers early on, so there is a good amount of interest. I think we'll hear even more good news as the full range starts to come in and be available.

Andree
07-23-2016, 11:20 PM
It would be interesting to see how many have been sold so far and how many people are gonna commit to purchase when the manual shift cars get released

Er, there are manual shift cars available. Scottsdale says it has seven Classicas in sticks. Plus two auto Lussos.

https://www.fiatusaofscottsdale.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-10239c6f0a0e0ae74e4d799bd9cda5f7.htm

Southernroadrunner
07-23-2016, 11:45 PM
Er, there are manual shift cars available. Scottsdale says it has seven Classicas in sticks. Plus two auto Lussos.

https://www.fiatusaofscottsdale.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-10239c6f0a0e0ae74e4d799bd9cda5f7.htm
That's great just seemed like all the posts I've seen is people mentioning something like they wish sticks were available. So really didn't know thanks

rustbucket
07-24-2016, 12:21 AM
My crystal ball isn't any better than anyone else's but it could be that the 124 Spider is just what Fiat needs- an affordable halo car that will draw people to the studios.

Simmonz
07-24-2016, 03:37 AM
Sticks are not available everywhere. The two biggest dealers in the Dallas area for sure do not have sticks in their first shipments. (Mckinney and Hurst)

ItzBitz
07-24-2016, 07:34 AM
I only went to test drive the Spider...
I was first customer to purchase one from McKinney studio.

Andree
07-24-2016, 02:50 PM

Oooh! Is that an Argento Lusso? Need more pictures! It looks like a rocket ship! Actual pictures showing the colors really do make a difference.

Famous last words "I only went to test drive the Spider"

When the Fiat fits, you take it home. Congratulations!

Andree
07-24-2016, 02:53 PM
That's great just seemed like all the posts I've seen is people mentioning something like they wish sticks were available. So really didn't know thanks

And then looking down at Simmonz post, it appears they aren't available everywhere. I didn't know they weren't. I get the emails and ads from Scottsdale, and that's where I service. So that's the first place I check these days for cars to browse.

Andree
07-24-2016, 03:05 PM
Sticks are not available everywhere. The two biggest dealers in the Dallas area for sure do not have sticks in their first shipments. (Mckinney and Hurst)

I wonder why so many came to Scottsdale? If they ordered them that way, or if they were lucky/unlucky (depends on what your preference in the Classica is). I don't think I'd do a manual in a Metro area, but by golly, there are a lot of open roads in Arizona too, ready to be enjoyed with a stick.

Well, it looks like Arizona is the stick state. hahaha There are several Fiat dealers in Arizona, and three others also have Classica sticks:
http://www.autonationfiatnorthphoenix.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-7392722f0a0d04fe730540d23184897a.htm
and
http://www.fiatavondale.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-9dd75e450a0e08b97857e1a4b32b48db.htm
and
http://www.fiatusaoftempe.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-e099ecad0a0e0ae75cec617fd3371c32.htm

So folks looking for Classica sticks in the surrounding states, if you can't find them at home, Arizona has 'em.

Andree
07-24-2016, 03:36 PM
My crystal ball isn't any better than anyone else's but it could be that the 124 Spider is just what Fiat needs- an affordable halo car that will draw people to the studios.

Having a little something for everyone should do the trick, and I think Fiat now DOES have something for everyone. If I was shopping right now, I don't know what I'd choose, the 500 or the 500L. I love my little 500, but I also love the back doors to make the back seat area more useful...not that I'd ever HAVE back seat passengers.

Thing is, with the whole line, they're all fairly close in price. With fewer options, there are some lower prices, with more options, the prices go up as usual. Each model has multiple trim levels, so there's an "affordable" trim in each model. I like that.

And as time goes on, leased cars and used cars become available for sale, and even more affordable. Yeah, it will be awhile before we'll be seeing the 500X and 124 as previously owned, but what an exciting place to be, on a Fiat dealership lot, with so many different cars to choose from.

I wish my first car had been a Fiat 500. And I hope many young people have the opportunity to have a Fiat as their first car.

ItzBitz
07-24-2016, 05:32 PM
Yes you nailed the color it is Grigio Argento. It has the black leather and premium collection. The LED headlights with the adaptive feature are awesome. The 9 speaker Bose is outstanding with the top up or down. I love the extra help of the blind spot and cross path detection. I have not taken any other photos yet but will soon. As you stated when it fits, you take it home.

I traded my 2012 Cabrio for it.

Simmonz
07-24-2016, 08:23 PM
Yes you nailed the color it is Grigio Argento. It has the black leather and premium collection. The LED headlights with the adaptive feature are awesome. The 9 speaker Bose is outstanding with the top up or down. I love the extra help of the blind spot and cross path detection. I have not taken any other photos yet but will soon. As you stated when it fits, you take it home.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22745&stc=1

You bought that At fiat of Mckinney!! Nice to see that someone around here has purchased one. How are you liking it so far?

Andree
07-24-2016, 08:54 PM

Is that your Espresso Lounge 500C in the background? I can see it has the avorio accent, did it also have the marrone leather? Got to love the espresso/ivory interior.

So you got all the goodies too on your 124? So sweet! You'll have to tell us how those adaptive headlights work in real life. And as much as I love my Lounge and it's stereo, I bet those headrest speakers are great.

Tell me (us), does the silver windshield trim on the Lusso match the Argento paint? Wondered if they were an exact match, or just very close. How about a pic where the windshield and body paint meet?

Simmonz
07-24-2016, 08:59 PM
Is that your Espresso Lounge 500C in the background? I can see it has the avorio accent, did it also have the marrone leather? Got to love the espresso/ivory interior.

So you got all the goodies too on your 124? So sweet! You'll have to tell us how those adaptive headlights work in real life. And as much as I love my Lounge and it's stereo, I bet those headrest speakers are great.

Tell me (us), does the silver windshield trim on the Lusso match the Argento paint? Wondered if they were an exact match, or just very close. How about a pic where the windshield and body paint meet?

From what Ive seen they are pretty different. The Argento is metallic flake and the Silver trim is more of a straight flat silver.

Andree
07-24-2016, 09:13 PM
From what Ive seen they are pretty different. The Argento is metallic flake and the Silver trim is more of a straight flat silver.

This is why we need close ups!

ManOfStealth
07-24-2016, 10:34 PM
Mckinney also has N0. 54 Prima (blue/tan) for sell and they are discounting it $2K+ and with rebates of up to $1500, you could get $3500 off the sticker. I just drove by there tonight and they do have a good selection of auto 124's.

Randall

aelfwyne
07-25-2016, 03:12 AM
Nah, this would be something for everybody:

http://www.fiat.com.br/carros.html

ItzBitz
07-25-2016, 07:29 AM
You bought that At fiat of Mckinney!! Nice to see that someone around here has purchased one. How are you liking it so far?

We are absolutely loving it! My only challenge is learning to gracefully get in and out of a sports car! Like the car it replaced, we are often asked about the car from other drivers at stop lights :) . Don't test drive one or you may end up like me owning one.

ItzBitz
07-25-2016, 07:33 AM
Mckinney also has N0. 54 Prima (blue/tan) for sell and they are discounting it $2K+ and with rebates of up to $1500, you could get $3500 off the sticker. I just drove by there tonight and they do have a good selection of auto 124's.

Randall

The NO. 54 was sold and picked up on Saturday 7/23 so if you did not get to see it before then, you are going to have to look at other studios. I thought it was a pretty color but I really think I might have tired of blue and feel Grigio Argento will continue to look sharp for a long time.

ItzBitz
07-25-2016, 07:38 AM

Yes that was my Espresso Lounge 500C in the background and yes it did have the marrone leather. The headlights are well worth the investment and work perfectly. It is fun to watch them readjust after completing a hard turn to be directed straight ahead again. The trim and body color are not exactly the same but it is very close. The contrast is more evident on other colors.

Simmonz
07-25-2016, 10:30 AM
The NO. 54 was sold and picked up on Saturday 7/23 so if you did not get to see it before then, you are going to have to look at other studios. I thought it was a pretty color but I really think I might have tired of blue and feel Grigio Argento will continue to look sharp for a long time.

As of Saturday Holt fiat of hurst still had #9

eurodave164
07-25-2016, 01:04 PM
Fiat outsold it's first batch of 124's in Germany........dealers are demanding more stock.....crazy stuff indeed.

It's nice to see Fiat reconnect with many buyers, the 124 is bringing some of that magic back.

Andree
07-25-2016, 01:06 PM
Nah, this would be something for everybody:

http://www.fiat.com.br/carros.html

(begins chanting) STRADA! STRADA! STRADA! Oooh, and a matching wagon, Weekend.

Where's the Panda Cross?

Dig the Doblo! All upright and window-filled. Perky!

Fiorina, the front is a truck, and it's morphing in the back!

Aelfwyne, do you think we'll ever get the full Fiat line, even if some of the vehicles are rebadged as Ram trucks? It would be so nice to have that selection.

FSpydie
07-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Fiat outsold it's first batch of 124's in Germany........dealers are demanding more stock.....crazy stuff indeed.

It's nice to see Fiat reconnect with many buyers, the 124 is bringing some of that magic back.

Cool, indeed. Let's hurry up with a lot more manuals for the U.S.!

Andree
07-25-2016, 01:30 PM
Yes that was my Espresso Lounge 500C in the background and yes it did have the marrone leather. The headlights are well worth the investment and work perfectly. It is fun to watch them readjust after completing a hard turn to be directed straight ahead again. The trim and body color are not exactly the same but it is very close. The contrast is more evident on other colors.

I would LOVE those headlights for the curvy roads. Are they "instantaneous", so they turn with the steering wheel? Do they make any sound when they move? It's all new to me! I know nothing about them!

Definitely a cool car!

How has the response been from the public? Friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, etc? And the general public?

Andree
07-25-2016, 01:38 PM

FCA does well in Europe:

"The brand remained the undisputed leader in the European A segment with the Panda and 500 holding a combined share of nearly 29.0%. The 500 was overall leader, with more than 19,000 units sold, followed by the Panda, with over 17,200 vehicles sold (+16.25%). The 500L continued as leader in the Small MPV segment with a 29.8% share and over 9,500 units sold. The 500X - solidly positioned among the top four in its segment - posted another strong monthly increase with sales up 45.7% to more than 11,200 vehicles. The new Fiat Tipo also continued to gain momentum, ranking second in its segment in Italy in June and steadily climbing the European rankings with a total of more than 5,200 units sold for the month. The all-new 124 Spider had a successful debut, closing the month among the top five in its segment."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/june-2016-fiat-chrysler-automobiles-sales-in-europe-586915611.html

Southernroadrunner
07-25-2016, 08:49 PM
This may not have much to do with this but where do the numbers with the 500E fall in over in Europe vs US

Andree
07-26-2016, 02:55 PM

Here's a link for everyone, via Google Translate, on the sold out and waiting lists in Germany:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clubalfa.it%2F15225-fiat-124-spider-vendite-record-in-germania-sold-out-e-liste-dattesa-di-6-mesi.html&edit-text=

Translated quote:
"In Germany, in fact, the new Fiat 124 Spider, the first phase of sales, totaled record numbers with all the copies available for 2016 already sold out and wait times exceeding six months for customers interested in buying a new 124 Spider. Fiat did not disclose the official sales numbers of its Fiat 124 Spider in Germany but the 380 dealers of the brand spread on German territory have already sold all available specimens and are forced to open long waiting lists in order to meet market demand ."

Sammy124
07-26-2016, 03:50 PM
mckinney also has n0. 54 prima (blue/tan) for sell and they are discounting it $2k+ and with rebates of up to $1500, you could get $3500 off the sticker. I just drove by there tonight and they do have a good selection of auto 124's.

Randall

what?

Sammy124
07-26-2016, 06:15 PM
I heard they had 29,000 hand raisers early on, so there is a good amount of interest. I think we'll hear even more good news as the full range starts to come in and be available.

You guys probably already know this but someone at FCA has their head firmly and deeply implanted. There's no reason why the Lussos only come with the Slushbox and the only sticks are Classicas whatsoever. My truck got stolen and I needed a car plus I wanted to be the first on the block / in the city with the latest greatest toy. I wanted a Lusso with the Premium Collection so ended up with the auto. It is a pretty decent tranny and at 55 I might tire of clutching all the time and my wife can drive a stick but prefers an auto so we got an auto. She took it today to go to San Diego to pick up her friend at the airport and I have to drive the 2016 Lexus ES 350 UL for a couple of days. Life is rough sometimes.

Amacento
07-26-2016, 06:46 PM
ABARTH (500 & 124) will still be the "Halo" brand. I don't want to be "the glass half empty" guy in the conversation, but how well the F124, A124 and A500 continue selling is what's really important. Initial sales for these kinds of cars are usually the enthusiasts.

All that stated, those three models are important (as is the F500).

Andree
07-26-2016, 08:36 PM
You guys probably already know this but someone at FCA has their head firmly and deeply implanted. There's no reason why the Lussos only come with the Slushbox and the only sticks are Classicas whatsoever. My truck got stolen and I needed a car plus I wanted to be the first on the block / in the city with the latest greatest toy. I wanted a Lusso with the Premium Collection so ended up with the auto. It is a pretty decent tranny and at 55 I might tire of clutching all the time and my wife can drive a stick but prefers an auto so we got an auto. She took it today to go to San Diego to pick up her friend at the airport and I have to drive the 2016 Lexus ES 350 UL for a couple of days. Life is rough sometimes.

They're out there. I am the Chief Car Looker Upperer, and I know this as a fact.

Gorgeous white Lusso, MANUAL, mega-super-woohoo-package with the Bose headrest speakers

FIAT SPIDER LUSSO
Exterior Color:
Bianco Gelato White Exterior Paint
Interior Color:
Nero Black Interior Color
Interior:
Leather Trimmed Seats
Engine:
1.4-Liter I4 MultiAir® Turbo Engine
Transmission:
6-Speed Manual RWD Transmission

Premium Collection
$ 3,795
9 Bose® Speakers including Subwoofer
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System
GPS Navigation
LED Headlamps
Adaptive Front Headlamps
Automatic Headlamp Leveling System
Headlamp Washer
LED Daytime Running Lamps
Heated Exterior Mirrors
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror
Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
Universal Garage Door Opener
SiriusXM® Sat Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio
Subscription
Security Alarm

Oh yeah!

Kentucky has it:
http://www.fiatusaofflorence.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-1225a6060a0e0ae7323233514767b9d5.htm

And you lucky New Yorkers, it's sibling is available for you:
http://www.fiatusaoflarchmont.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-Larchmont-NY-e9c7ad630a0e0ae815e862d83456fdf4.htm

Andree
07-26-2016, 09:00 PM
This may not have much to do with this but where do the numbers with the 500E fall in over in Europe vs US

Unless I dozed off, I don't believe the 500e is available in Europe...yet.

Older article with six 500e vehicles being used in a car sharing service in Italy:
http://insideevs.com/fiat-500e-arrives-home-in-europe/

Another very old article saying they won't be selling in Europe:
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/28/fiat-wont-sell-electric-powered-500-in-europe/

And then a maybe:
https://chargedevs.com/features/a-reluctant-gem-the-fiat-500e-ev/

"hinted that the 500e would be marketed to the masses, and that it could be expanded to sell in different markets. Autoblog reported in April that FIAT may branch the 500e out to Europe, Asia, and other parts of North America, although only after at least a year of exclusive sales in California. Jiyan Cadiz, a product communications manager for Chrysler Group, also told Charged that if the 500e expanded sales in the US, it would start in the other ZEV states, which are New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Oregon, New Mexico, Maryland, Arizona, and the District of Columbia."

They do have other options in Europe, like the diesel and the TwinAir, and a stop/start system to improve mpg and reduce pollution.

There's also hybrid technology that could be used in the Fiats. Plus battery improvements come in breakthroughs, and I'd expect more electrics and hybrids with as better batteries are developed.

If they are selling the 500e in Europe or anywhere other than the few US states, I'd love to know about it!

FSpydie
07-26-2016, 11:13 PM
They're out there. I am the Chief Car Looker Upperer, and I know this as a fact.

Gorgeous white Lusso, MANUAL, mega-super-woohoo-package with the Bose headrest speakers

FIAT SPIDER LUSSO
Exterior Color:
Interior Color:
Interior:
Leather Trimmed Seats
Engine:
Transmission:

Premium Collection
$ 3,795
9 Bose® Speakers including Subwoofer
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System
GPS Navigation
LED Headlamps
Adaptive Front Headlamps
Automatic Headlamp Leveling System
Headlamp Washer
LED Daytime Running Lamps
Heated Exterior Mirrors
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror
Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
Universal Garage Door Opener
SiriusXM® Sat Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio
Subscription
Security Alarm

Oh yeah!

Kentucky has it:
http://www.fiatusaofflorence.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-1225a6060a0e0ae7323233514767b9d5.htm

And you lucky New Yorkers, it's sibling is available for you:
http://www.fiatusaoflarchmont.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-Larchmont-NY-e9c7ad630a0e0ae815e862d83456fdf4.htm

Thanks for posting that info, Andree. You can verify by looking at the interior photos the Fiat of Florence 124 is indeed a manual. Cars.com has a number of manuals listed but when you pull up the interior photos, you can tell they're autos, not sticks. It would be nice if the dealers could at least get the car descriptions correct for a major item. I can understand why a large number of the Spiders would be autos but I'm surprised there are so few manuals in the first shipment for a car such as this. This isn't a Buick Regal.

Andree
07-26-2016, 11:44 PM
Thanks for posting that info, Andree. You can verify by looking at the interior photos the Fiat of Florence 124 is indeed a manual. Cars.com has a number of manuals listed but when you pull up the interior photos, you can tell they're autos, not sticks. It would be nice if the dealers could at least get the car descriptions correct for a major item. I can understand why a large number of the Spiders would be autos but I'm surprised there are so few manuals in the first shipment for a car such as this. This isn't a Buick Regal.

The copy/paste is from the Window Sticker. I always pull up the window sticker to verify, as there are oodles of mistakes on various sites, including Fiat dealers. If the window sticker doesn't come up, that generally means the car is sold or unavailable. There are also imitation window sticker links, which I do NOT like, I want the actual fiatusa.com/hostc/getWindowStickerpdf kind of link. I noticed Scottsdale has some other kind of "window sticker" link and I don't like it. oem stickers or something. Nope, I want the REAL window stickers from the manufacturer.

Being able to see the window sticker also shows me the colors exterior and interior, as some dealers don't use actual photos and put up the WRONG photo for the car. Wrong color, wrong trim, etc. And it's nice to see all the goodies included in the option packages, so you KNOW what you're getting.

We're a HUGE country, and we've just this month had the first shipments delivered to dealers. All variations won't be available in all locations. But some of the folks who'd be going for the Lusso with the Premium package could afford easily to have the car shipped to them in a jiffy. For maybe $500-1000. There are board members who have had cars shipped to them, delivered right to their home!

I don't have the slightest idea when the next shipments are coming, or what will be included in that lot, or where they'll end up. And it could be like Germany, where dealers sell out of their batches in certain areas, and folks will be stuck on a waiting list locally. It's the end of July, want to get the 124 Spider while the weather is still convertible weather.

Getting what you want delivered to your home in a week or so is much better than a waiting list that could be a LONG wait.

ManOfStealth
07-27-2016, 12:51 AM
Fiat of mckinney Texas. Sorry for the confusion. Last I heard it was sold Saturday.

what?

ItzBitz
07-27-2016, 06:44 AM
I would LOVE those headlights for the curvy roads. Are they "instantaneous", so they turn with the steering wheel? Do they make any sound when they move? It's all new to me! I know nothing about them!

Definitely a cool car!

How has the response been from the public? Friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, etc? And the general public?

Yes lights are instant and you cannot hear any noise from drivers seat. They do make curvy roads at night much safer. Everyone who sees the car has a positive response. I hope to drag myself out of bed on the 6th and show at Plano Cars and Coffee.

canesice
07-27-2016, 07:35 AM
Yes lights are instant and you cannot hear any noise from drivers seat. They do make curvy roads at night much safer. Everyone who sees the car has a positive response. I hope to drag myself out of bed on the 6th and show at Plano Cars and Coffee.

They will start to turn at a similar rate to the steering wheel. Really nice feature.
I have these in my mazda 6, and love them.
They are also in my fiat 124..

Sammy124
07-27-2016, 09:22 PM
Fiat of mckinney Texas. Sorry for the confusion. Last I heard it was sold Saturday.

They gave that away at that price.

Sammy124
07-27-2016, 09:25 PM
The copy/paste is from the Window Sticker. I always pull up the window sticker to verify, as there are oodles of mistakes on various sites, including Fiat dealers. If the window sticker doesn't come up, that generally means the car is sold or unavailable. There are also imitation window sticker links, which I do NOT like, I want the actual fiatusa.com/hostc/getWindowStickerpdf kind of link. I noticed Scottsdale has some other kind of "window sticker" link and I don't like it. oem stickers or something. Nope, I want the REAL window stickers from the manufacturer.

Being able to see the window sticker also shows me the colors exterior and interior, as some dealers don't use actual photos and put up the WRONG photo for the car. Wrong color, wrong trim, etc. And it's nice to see all the goodies included in the option packages, so you KNOW what you're getting.

We're a HUGE country, and we've just this month had the first shipments delivered to dealers. All variations won't be available in all locations. But some of the folks who'd be going for the Lusso with the Premium package could afford easily to have the car shipped to them in a jiffy. For maybe $500-1000. There are board members who have had cars shipped to them, delivered right to their home!

I don't have the slightest idea when the next shipments are coming, or what will be included in that lot, or where they'll end up. And it could be like Germany, where dealers sell out of their batches in certain areas, and folks will be stuck on a waiting list locally. It's the end of July, want to get the 124 Spider while the weather is still convertible weather.

Getting what you want delivered to your home in a week or so is much better than a waiting list that could be a LONG wait.

Agree.. I hate dealersthat play games like that. Some people just buy a car and have no clue what they are getting. I had a salesman here try to pass off a Tech Package as a Premium when I was looking. When I called him on it he played dumb..

I looked in California, Nevada and Arizona nery to find one as I wanted.. Lusso in Rosso / Saddle with the Premium Package. You'd think that California would get more sticks than they did and AFAIK there's no Lussos with a stick but I could be wrong.

Robert Nixon
07-28-2016, 10:41 AM
Just to keep it in perspective, as much as we are all FIAT fans, and mostly love to shift a manual, the facts of the auto business are that only about 7% of the cars sold in the US are standards. As much as I love to shift, I'd also consider an automatic depending on my driving circumstances. If I had a heavy commute in bumper to bumper traffic, and could only have one car, an automatic would make my day easier.

FSpydie
07-28-2016, 10:46 AM
... As much as I love to shift, I'd also consider an automatic...

Heretic! :devilish: ;)

Robert Nixon
07-28-2016, 10:48 AM
I know I know, but the 6 years I commuted into DC (Plymouth Neon and Mustang GT, both manual) had my left leg starting to think about automatic!

Andree
07-28-2016, 11:23 AM
Agree.. I hate dealersthat play games like that. Some people just buy a car and have no clue what they are getting. I had a salesman here try to pass off a Tech Package as a Premium when I was looking. When I called him on it he played dumb..

I looked in California, Nevada and Arizona nery to find one as I wanted.. Lusso in Rosso / Saddle with the Premium Package. You'd think that California would get more sticks than they did and AFAIK there's no Lussos with a stick but I could be wrong.

Those were the only two Lusso manuals I found, both in white with black and Premium, via the Fiat site. There are other dealers not shown on the Fiat site, so that's where you have to check dealer by dealer manually.

Remember that not all salespeople are Fiat enthusiasts, and they may have no clue as to what comes with what. Yeah, I know, they are supposed to know. But if they are at a multiple brand dealership, I'd think it would be very hard to know the features and packages of every single vehicle. He may not have been playing dumb, he may have been actually dumb...not knowing the difference. But he can learn, just like we did. I'm still learning, and always will be.

I worked at car dealerships before, and always guided people directly to the window sticker. I love window stickers. It will tell me exactly what is on the car. No guessing needed. Awhile back there was some confusion on the 500L and what came with the Sirius radio. The information needed would have been on the window sticker. Even if the radio inside looked like it had Sirius, if it wasn't on the window sticker, it didn't have it. The window sticker does not make mistakes.

I'm always willing to try to find what people want. But who knows, all those vehicles at each dealership may have been ordered, based on what the local people said they wanted. I have no idea how the various vehicles end up at individual dealerships. I mean, they don't just send out a random assortment, do they? I was so confused when I was looking for my 500, one place had only black. Did the rest get sold? Did they order them all in black? And why was the closest yellow 500 in Colorado, when I was in California? It's just so weird how some colors sell better in different areas, same with trims and options and auto/manual. One area can't give them away while another area is sold out.

I went through umpteen colors when I was looking, being open minded about what I'd love to take home. Yellow, white, both reds, both greens, both browns/tans. I ended up with the light green Verde Chiaro. I'd been looking for a 2012 and ended up with a 2013. I'd wanted the red/ivory interior and ended up with the brown/ivory interior. Did I get what I wanted? Well, sort of. Am I happy with what I got? Absolutely.

Sammy124
07-28-2016, 03:30 PM

Those were the only two Lusso manuals I found, both in white with black and Premium, via the Fiat site. There are other dealers not shown on the Fiat site, so that's where you have to check dealer by dealer manually.

Remember that not all salespeople are Fiat enthusiasts, and they may have no clue as to what comes with what. Yeah, I know, they are supposed to know. But if they are at a multiple brand dealership, I'd think it would be very hard to know the features and packages of every single vehicle. He may not have been playing dumb, he may have been actually dumb...not knowing the difference. But he can learn, just like we did. I'm still learning, and always will be.

I worked at car dealerships before, and always guided people directly to the window sticker. I love window stickers. It will tell me exactly what is on the car. No guessing needed. Awhile back there was some confusion on the 500L and what came with the Sirius radio. The information needed would have been on the window sticker. Even if the radio inside looked like it had Sirius, if it wasn't on the window sticker, it didn't have it. The window sticker does not make mistakes.

I'm always willing to try to find what people want. But who knows, all those vehicles at each dealership may have been ordered, based on what the local people said they wanted. I have no idea how the various vehicles end up at individual dealerships. I mean, they don't just send out a random assortment, do they? I was so confused when I was looking for my 500, one place had only black. Did the rest get sold? Did they order them all in black? And why was the closest yellow 500 in Colorado, when I was in California? It's just so weird how some colors sell better in different areas, same with trims and options and auto/manual. One area can't give them away while another area is sold out.

I went through umpteen colors when I was looking, being open minded about what I'd love to take home. Yellow, white, both reds, both greens, both browns/tans. I ended up with the light green Verde Chiaro. I'd been looking for a 2012 and ended up with a 2013. I'd wanted the red/ivory interior and ended up with the brown/ivory interior. Did I get what I wanted? Well, sort of. Am I happy with what I got? Absolutely.

Same here! The Auto works fine but on some downshifts it doesn't. Usually in retrospect that would be when it shouldn't because it would over-rev which is not good. It is at these times in a stick when you either brake to slow it down or have to immediately upshift. Automatics of today are a far cry of days gone past. Even in "Auto" I can feel it shift and in "Manual" I can make it shift.

Back to the subject on hand.. They're selling pretty fast but I'm not so sure they're selling out around here, just that there is limited supply available.

jguerdat
07-29-2016, 07:15 AM
They're selling pretty fast but I'm not so sure they're selling out around here, just that there is limited supply available.

They're selling out here (Rochester, NY) 'cause they've had exactly one. And they didn't even know it was coming...

tknospdr
07-29-2016, 11:49 AM
I just checked the inventory of every studio within 200 miles of me.
I want a manual 124 but there are exactly none here.
I'm ready to get a new car but the MX-5 looks pretty nice too, and I CAN get that in a stick.
FCA is dropping the ball with A: not enough sticks in every area, and B: no Abarth on launch.

FSpydie
07-29-2016, 12:36 PM
Yeah, the release is pretty screwy to me. I can understand the Abarth coming a little later but I'm not sure what's behind the first shipment being virtually all automatics. Maybe it was just a matter of part supplies. I'll set back and wait to see what evolves with FCA.

Andree
07-29-2016, 01:12 PM
I'm ready to get a new car but the MX-5 looks pretty nice too, and I CAN get that in a stick.
FCA is dropping the ball with A: not enough sticks in every area, and B: no Abarth on launch.

Give me a state, city, or zip code, and let me do some more looking.

tknospdr
07-29-2016, 01:22 PM
Give me a state, city, or zip code, and let me do some more looking.
How about all 3?

Florida, Indian Harbour Beach, 32937

Good luck, you're gonna need it. :)

Simmonz
07-29-2016, 01:30 PM

To be fair the no Abarth at launch thing makes sense. They could have pushed the launch back to September to line up with the Abarths. But as it is now the Base car is produced in Hiroshima than shipped to Abarth to do their Mods than shipped back to the US.

Option 1 - How its done now, get the car out during the summer time when this kind of car shines and roll in more stock as they are produced, Roll in the abarths in the fall after they have been upgraded. This option gets the cars out and in peoples hands and demand rolling for them.

Option 2 - Wait till they have the Abarths produced leaving the lusso and classica at the port until all 3 trims are ready. Means sitting on inventory and missing out on the summer months.

As far as the manuals go, I'm waiting on a Manual Abarth myself but a very small number people buy manual cars these days so it makes more business sense for them to front load automatics. Remember when the Dodge Dart first arrived, they were Manual only that hurt their sales numbers greatly off the jump.

Just my 2c

~Jake

tknospdr
07-29-2016, 01:39 PM
To be fair the no Abarth at launch thing makes sense. They could have pushed the launch back to September to line up with the Abarths. But as it is now the Base car is produced in Hiroshima than shipped to Abarth to do their Mods than shipped back to the US.

Option 1 - How its done now, get the car out during the summer time when this kind of car shines and roll in more stock as they are produced, Roll in the abarths in the fall after they have been upgraded. This option gets the cars out and in peoples hands and demand rolling for them.

Option 2 - Wait till they have the Abarths produced leaving the lusso and classica at the port until all 3 trims are ready. Means sitting on inventory and missing out on the summer months.

As far as the manuals go, I'm waiting on a Manual Abarth myself but a very small number people buy manual cars these days so it makes more business sense for them to front load automatics. Remember when the Dodge Dart first arrived, they were Manual only that hurt their sales numbers greatly off the jump.

Just my 2c

~Jake

I get all that, but to have ZERO manuals in a particular market is stunningly dumb. A very small percentage is still sales that they're leaving on the table, or worse, handing to a competitor.

Simmonz
07-29-2016, 01:43 PM
I get all that, but to have ZERO manuals in a particular market is stunningly dumb. A very small percentage is still sales that they're leaving on the table, or worse, handing to a competitor.

I agree, But its like the Abarths in my neck of the woods, 95% are Auto and the few that are manual don't have the higher end packages like leather or rims. I wanted the Red leather like crazy when I got my Abarth but no one had it in a stick anywhere close by. I'm ok with waiting a bit to get exactly what I want this next time.

Fiat500USA
07-29-2016, 02:13 PM
Let's remember the Mazda has been available here for quite a while and the first Fiat Spider shipments just hit our shores a few weeks ago. The cars are made up in batches. There are thousands of components, different suppliers and a myriad of other factors that have to come together in making a car. They are building up their inventory and can't snap their fingers and match the same inventory level Mazda has had many months to achieve. I know it is tough to wait it out, but these aren't Hershey Kisses they are producing. The cars are coming, we just need some patience.

tknospdr
07-29-2016, 02:44 PM
Let's remember the Mazda has been available here for quite a while and the first Fiat Spider shipments just hit our shores a few weeks ago.
Sure, but the Miata was easy to find in stick on launch day. It just makes sense for a roadster.
You wanna wait months to offer a stick on a Honda Civic? I'm with you there.

Fiat500USA
07-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Also, besides competing with the MX5, the Spider is also competing with the following cars that are geared towards more maintream buyers:

VW Beetle
VW EOS
Buick Casada

Plus these other cars:

Chevrolet Camaro
Ford Mustang

It is probably safe to say that all these cars are mainly sold with automatics. Taking that into account, having the first batch predominantly autos starts to make sense.

morrisg
07-29-2016, 02:56 PM
Sure, but the Miata was easy to find in stick on launch day. It just makes sense for a roadster.
You wanna wait months to offer a stick on a Honda Civic? I'm with you there.

Maybe you should consider searching for manuals in another market nearby. It might be fun to find one that you like in another city, fly there and take a leisurely trip back to your home in your brand new Fiat 124. I know there are plenty of manuals here in the Pacific NW, so maybe there are some closer to Florida. Couldn't hurt to put some other zip codes into the inventory search and see.

The reason I suggest this is that I did it to purchase my 2009 NC Miata. I found exactly what I wanted in Wisconsin in January, the dead of winter, at a huge discount! Well worth calling, putting a deposit on it with my credit card and then working out the purchase details over the phone. Sent a check, took a plane out and had a great memorable trip back to Oregon in the springtime. Lots of fun and good memories!

Fiat500USA
07-29-2016, 03:05 PM
Maybe you should consider searching for manuals in another market nearby. It might be fun to find one that you like in another city, fly there and take a leisurely trip back to your home in your brand new Fiat 124. I know there are plenty of manuals here in the Pacific NW, so maybe there are some closer to Florida. Couldn't hurt to put some other zip codes into the inventory search and see.

The reason I suggest this is that I did it to purchase my 2009 NC Miata. I found exactly what I wanted in Wisconsin in January, the dead of winter, at a huge discount! Well worth calling, putting a deposit on it with my credit card and then working out the purchase details over the phone. Sent a check, took a plane out and had a great memorable trip back to Oregon in the springtime. Lots of fun and good memories!

That's a good point. I know Benson Fiat (http://www.fiatusaofgreer.com/) has a $250 travel voucher for folks that come from far away to pick up a car. John Montgomery, the president of the Fiat Club America runs the Studio, so besides the voucher, you get first class treatment from a great guy and a great Studio.

tknospdr
07-29-2016, 03:16 PM
That would be great. So far looks like no sticks in FL, GA, or AL.

Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot

Andree
07-29-2016, 03:47 PM
How about all 3?

Florida, Indian Harbour Beach, 32937

Good luck, you're gonna need it. :)

I looked. And looked. And looked. There really aren't any manuals other than all the ones in Arizona, and the couple of Lussos in Kentucky and New York.

Ya know, it's only 954 miles from Florence to Indian Harbour Beach. 13 hour drive. Fly to Kentucky on a Friday, get car, drive half way home Saturday, stay overnight somewhere, drive the other half on Sunday. Like a weekend getaway.

It's a Bianco Lusso, black leather, with the Premier collection, all the goodies:

That's about how far it was to drive when I moved, from San Francisco CA, out here to Arizona. I took my time, even with a late start. I had two cats with me, who were not at all pleased. Nevertheless, I was able to see all kinds of terrain. Different weather. Really got a kick out of driving through Gilroy, they proclaim to be the garlic capital, and have a garlic festival. My move coincided with their harvest. My goodness, I've never seen so much garlic, special tractor trailer cages full of garlic! The whole area smelled of garlic. They should have complimentary garlic bread available, just for passing through, because it is mouth-watering.

Sad sights in some agricultural areas, where trees had been uprooted, not enough water to keep them going. Total loss of mature fruit or nut trees. It's an educational trip if you want it to be. These things that happen in the US, it's not just some random place that doesn't matter, it's RIGHT THERE. THESE trees in THIS spot will never fruit again. Someone's livelihood, gone, just like that.

It's always good to know where our food comes from. To see vast fields or orchards.

Also neat to see the various cities and towns, the little roadside stores.

You'll need sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses. Long sleeved shirts and pants, summer weight, light weight. Make sure it's a strong sunscreen that blocks UVA and UVB rays. If it's really hot, put the top up and enjoy some a/c. You don't need sunstroke/heat stroke! And cover your ears! With a wide brim hat, or with sunscreen. You know the drill I'm sure, I just have to reiterate it after seeing a guy a couple weeks ago with a sunburn so bad that it will be a miracle if he doesn't get cancer.

Go get it!

Andree
07-29-2016, 03:54 PM
Makes it difficult to look for manuals when some dealers list their entire trio as being manuals, when the window sticker says they are automatic. I'm talking about YOU, Harper Fiat in Knoxville, Tennessee.
http://www.fiatusaofknoxvilletn.com/new-inventory/index.htm?listingConfigId=auto-new&year=2017&model=&normalDriveLine=&normalTransmission=&trim=&start=0&sort=&facetbrowse=true&searchLinkText=SEARCH&showFacetCounts=true&showRadius=false&showSubmit=true&showSelections=true
:frown:

Andree
07-29-2016, 03:58 PM
Manual Lusso, Nero Cinema Jet Black, nero interior, Premium collection, Landers Fiat, Shreveport Louisiana:
http://www.fiatusaofshreveport.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-31e062cf0a0e0ae8595b246c53162699.htm

FSpydie
07-29-2016, 04:09 PM
Makes it difficult to look for manuals when some dealers list their entire trio as being manuals, when the window sticker says they are automatic. I'm talking about YOU, Harper Fiat in Knoxville, Tennessee.
http://www.fiatusaofknoxvilletn.com/new-inventory/index.htm?listingConfigId=auto-new&year=2017&model=&normalDriveLine=&normalTransmission=&trim=&start=0&sort=&facetbrowse=true&searchLinkText=SEARCH&showFacetCounts=true&showRadius=false&showSubmit=true&showSelections=true
:frown:Yes. That's why I appreciated your earlier post about looking at the factory sticker for the car. A search on Cars.com and at FiatUSA indicates some manuals across the country but when you actually check out the sticker or look at interior photos, they turn out to be autos. I'd say right now, it would be fortunate to find the first shipment has even 10% manuals. I didn't do the actual calculation. I thought I read somewhere, for what it was worth, that Fiat was planning for a 60% auto, 40% manual demand, which seems about right to me for a small,two-seat, sports car. For whatever reason, the first shipment doesn't reflect this and I believe Fiat for awhile has been saying expect manuals in the September-ish time frame.

We'll see. I don't run FCA, so I'll wait to see if patience rewards with me. :)

tknospdr
07-29-2016, 04:32 PM
Fly to Kentucky on a Friday...
I have a trade in, unless I can sell this sucker!

Andree
07-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Since Arizona seemed to be given a whole lot of manuals, let me list 'em out, after I check out their window stickers on the corporate site...

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Bronzo Magnetico Titanium Exterior
Paint
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
Plus tech package:
http://www.billlukefiat.com/exotic-new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-2ebe80bb0a0e0ae7308e83ec02451cff.htm

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Nero Cinema Jet Black Exterior Paint
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
plus tech package:
http://www.billlukefiat.com/exotic-new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-e568e7310a0e0a174ce2c9b7aa6e51fc.htm

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Grigio Argento Aluminum Exterior Paint
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
plus tech package:
http://www.billlukefiat.com/exotic-new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-2ebe80d90a0e0ae7308e83ec9c32b4aa.htm

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
no option:
http://www.billlukefiat.com/exotic-new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-e0a478640a0e0ae75cec617f250d8c96.htm

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Paint
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
no option:
http://www.fiatavondale.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-9dd75e450a0e08b97857e1a4b32b48db.htm

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Grigio Moda Meteor Grey Exterior Paint
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
plus tech package:
http://www.fiatavondale.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-9dd3d4990a0e08b97857e1a45b7d6572.htm

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
plus tech package:
http://www.fiatavondale.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-9dd937db0a0e08b97857e1a414297a1d.htm

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Grigio Moda Meteor Grey Exterior Paint
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
no option:
http://www.autonationfiatnorthphoenix.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-7392722f0a0d04fe730540d23184897a.htm

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Paint
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
no option:
http://www.autonationfiatnorthphoenix.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-401c95b60a0e09902f60d80d0bf8e57c.htm

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
tech:
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=JC1NFAEK7H0102974
https://www.fiatusaofscottsdale.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-e088e5f90a0e0adf001605deeab2f62a.htm

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
tech:
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=JC1NFAEK7H0104093
https://www.fiatusaofscottsdale.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-10239cd70a0e0ae74e4d799b8da52b43.htm

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Grigio Argento Aluminum Exterior Paint
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
tech package, proper window sticker
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=JC1NFAEK0H0103741
https://www.fiatusaofscottsdale.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-10239cd70a0e0ae74e4d799b8da52b43.htm

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Rosso Red Exterior Paint
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
tech package, prop wind stick
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=JC1NFAEK7H0103851
https://www.fiatusaofscottsdale.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-e088e5770a0e0adf001605de0905a8a2.htm

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
tech package
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=JC1NFAEK2H0103966
https://www.fiatusaofscottsdale.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-e088e6280a0e0adf001605de18b59c71.htm

FIAT SPIDER CLASSICA
Exterior Color:
Rosso Red Exterior Paint
Interior Color:
Interior:
Premium Cloth Seats
Engine:
Transmission:
tech package:
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=JC1NFAEK2H0104051
https://www.fiatusaofscottsdale.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-10239d0f0a0e0ae74e4d799be858512d.htm

Those are the ones with proper window stickers, that show up. If there isn't a window sticker from the corp site, the cars have probably been sold. All Classicas, all manuals, with or without the tech package. One of every color.

There's an airport or two in Phoenix, so you can fly in. Drive it home, or arrange to have it shipped on a carrier, and fly home. The info is copy/paste from the legit window stickers via Chrysler. Many do not have actual pictures, so the window sticker is important. The picture shown may not represent the actual color.

This is just embarrassing...showing the blue special as a white car and as a manual, even in their bogus sticker:
https://www.fiatusaofscottsdale.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-29e22ae50a0e0ae7308e83ec00834428.htm
actual window sticker:
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=JC1NFAEK7H0100366
bogus sticker:
https://www.oemstickers.com/WindowSticker.php?vin=JC1NFAEK7H0100366

Andree
07-29-2016, 05:49 PM
I have a trade in, unless I can sell this sucker!

I had a trade in too, which is what kept me local when I was buying my Fiat 500 Lounge. And I'd not be referring to your gorgeous Rame T as a "sucker". hahaha. Truly one of a kind with the Abarth badges and the Rame paint.

Alas, trade-in values are always minimal, it's how they make their money...buy low, sell high(er).

You could check with a local dealer to see if they do long distance dealer trades. The worst thing they can say is "No, we don't". So you can do your trade-in locally, and buy the car locally. I did ask about doing that for my car, when I'd seen one I liked in Arizona, and the fellow said just to have it shipped to me and do the deal directly with that far away dealer. Unfortunately, they didn't take me too seriously when I called and inquired about buying the car from them and having it shipped. Their loss was a local dealer's gain.

Andree
07-29-2016, 07:01 PM
Ten manual Classicas at Towbin Fiat in Las Vegas, NV:
http://www.fiatusaoflasvegas.com/all-inventory/index.htm?saveFacetState=true&compositeType=&year=2017-2017&normalTransmission=Manual&lastFacetInteracted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-normalTransmission-1

Five manual Classicas at Findley in Henderson, NV:
http://www.fiatusaofhenderson.com/new-inventory/index.htm?year=2017&normalDriveLine=&normalFuelType=&normalExteriorColor=&normalInteriorColor=&normalInteriorMaterial=&normalTransmission=Manual&saveFacetState=true&lastFacetInteracted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-normalTransmission-2

One red Classica in Reno, NV (pic shows Lusso):
http://www.fiatusaofreno.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-0dd3d9570a0e0adf72d8a9295e8ff9a2.htm

Hopefully this is welcome news to nearby people!

Andree
07-29-2016, 09:08 PM
Three Classicas in manual, grey, black, and bronze, in Renton, WA:
http://www.fiatusaofrenton.com/all-inventory/index.htm?listingConfigId=AUTO-new%2CAUTO-used&compositeType=&year=2017&model=&start=0&sort=&facetbrowse=true&quick=true&searchLinkText=SEARCH&showInvTotals=false&showRadius=false&showReset=false&showSubmit=true&facetbrowseGridUnit=BLANK&showSelections=true&dependencies=model%3Amake%2Ccity%3Aprovince%2Ccity %3Astate&suppressAllConditions=compliant

Three more manual Classicas, two white, one silver, Fiat of Tacoma:
http://www.fiatoftacoma.com/new-vehicles/#action=im_ajax_call&perform=get_results&_post_id=4&year%5B%5D=2017&page=1&show_all_filters=false

Yes, I am manually pulling up the window stickers, when they don't have window sticker links.

White, black and gray in Kirkland, WA, Classica manuals all:
http://www.fiatofkirkland.com/searchnew.aspx?Type=N&Year=2017

Oregon manuals, Tonkin lists all of them as six speeds. Which is true. But not helpful:
Gray http://www.tonkinfiat.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-2cba13090a0e0a17689cb50df7dce8bc.htm
Black: http://www.tonkinfiat.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-2cba133a0a0e0a17689cb50dc0bf0308.htm
Bronze: http://www.tonkinfiat.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-2cba12d20a0e0a17689cb50d6ce140d5.htm

Okay, that's a few more for everyone looking.

FSpydie
07-31-2016, 11:56 AM
Thanks for all your diligence, Andree! I've lost track, how many manual Lussos have you uncovered across the country, so far, both sold and unsold? Just from a curiosity aspect. It seems to be a much rarer beast than even a Prima, at this point. ;)
Thanks!

Andree
07-31-2016, 04:09 PM
Thanks for all your diligence, Andree! I've lost track, how many manual Lussos have you uncovered across the country, so far, both sold and unsold? Just from a curiosity aspect. It seems to be a much rarer beast than even a Prima, at this point. ;)
Thanks!

Three. Just three. Kentucky (sold since posting it here). New York (white), Louisiana (black).

I'm now posting any new manuals I find over in the "which dealers" thread:
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?25486-Which-dealers-have-FIAT-124-Spiders-in-Stock/page4

I thought that made more sense. They were having a discussion on the manuals, and if there were any available.

There seems to be "clumps" of manuals. As in my state of Arizona, in the Phoenix area. And they seemed to get a LOT of 124s in general. Other areas I looked, the dealership only has one 124, that's it. Others may have sold, or they only got one in the first shipment. There must be some method to the distribution, but I have no idea what it is.

One thing I DID notice, is at one of the dealerships, they listed two of the 124s in transit. And they had three, I think, on the lot. I don't know if the cars in transit are part of a new shipment, or if they're coming from another dealership, but that could mean more are on the way. I also noticed a couple of dealerships getting in 2017 Pops.

I was a bit heartbroken to read that the Kentucky Lusso manual was sold by the time tknospdr called them to check on it. But the 124 could have gone to someone here, a member, or a reader, or someone who will join eventually. And that's kind of exciting. If it's someone already here, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm sure they'll be busy driving and loving life in their 124 all weekend.

The optional saddle interior is a little less common, there seem to be more Lussos with the black interior. And the red Lusso is the one most likely to have the saddle interior from what I've seen in my search. Looks good in the red! This is just the first delivery though, and everything should even out over time.

FSpydie
07-31-2016, 04:54 PM
Three. Just three. Kentucky (sold since posting it here). New York (white), Louisiana (black).

I'm now posting any new manuals I find over in the "which dealers" thread:
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?25486-Which-dealers-have-FIAT-124-Spiders-in-Stock/page4

I thought that made more sense. They were having a discussion on the manuals, and if there were any available.

There seems to be "clumps" of manuals. As in my state of Arizona, in the Phoenix area. And they seemed to get a LOT of 124s in general. Other areas I looked, the dealership only has one 124, that's it. Others may have sold, or they only got one in the first shipment. There must be some method to the distribution, but I have no idea what it is.

One thing I DID notice, is at one of the dealerships, they listed two of the 124s in transit. And they had three, I think, on the lot. I don't know if the cars in transit are part of a new shipment, or if they're coming from another dealership, but that could mean more are on the way. I also noticed a couple of dealerships getting in 2017 Pops.

I was a bit heartbroken to read that the Kentucky Lusso manual was sold by the time tknospdr called them to check on it. But the 124 could have gone to someone here, a member, or a reader, or someone who will join eventually. And that's kind of exciting. If it's someone already here, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm sure they'll be busy driving and loving life in their 124 all weekend.

The optional saddle interior is a little less common, there seem to be more Lussos with the black interior. And the red Lusso is the one most likely to have the saddle interior from what I've seen in my search. Looks good in the red! This is just the first delivery though, and everything should even out over time.

Thanks, Andree. Yes, it would be nice if the dealers could at least correctly list what Spiders really ARE manual transmissions. Some of them must just be flipping coins, don't care, or wouldn't know a manual transmission if they saw one. ;) I'll set back and see how things evolve. I've got lots of popcorn to enjoy. :)

CoachRick
07-31-2016, 05:18 PM

Not apples to apples; but it didn't hurt Mazda any ca 1990 when the Miata came out!!! We shall see! ;)

ItzBitz
07-31-2016, 06:59 PM

Definitely a cool car!

I just clocked 500 Smiles on my Grigio Argento124 Spider. I was the first customer to purchase one at my studio.

Southernroadrunner
07-31-2016, 07:15 PM
I just clocked 500 Smiles on my Grigio Argento124 Spider. I was the first customer to purchase one at my studio.
That's a very nice looking car

tknospdr
07-31-2016, 07:42 PM
I was trying to figure out why the front looked familiar. It kinda look like a Viper.

Andree
07-31-2016, 11:38 PM

Always love to see the pictures! How many of the smiles were with the top down?

ItzBitz
08-01-2016, 07:23 AM
Always love to see the pictures! How many of the smiles were with the top down?

I almost always have the top down when the extreme hot Texas sun angryfire is not straight overhead. On my way to the gym in the mornings and on the way home after work you will find me topless. Otherwise the A/C works wonderful in that small cabin!

eurodave164
08-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Not bad at all.......Fiat July Sales 2016

-43%
-44%

500L
-28%
-58%

500X
1%
514%

Spider

New

New

Andree
08-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Not bad at all.......Fiat July Sales 2016

-43%
-44%

500L
-28%
-58%

500X
1%
514%

Spider

New

New

Nice going for the 124. It wasn't really at all the dealers for a full month! And it's a specialty car, being a two seater. Not a family car.

Simmonz
08-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Nice going for the 124. It wasn't really at all the dealers for a full month! And it's a specialty car, being a two seater. Not a family car.

Curious to see how the MX-5 sold last month.

Andree
08-03-2016, 01:51 AM
Curious to see how the MX-5 sold last month.

This page says 881 for July:
http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/mazda-mx-5-miata-sales-figures.html

It's an interesting page, as we can see the trends by season or model year. Lots of Mazdas sold last year in October. I'm thinking autumn foliage. And October IS the warmest month in San Francisco, when there is actually sun on or around the coast. hahaha

If we can get similar sales for Fiat in October, that would be swell. Not too hot. Not too cold. I fondly remember bundling up and putting the top down on my convertibles. It's a convertible thing. Big fuzzy hat. Heater warming the toes. Sometimes a lap blanket. Oh yes, the lap blanket. Red plaid, it was.

I think we'll be more balanced by then too, with more of an assortment available, perhaps even the Abarth. So people may be able to find their first choice close to home.

randY49
08-03-2016, 08:41 AM

It's an interesting page, as we can see the trends by season or model year. Lots of Mazdas sold last year in October. I'm thinking autumn foliage. And October IS the warmest month in San Francisco, when there is actually sun on or around the coast. hahaha

If we can get similar sales for Fiat in October, that would be swell. Not too hot. Not too cold. I fondly remember bundling up and putting the top down on my convertibles. It's a convertible thing. Big fuzzy hat. Heater warming the toes. Sometimes a lap blanket. Oh yes, the lap blanket. Red plaid, it was.

I think we'll be more balanced by then too, with more of an assortment available, perhaps even the Abarth. So people may be able to find their first choice close to home.
I think waiting for the Abarth and more plentiful manuals before comparing to the MX-5 is the right thing to do. At that point, we should see the 124 outpace the Miata, at least for a few months, as the "newness" of the Miata continues to wear off.

Sammy124
08-03-2016, 11:28 AM
What I want to know is who bought the 1 Spider sold in June, 2016.

canesice
08-03-2016, 11:39 AM
What I want to know is who bought the 1 Spider sold in June, 2016.

I actually believe it is me. Im going to ask my dealer at some point.

Simmonz
08-03-2016, 11:44 AM

So in effect Fiat sold 1/2 of the Miata in about 1/2 a month, that to me is a win. Now if they can keep up the supply but not over saturate, and the demand keeps up I hope to see the two cars selling at about the same pace. The Miata was never a high volume car and being able to split the cost of development between two brands hopefully is going to be profitable for both companies and they don't cannibalize each others sales.

FSpydie
08-03-2016, 12:27 PM
So in effect Fiat sold 1/2 of the Miata in about 1/2 a month, that to me is a win. Now if they can keep up the supply but not over saturate, and the demand keeps up I hope to see the two cars selling at about the same pace. The Miata was never a high volume car and being able to split the cost of development between two brands hopefully is going to be profitable for both companies and they don't cannibalize each others sales.
It will be interesting. It appears to me Fiat seems to going after an older demographic, at least with the Lusso and the initial Prima offering. But, they also have great options for others in the market, with the Classica and the Abarth. But, please, let's up the manual offerings for the Lusso, in particular! Only THREE manual Lussos out of over 800 cars in the initial delivery??? Either up that number or just not even bother, Fiat, with pretending the Lusso is available with the manual. I wonder what's behind the extremely small number of initial Lusso manuals? Was there just a limited number of the previous generation Mazda manuals available for the Spider release and they had a set number for the Classica and the Lusso just got the few left in the Hiroshima inventory closet? It'll be interesting to see what the mix is in the next shipment from Japan.

FSpydie
08-03-2016, 12:29 PM
I actually believe it is me. Im going to ask my dealer at some point.Wouldn't that be interesting to know? Not only did you get a Prima but you got the first sale. :)

randY49
08-03-2016, 01:14 PM
It will be interesting. It appears to me Fiat seems to going after an older demographic, at least with the Lusso and the initial Prima offering. But, they also have great options for others in the market, with the Classica and the Abarth. But, please, let's up the manual offerings for the Lusso, in particular! Only THREE manual Lussos out of over 800 cars in the initial delivery??? Either up that number or just not even bother, Fiat, with pretending the Lusso is available with the manual. I wonder what's behind the extremely small number of initial Lusso manuals? Was there just a limited number of the previous generation Mazda manuals available for the Spider release and they had a set number for the Classica and the Lusso just got the few left in the Hiroshima inventory closet? It'll be interesting to see what the mix is in the next shipment from Japan.
I agree with you with the "older demographic", but that is likely the group to have money to spend on what is, for most, a 'second car', so I understand. When I first read articles from the press drive, I thought I remembered reading something about all the first shipment being automatics. Obviously that was wrong, but it does seem like a really low number of manuals considering what the car is. I'm very curious to know if Mazda had a few of the old 6-speeds laying around that Fiat used in the first build while the supplier produces more, or what.

zvez
08-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Ha! a bronze one is selling to me on Friday morning! :)

Simmonz
08-03-2016, 01:50 PM

Congrats!

FSpydie
08-03-2016, 02:15 PM
I agree with you with the "older demographic", but that is likely the group to have money to spend on what is, for most, a 'second car', so I understand. When I first read articles from the press drive, I thought I remembered reading something about all the first shipment being automatics. Obviously that was wrong, but it does seem like a really low number of manuals considering what the car is. I'm very curious to know if Mazda had a few of the old 6-speeds laying around that Fiat used in the first build while the supplier produces more, or what.Yes, same here. Why even bother with THREE manual Lussos for the first shipment, unless that's all Hiroshima had laying around to support Fiat, after meeting what the desired Fiat number was for the initial shipment of manual Classicas. "Hey, guys, we've got three last generation manual trannies setting around? Where do you want 'em?" ;) Oh, well, Monday morning quarterbacking, via the net, is always fun.

Andree
08-03-2016, 02:22 PM

Woohoo! Since we won't hear from you for the entire weekend while you're out driving, where ARE you going to go driving?

morrisg
08-03-2016, 02:37 PM
Yes, same here. Why even bother with THREE manual Lussos for the first shipment, unless that's all Hiroshima had laying around to support Fiat, after meeting what the desired Fiat number was for the initial shipment of manual Classicas. "Hey, guys, we've got three last generation manual trannies setting around? Where do you want 'em?" ;) Oh, well, Monday morning quarterbacking, via the net, is always fun.

Let me offer a different view on manual Lusso supply. Ok, Fiat has ordered 650 automatic Lussos which we build as a group and then 250 manual Lussos which we build in a second group. Oh, look, the first boat is full and only 3 manual Lussos were loaded. Oh well, the next boat will have room for the manual Lussos. Yes, that will be 4 weeks later but people who really want a manual Lusso will wait that long. And if they really just want a manual, there are plenty of Classica manuals on board the first shipment.

So how many weeks has it been since the 124 went on sale? Yeah, about four. Patience is always tough when the new toys arrive!

And remember, if you really really want an exact color and model and options set then dealers are always willing to order it for you and take a deposit.

Andree
08-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Yes, same here. Why even bother with THREE manual Lussos for the first shipment, unless that's all Hiroshima had laying around to support Fiat, after meeting what the desired Fiat number was for the initial shipment of manual Classicas. "Hey, guys, we've got three last generation manual trannies setting around? Where do you want 'em?" ;) Oh, well, Monday morning quarterbacking, via the net, is always fun.

Aren't the manual transmissions the same in the Classica and the Lusso? And there are lots of manual Classicas in some areas.

I want to know who the three Lusso manual buyers were, and if they saw the cars here on the forum from my postings. That would make me happy. I like to try to be helpful, and would love to know that something I did resulted in a sale somewhere.

Some of the states only had one-two manual Classicas. What is somewhat disheartening is that many of the manuals I'd posted are not sold yet. The red Classica manual at J Star in Anaheim is gone...J Stars problem so far is that they aren't showing the manuals as manuals, just says "six speed". People browsing and not coming from the links I'd posted won't know they're manuals unless they pull up the window sticker. Likelihood of people pulling up window stickers, none. They're browsing, no actual photos, no transmission posted, off to the next dealer. They're showing Lussos in generic images, rather than Classicas. Chaps my hide.

zvez
08-03-2016, 03:49 PM
hA! Don't know Andre, I'm buying from Fiat of Birmingham so it's 150 mile ride, we'll have to see what happens after that.

I'm actually trading the 4c in I bought late last year. Wonderful car, but stayed in the garage covered most of the time, 124 will be used a good bit more. My wife wants her 500X back since I've been driving it more than she has.!
Chris

Woohoo! Since we won't hear from you for the entire weekend while you're out driving, where ARE you going to go driving?

Andree
08-03-2016, 04:16 PM
Let me offer a different view on manual Lusso supply. Ok, Fiat has ordered 650 automatic Lussos which we build as a group and then 250 manual Lussos which we build in a second group. Oh, look, the first boat is full and only 3 manual Lussos were loaded. Oh well, the next boat will have room for the manual Lussos. Yes, that will be 4 weeks later but people who really want a manual Lusso will wait that long. And if they really just want a manual, there are plenty of Classica manuals on board the first shipment.

So how many weeks has it been since the 124 went on sale? Yeah, about four. Patience is always tough when the new toys arrive!

And remember, if you really really want an exact color and model and options set then dealers are always willing to order it for you and take a deposit.

I kind of doubt they'll be taking orders at this time. Simply because there will be another smattering of vehicles coming in. There are not that many variations to the 124. Options are packaged.

Classicas in manual are available in all colors, with and without the tech package currently. In the western states, I know, the folks in the east don't have the same selection. But wouldn't you think there would be a similar number of manual enthusiasts in the west? Why aren't these cars sold out? Besides all the mistakes on dealer pages.

Lussos have two interior options, six colors, two package options (plus no option) and auto or manual. There should be just about one of every automatic version out there. Spread out, but still available. Plus there are still Primas available. There's a good chance, I'd say, for most folks in a highly populated area to find what they want in an automatic Lusso. The areas that have a lot of dealers.

The folks who have only one dealer close by that gets limited stock, those might be the only ones who would want to order. But they could still probably locate the exact vehicle they want and fly in, drive home. A lot less waiting that way.

Automatic Classicas and manual Lussos are harder to find, and may make up the bulk of the next shipment. Who knows?

Andree
08-03-2016, 04:52 PM
hA! Don't know Andre, I'm buying from Fiat of Birmingham so it's 150 mile ride, we'll have to see what happens after that.

I'm actually trading the 4c in I bought late last year. Wonderful car, but stayed in the garage covered most of the time, 124 will be used a good bit more. My wife wants her 500X back since I've been driving it more than she has.!
Chris

Do you feel like the 124 will be more likely to be driven than the 4C? I guess so. Is the 4C too "fancy" for a daily car? I think it would be like Jay Leno's Garage, with all kinds of neat cars, but only a few that would be good for regular use. Like china and lead crystal glasses and sterling silverware, that sits in a buffet looking good, but rarely gets used. A museum piece. A treasure.

With the 124 AND the 500X, you'll have two cool vehicles, that CAN be used daily. Easy enough to swap those two, or go on specialty trips together. 500x if you need to pick up larger things, or are taking another couple out. The 124 for scenic drives or when you're heading out for smaller things. I guess I favor vehicles that can be used for more than one thing. Fun to drive AND other things.

FSpydie
08-04-2016, 09:37 AM

Well, let me raise you one, and offer a counter-counter view on the manual situation. Who really knows what's going on, other than Fiat? Also, I've been around the planet long enough that "a new toy" is not a factor in my looking at the Spider. I'm in the market for a vehicle of this price and category and I just happen to like the Spider. It's "newness" isn't a big factor for me and I'm not the type who needs to be "the first kid, or in my case, the first old fart, on the block" with anything. I turned down a Prima at a good price because I decided upon a manual and didn't need a bunch of unnecessary options.

I recall reading the first shipment was suppose to have few manuals, if any, so I was initially surprised to see the manuals showing up at all. Was this an original Fiat statement? I don't recall. I wouldn't say, however, there are plenty of Classica manuals on board the first shipment, considering this a two seater, small sports car. Less than ten percent of the first shipment wouldn't be typical for what I'd expect over time. Plus, most of the manual classicas have ended up with some dealers on the left side of the country. The dealer I'm working with has received a size-able number of Spiders in the first shipment. Just how many manuals did he receive? A grand total of none. Even he is somewhat puzzled but it's just what ended-up in his allocation. I'm not about to go traipsing half way across the country just because Fiat has some screwy allocation formula. I'll wait to see what happens and, hopefully, things will make more sense once things have been underway for awhile.

And if you'd read my previous posts, you'd already know I tried to order exactly what I wanted and was told the dealers were going to have to live with whatever they were allocated for approximately the first year until Fiat saw what the demand was going to be for the Spyder. Maybe another dealer would tell me otherwise but this local dealer has a fairly decent reputation and I'm willing to wait to see what happens with his future deliveries.

FSpydie
08-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Aren't the manual transmissions the same in the Classica and the Lusso? And there are lots of manual Classicas in some areas.

I want to know who the three Lusso manual buyers were, and if they saw the cars here on the forum from my postings. That would make me happy. I like to try to be helpful, and would love to know that something I did resulted in a sale somewhere.

Some of the states only had one-two manual Classicas. What is somewhat disheartening is that many of the manuals I'd posted are not sold yet. The red Classica manual at J Star in Anaheim is gone...J Stars problem so far is that they aren't showing the manuals as manuals, just says "six speed". People browsing and not coming from the links I'd posted won't know they're manuals unless they pull up the window sticker. Likelihood of people pulling up window stickers, none. They're browsing, no actual photos, no transmission posted, off to the next dealer. They're showing Lussos in generic images, rather than Classicas. Chaps my hide.
Hey, Andree! Fiat should be paying you to straighten them out, seriously. ;) :) The manual transmission is the same version, for both the Classica and the Lusso. It's the previous generation Miata manual. I believe some gear ratios may have been changed for the Spider, but I could be wrong on that. From what I've read, it was apparently a better match for the 1.4 Multiair Turbo than the current generation Miata manual.

Maybe Morrisg is correct about the next big boat being packed to the brim with manual Lussos. They just missed the cut-off for the first shipment. :) I'm popping more popcorn to enjoy for the next few months. Want some? ;)

Andree
08-04-2016, 01:22 PM
Hey, Andree! Fiat should be paying you to straighten them out, seriously. ;) :) The manual transmission is the same version, for both the Classica and the Lusso. It's the previous generation Miata manual. I believe some gear ratios may have been changed for the Spider, but I could be wrong on that. From what I've read, it was apparently a better match for the 1.4 Multiair Turbo than the current generation Miata manual.

Maybe Morrisg is correct about the next big boat being packed to the brim with manual Lussos. They just missed the cut-off for the first shipment. :) I'm popping more popcorn to enjoy for the next few months. Want some? ;)

Sure, I'll take some of that popcorn.

We can guess and roll dice all day on what might come next. We'll make a Fiat Monopoly board.

Fiat doesn't need the next shipment to be full of manual Lussos, just another assortment, and try to spread out that assortment to places that haven't got whatever comes in the shipment. Frankly, the west coast got plenty of cars. No, not a lot of automatic Classicas, no manual Lussos, but really, they could get by for the time. It's the dealers that only got one or two that could use a couple more, different from what they already have. Get some manuals of any trim out to the east and central states. Just so folks have a chance to test drive and decide which of the two they prefer after driving (if they're not sure).

tknospdr
08-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Also, besides competing with the MX5, the Spider is also competing with the following cars that are geared towards more maintream buyers:

VW Beetle
VW EOS
Buick Casada

Plus these other cars:

Chevrolet Camaro
Ford Mustang

It is probably safe to say that all these cars are mainly sold with automatics. Taking that into account, having the first batch predominantly autos starts to make sense.
All of those are 4 seaters. Not a direct comparison.

Andree
08-04-2016, 05:18 PM

And that's been a problem or an asset for Fiat, most of the Fiats don't directly compare to anything else. AND, other automakers can't capture the buyers. Remember the Toyota iQ?

"Toyota only sold 2,040 iQs in the US in 2014 for a 50-percent drop"
via: http://www.4wheelsnews.com/auto/toyota-drops-scion-iq-in-the-us-after-dismal-sales-performance-34095.html

That was a small city car too. Last month Fiat sold 1,097 500s. That's better than half of what it took Toyota to sell in a whole year in 2014.

The four-seaters as convertibles might compete, if only from the convertible standpoint. But everything else is very different. Mustang convertible with ecoboost engine starts at $35K with a manual.

We just don't HAVE many two-seat convertibles to compare the 124 with. Other than the Miata, with whom it shares it's current roots. And even there, the Miata folks like the Fiat for what it is, and the Mazda for what it is. They aren't twins. Anymore than the 500x and the Renegade are twins.

The Fiat 124 Spider will find it's own audience, and I'm quite certain it will do well.

P.S. I see no reason why it can't be used as a daily car, a commuter car, a weekend car, all the regular categories that the 500 fits in. There's no reason why commuting can't be fun! Yes, it is wonderful to put the top down at the end of the work day, and let your spirit soar.

Lil Blue
08-04-2016, 07:01 PM
And that's been a problem or an asset for Fiat, most of the Fiats don't directly compare to anything else. AND, other automakers can't capture the buyers. Remember the Toyota iQ?

via: http://www.4wheelsnews.com/auto/toyota-drops-scion-iq-in-the-us-after-dismal-sales-performance-34095.html

That was a small city car too. Last month Fiat sold 1,097 500s. That's better than half of what it took Toyota to sell in a whole year in 2014.

The four-seaters as convertibles might compete, if only from the convertible standpoint. But everything else is very different. Mustang convertible with ecoboost engine starts at $35K with a manual.

We just don't HAVE many two-seat convertibles to compare the 124 with. Other than the Miata, with whom it shares it's current roots. And even there, the Miata folks like the Fiat for what it is, and the Mazda for what it is. They aren't twins.

You could always compare it to a <ugh> smart "car". :topsy_turvy: We liked the way the 124 looked, and probably could of made the storage/trunk worked...and probably would have traded in my Abarth that day for one if we could have just got comfortable in it. The one dealership has 2, and Northtowne only has 1.

CoachRick
08-04-2016, 07:08 PM

We just don't HAVE many two-seat convertibles to compare the 124 with. Other than the Miata, with whom it shares it's current roots. And even there, the Miata folks like the Fiat for what it is, and the Mazda for what it is. They aren't twins. Anymore than the 500x and the Renegade are twins.

The Fiat 124 Spider will find it's own audience, and I'm quite certain it will do well.

P.S. I see no reason why it can't be used as a daily car, a commuter car, a weekend car, all the regular categories that the 500 fits in. There's no reason why commuting can't be fun! Yes, it is wonderful to put the top down at the end of the work day, and let your spirit soar.
I did this for a few years in our '91 Miata...finish tennis lessons at 9pm, drop the top and take the long way home to relax!!! Now, it's retirement and it's the hard top of the C70 and the corners aren't as much fun; but the feeling is still pretty nice. Life's too short NOT to have a convertible!!! :)

Fiat500USA
08-04-2016, 07:14 PM

I'm just reporting the cars the company specifically targeted as competitors in the segment.;)

tknospdr
08-04-2016, 07:18 PM
I'm just reporting the cars the company specifically targeted as competitors in the segment.;)
And that just emphasizes my point that FCA is out of touch with who it thinks wants it's cars.
I may have a very interesting story to tell on Sunday.

Fiat500USA
08-04-2016, 08:14 PM
And that just emphasizes my point that FCA is out of touch with who it thinks wants it's cars.
I may have a very interesting story to tell on Sunday.
Sounds good.

Who would you say they should be targeting?

Robert Nixon
08-04-2016, 08:48 PM
I don't know that they are out of touch, they just happened to list what are probably the top selling convertibles in the US regardless of number of seats.

To compare a different way, what other two seater convertibles can you buy?

Miata
Jaguar F-Type
Audi TT (I don't even know how many seats it has)
BMW Z (soon to be the Z5)
etc.

Other than the Miata, the two seaters are starting up around $50,000 plus or minus.

Apples and Oranges, whatever.

Andree
08-04-2016, 10:00 PM
You could always compare it to a <ugh> smart "car". :topsy_turvy: We liked the way the 124 looked, and probably could of made the storage/trunk worked...and probably would have traded in my Abarth that day for one if we could have just got comfortable in it. The one dealership has 2, and Northtowne only has 1.

I think I'm too short for the 124. And I noticed I'd never be able to read the mph on the speedometer.

Officer: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
Me: "Not a clue, can't see the speedometer."

I now have regular bifocal sunglasses for my 2013 500, but on the way here to Arizona, I had my reading glasses hanging off the end of my nose.

i want BIG numbers of the digital kind.

Lil Blue
08-05-2016, 06:01 AM
That's one of the reasons why I like both of ours...they have the "old school" speedometer along with the digital. When the sun hits the dash...can't see the digital read outs. Probably why I'm so drawn to the Austin Healey Sprite...because it is old school....toggle switch on the dash for turn signals, push button start. Heck..even killed it twice when I first tried to get going because I've gotten "spoiled" with the Abarth. I don't know why I couldn't get comfortable in the 124, but I was super comfortable in the Sprite...but I was, and here I thought I could never get comfortable in a car that low. Now I hope they don't go up in value before we're ready to get one. The 124 is a good car for those that want an affordable 2 seater with Italian style. Even the initial response from reviewers are liking it.

ItzBitz
08-05-2016, 07:10 AM

Yes that is exactly what I do even in this 100 degree weather. Once the sun is on the horizon, it is bearable and such a blast to drive home from work each day!

tknospdr
08-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Sounds good.

Who would you say they should be targeting?
Well, their studio marketing materials say they should be marketing to people 55+ with a mean income of 100k per year or more.
If that's the case I think they are competing with the TT (which by the way is a 2 seater) and the Z4/5.
But I don't think that IS the case.

I think they should be marketing to folks with a little extra income in the 30+ market. People that want to have fun in a car. It's not a practical car, so it's an enthusiast's choice. Most enthusiasts want to row their own. In that case it makes sense to have a higher proportion of manuals than the overall market bears.
I don't know about other specific makes and models but while the overall market is 2 to 3% manual, Corvette's are around 25% manual. And THAT is a car that I believe due to it's price is mostly a more mature audience's car. And look at the number of rowers there.

That being said, I think the Spider should be north of 25% manuals.

Just my .06 cents (adjusted for inflation)

Simmonz
08-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Well, their studio marketing materials say they should be marketing to people 55+ with a mean income of 100k per year or more.
If that's the case I think they are competing with the TT (which by the way is a 2 seater) and the Z4/5.

I think they should be marketing to folks with a little extra income in the 30+ market. People that want to have fun in a car. It's not a practical car, so it's an enthusiast's choice. Most enthusiasts want to row their own. In that case it makes sense to have a higher proportion of manuals than the overall market bears.
I don't know about other specific makes and models but while the overall market is 2 to 3% manual, Corvette's are around 25% manual. And THAT is a car that I believe due to it's price is mostly a more mature audience's car. And look at the number of rowers there.

Viper's are 100% manuals!...though they are stopping production of them.. SAVE THE MANUALS, BUY A VIPER!

tknospdr
08-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Viper's are 100% manuals!...though they are stopping production of them.. SAVE THE MANUALS, BUY A VIPER!
If I could afford one...

Robert Nixon
08-05-2016, 11:11 AM
OK, all Vipers are standard, so since they start at only $87,000 I'll pick up a few on the way home from work today!

Ferrari's are 100% automatic, so you can argue that one either way!

Like it or not, a huge company like FIAT Chrysler has to go with the market demand for the most part, and that's why we see so few standards in the US.

Simmonz
08-05-2016, 01:16 PM
OK, all Vipers are standard, so since they start at only $87,000 I'll pick up a few on the way home from work today!

Ferrari's are 100% automatic, so you can argue that one either way!

Like it or not, a huge company like FIAT Chrysler has to go with the market demand for the most part, and that's why we see so few standards in the US.

If your going to pick up a few you could just drop one off at my house. Ill keep real good care of it! ;-)
In the UK manuals are still a large % of vehicles. Here a very small number of people even know how to drive them and and even smaller number actually drive them. The way I see it I'll be driving a manual till I physically can't anymore.

randY49
08-05-2016, 01:16 PM

I'd have to agree. Also, factor into this equation that the 50+ crowd are the ones that came up with "Fix It Again...". The younger audience doesn't have the bad anecdotes from times past in their memory. I'm not saying this should be a manual-only by any means, but I would guess the manual mix for the Miata is even higher than 25% and I would bet the 124 will follow.

morrisg
08-06-2016, 12:50 AM
So few people know how to drive a manual transmission that you don't have to put the top up and lock the car when it's a manual! jestera

Andree
08-06-2016, 01:24 AM

Marketing materials. I never saw those when I worked in autos.

The 124 is for whomever likes it, wants it, and can buy it. Right NOW, they're all new. But they're still not that expensive in comparison to the cost of living in places like San Francisco Bay Area and New York City and Vancouver. Tech workers can easily afford a 124. Bonus, they'd probably know what all the features are in the UConnect 7.0 and want to use them. haha.

I'm in the age range, but have NO interest in a complex radio system. The more complex it gets, the more annoyed I am. Just give me a CD slot and Sirius Satellite radio and I'm set.

So I'd be pinpointing tech savvy consumers, and that may well be a younger group. Anyone who had computers in school.

And I'd think young people, heading off to college or just out of college with a good job would be interested. And you just KNOW some high school kids will get them as presents from mummy and daddy.

Convertibles are attractive to all ages. I would never exclude anyone on the basis of age as being a potential buyer/owner. Even the little kid will grow up in a few years, and may be itching to get one just like the one they saw at the dealership way back when. And the folks who can't afford it right now might be able to afford it in 5-10 years as a used vehicle.

With people like myself who drive infrequently, I have an almost four year old 500 with just 7,000 miles. It's not worth as much as a new car these days, but it IS almost as good as new! And there are 500s on the market just like that. As there will be 124s on the market eventually. Everyone is a potential customer, now, in the future, maybe not even born yet people.

Five years from now they'll be back from leases and perhaps being traded in on the new one. Then they hit the broad market.

Hangman0327
08-07-2016, 03:00 PM
The good news, Fiat is back on the North Shore of Boston and they got in a Spider. ..
Bad news the sticker price was $31K they added $4K to the price for "Market adjustment "
I haven't taken it for a test drive yet. I just stopped in yesterday because I was in the area.... sure is pretty with the tan seats, but I like my Nero color better on '13 Abarth. .. I forget the OEM name but it is metallic flake... Bellisimo

http://www.herbchamberschryslerofdanvers.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-2d0449af0a0e0a6b5e67fb3e8d1aea89.htm

Andree
08-07-2016, 06:00 PM
The good news, Fiat is back on the North Shore of Boston and they got in a Spider. ..
Bad news the sticker price was $31K they added $4K to the price for "Market adjustment "
I haven't taken it for a test drive yet. I just stopped in yesterday because I was in the area.... sure is pretty with the tan seats, but I like my Nero color better on '13 Abarth. .. I forget the OEM name but it is metallic flake... Bellisimo

http://www.herbchamberschryslerofdanvers.com/new/FIAT/2017-FIAT-124+Spider-2d0449af0a0e0a6b5e67fb3e8d1aea89.htm

It's still covered with plastic. I don't think they're going to let anyone test drive it. haha But there does have to be something for people to test drive, and I don't mean joyride, I mean serious buyers.

What I don't like is they are misrepresenting the vehicle by claiming the MSRP is $35,335, when the linked window sticker states $31,335. It's called lying. If they want to have a higher price, fine, but do not misrepresent the vehicle as having a higher msrp. It doesn't have the Premium Package, it has the Safety and Comfort Collection and the automatic transmission.

Can't say I care much for places that blatantly lie.

CoachRick
08-07-2016, 06:43 PM
It's still covered with plastic. I don't think they're going to let anyone test drive it. haha But there does have to be something for people to test drive, and I don't mean joyride, I mean serious buyers.

What I don't like is they are misrepresenting the vehicle by claiming the MSRP is $35,335, when the linked window sticker states $31,335. It's called lying. If they want to have a higher price, fine, but do not misrepresent the vehicle as having a higher msrp. It doesn't have the Premium Package, it has the Safety and Comfort Collection and the automatic transmission.

WHOLE bunch of Miatas and S2000s were sold sight unseen back in the olden days. I would imagine more than a couple of 124s will be sold the same way.

Market adjustment? Hmmm....

Southernroadrunner
08-07-2016, 07:54 PM

I know the Toyota dealer where I live blows each one up 2k. Guess they just automaticly think everyone needs paint sealer and cloth protection on their cars without asking first. Have to go several miles to find one without the addendum sticker added
And how about those crazy so called DOC fees they hit us all with. That's all profit. Oh well.

Hangman0327
08-07-2016, 08:42 PM

They have the sticker price off the window and on the dash, but in the place of where the sticker price should be, they have the sticker price and then a line item for the $4K Mark up so it's not lying as they do have it clearly marked on the lot (unless it's misrepresented online)

This dealer just added Fiat to their Chrysler Jeep lot , though they ( Herb Chambers ) have a stand alone Fiat Studio west of Boston too.... I'm not in the market for the Spi9, just want to test drive one... I'm hoping in a couple of years after my daughter is done with college to find a pre owned Abarth Spider...

Though it's going to have to be really something special to get me out of my Abarth 500c

Hangman0327
08-07-2016, 08:48 PM
WHOLE bunch of Miatas and S2000s were sold sight unseen back in the olden days. I would imagine more than a couple of 124s will be sold the same way.

Supply and demand I guess, but if I was in the market I'd fly out or drive out of my way to save that markup

itsawgood
08-07-2016, 11:22 PM
It's all negotiable!!!! As far as doc fees and etc. Make your offers 'out the door'. Everything!! Taxes, doc included. That way, no surprise. Hold strong to your offer and walk away, don't give in. Always go.last day of month or year, even better.

jguerdat
08-08-2016, 08:28 AM

Yup. I bought my '01 S2000 from a dealer who wouldn't mark up but left it at MSRP (same dealership series that also offered the original NSX at MSRP instead of as much as $100k). The dealer I'd been buying cars from offered me a "special" ONLY 8% over sticker instead of their usual 20% (I think - I forget). Another dealer wouldn't even let us open/close the aluminum hood on the showroom floor.

I'll pay MSRP but not a premium. Let the silliness subside first.

Sammy124
08-08-2016, 01:01 PM
I know the Toyota dealer where I live blows each one up 2k. Guess they just automaticly think everyone needs paint sealer and cloth protection on their cars without asking first. Have to go several miles to find one without the addendum sticker added
And how about those crazy so called DOC fees they hit us all with. That's all profit. Oh well.

In "over-regulated" California, the Document Preparation Fees are limited to $80 by law and are pretty much not negotiable. You negotiate the price but that is in there no matter way. On a $30k+ car, I'm not going to spend time haggling over $80.

CoachRick
08-08-2016, 02:05 PM
Yup. I bought my '01 S2000 from a dealer who wouldn't mark up but left it at MSRP (same dealership series that also offered the original NSX at MSRP instead of as much as $100k). The dealer I'd been buying cars from offered me a "special" ONLY 8% over sticker instead of their usual 20% (I think - I forget). Another dealer wouldn't even let us open/close the aluminum hood on the showroom floor.

I'll pay MSRP but not a premium. Let the silliness subside first.

People do crazy things, I reckon. Back when the S2000 first came out, there were none in Atlanta for the first few days(at least not what this customer wanted). This fellow flew to Orlando and paid $3K over sticker to pick up his baby and drive it back to ATL. I got this story from the F&I person at a LARGE Honda dealer. She was so upset, she could hardly concentrate on her tennis lesson...But, BOY, she was hitting the ball with a vengeance!!!

Sammy124
08-08-2016, 02:08 PM

They have the sticker price off the window and on the dash, but in the place of where the sticker price should be, they have the sticker price and then a line item for the $4K Mark up so it's not lying as they do have it clearly marked on the lot (unless it's misrepresented online)

This dealer just added Fiat to their Chrysler Jeep lot , though they ( Herb Chambers ) have a stand alone Fiat Studio west of Boston too.... I'm not in the market for the Spi9, just want to test drive one... I'm hoping in a couple of years after my daughter is done with college to find a pre owned Abarth Spider...

Though it's going to have to be really something special to get me out of my Abarth 500c
I took a peek at that Spider. Don't you think they'd want to WASH that Spider before snapping pictures of it for sale?

BTW, it says MSRP $35,335 on their website which is very misleading given the link to the Chrysler site clearly shows $4,000 less. An unaware buyer, and there's a few, would get taken on this deal.

I too do not like this underhanded sales strategy. I walked out of a dealership when the salesperson tried to tell me a markup like that is asset protection for me.. I said how's removing $3,000 from my bank account protecting my assets?

The salesmanager called me and when I told him why I left, which is because they're running a crooked dealership he said that I wasn't a legitimate buyer! A week later, I was legitimately driving a brand new Lusso and not from that dealer!

Sammy124
08-08-2016, 02:39 PM

OCFIAT in Costa Mesa, CA did this to me. I drove the car I liked on Saturday and by Monday they had applied a decal stripe on the bottom to the tune of $600 over MSRP. They didn't even get the stripe on parallel with the body line on the door and whether I left it on or had them took it off they weren't going to talk about taking the $600 off although they didn't really take issue with waiving the charge for the "Paint Protection"

I located another exact copy at Palm Springs FIAT at exact MSRP and they quickly, and without any hassle at all, took off the $3,000 "Desert Protection".

Orange Coast contacted me a day after I completed the deal with Palm Springs (Both are about the same distance from me and buying in Palm Springs keeps the sales tax in MY county), asking if I was still interested whereupon I told them that I already bought mine at straight sticker with no unwanted extras and add-ons. OC FIAT is still sitting on one (http://www.ocfiat.com/inventory/New-2017-FIAT-124_Spider-Lusso-JC1NFAEK1H0103571/) of the two they had last month. They have a pretty large selection as can be seen on their site.. as

Sammy124
08-08-2016, 04:04 PM
does Palm Springs FIAT (http://www.fiatusaofpalmsprings.com/new-inventory/index.htm?saveFacetState=true&year=2017&normalDriveLine=&normalExteriorColor=&normalInteriorColor=&normalInteriorMaterial=&normalTransmission=&redirectFromMissingVDP=true&lastFacetInteracted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-year-3) so I'm not so sure that they're selling like crazy or not.

I usually buy vehicles down around advertised "invoice" (not talking about hold back here) but in this case, the markup from invoice to MSRP is not a lot, I think about $1,500 or so, and no dealer I know of is going below MSRP right now. I did get the $500 FCA cash though.

After getting the car, I applied 303 Fabric Guard to the top, 303 Aerospace Protectorant to the rubber and Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze to the paint for about $40 and I still have mostly full bottles of the product.. I'm good!

Hangman0327
08-13-2016, 09:54 AM
I took a peek at that Spider. Don't you think they'd want to WASH that Spider before snapping pictures of it for sale?

BTW, it says MSRP $35,335 on their website which is very misleading given the link to the Chrysler site clearly shows $4,000 less. An unaware buyer, and there's a few, would get taken on this deal.

I too do not like this underhanded sales strategy. I walked out of a dealership when the salesperson tried to tell me a markup like that is asset protection for me.. I said how's removing $3,000 from my bank account protecting my assets?

The salesmanager called me and when I told him why I left, which is because they're running a crooked dealership he said that I wasn't a legitimate buyer! A week later, I was legitimately driving a brand new Lusso and not from that dealer!

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23001&stc=1
I stopped by to take a picture of the original sticker and the hand written one now on the driver side window with the $4K market adjustment. The original sticker is no longer on the dashboard, it appears to be tucked away out of sight.
I decided to go in and ask them about the " Market Adjustment " and they said it was to keep someone from buying the Spider and then reselling it a few months later for a profit. ....
As I said before they have a stand alone studio out near Worcester, Ma. And they claim that they have done the same to the Spiders there, but the Classica at that Studio I saw online was not marked up. .
I walked out , I really want to take one for a test drive , but this sort of sales makes me sick.

mickmarkredd
08-13-2016, 10:37 AM
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22733&stc=1

Cool how was it? thinking of getting one soon.

Southernroadrunner
08-13-2016, 10:52 AM
I stopped by to take a picture of the original sticker and the hand written one now on the driver side window with the $4K market adjustment. The original sticker is no longer on the dashboard, it appears to be tucked away out of sight.
I decided to go in and ask them about the " Market Adjustment " and they said it was to keep someone from buying the Spider and then reselling it a few months later for a profit. ....
As I said before they have a stand alone studio out near Worcester, Ma. And they claim that they have done the same to the Spiders there, but the Classica at that Studio I saw online was not marked up. .
I walked out , I really want to take one for a test drive , but this sort of sales makes me sick.

I kinda find this all interesting because I thought by most laws the original window sticker was suppose to be in sight on the window and really not removed until the sale was completed but I'm sure someone on here can confirm that theory or tell it's incorrect

itsawgood
08-13-2016, 11:31 AM
Msrp. Manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price. They suggest you pay higher. I never go near any dealer with this add on sticker of any kind. They can charge whatever they want, I can shop wherever I want. When you negotiate your deals buying your car, ONLY negotiate out the door pricing. So they can't add misc BS to the bottom.

Andree
08-13-2016, 01:51 PM

Door in the Face technique, psych 101:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door-in-the-face_technique

Basically, if all the cars have a dealer mark-up, folks will be glad to pay MSRP.

ItzBitz
08-13-2016, 08:06 PM
Cool how was it? thinking of getting one soon.

I absolutely am loving it. I had been driving a 500c since 2012 and it was a really nice car when paired with my motorcycle. Unfortunately, an inattentive driver ran a traffic signal and totaled my Gold Wing. Wife said no more motorcycles for me. The 124 Spider is the perfect replacement, providing ample acceleration and massive creature comforts and technology. We couldn't be happier.

Before the accident: 23015 After the pickup truck ran over the front of the bike: 23016

Fiat500USA
08-13-2016, 11:29 PM
I absolutely am loving it. I had been driving a 500c since 2012 and it was a really nice car when paired with my motorcycle. Unfortunately, an inattentive driver ran a traffic signal and totaled my Gold Wing. Wife said no more motorcycles for me. The 124 Spider is the perfect replacement, providing ample acceleration and massive creature comforts and technology. We couldn't be happier.

Before the accident: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23015&stc=1 After the pickup truck ran over the front of the bike: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23016&stc=1

Wow, that must have been some experience. Hope you guys were alright. Between the roads and the inattentive drivers around here, it has taken the fun out of riding for my wife and I.
Congratulations on your Spider! The plus side is you don't have to pack rain gear!

Fiat500USA
08-13-2016, 11:34 PM

I would bet they'll have that percentage, if not more. Of course, we do need to give the factory time to ramp up and it does take some time to get the cars from Japan.

morrisg
08-14-2016, 02:59 PM
Did you see the article about how many Corvettes are built with manuals? 23%….for Corvette owners. Yeah, I think Miatas and Fiat 124s will both be more than that.

Andree
08-14-2016, 03:21 PM
Did you see the article about how many Corvettes are built with manuals? 23%….for Corvette owners. Yeah, I think Miatas and Fiat 124s will both be more than that.

The 124 and Miata are immensely flingable. Priced nicely. But that doesn't change the fact that overcrowded metro areas exist with heavy traffic and no open roads for miles. It's then the automatic may be preferred.

ItzBitz
08-14-2016, 04:50 PM
The 124 and Miata are immensely flingable. Priced nicely. But that doesn't change the fact that overcrowded metro areas exist with heavy traffic and no open roads for miles. It's then the automatic may be preferred.

Yes, Yes this is why I gave up my manual shift days after enjoying them for 17 years. It was no longer any fun to drive the metro roads with all the traffic. My auto box with the manual option still fits the need when I am away from the high traffic city stop and go while offering a pleasing auto ride in traffic.

DowneasTTer
08-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Ah, the other issue "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak". After only owning manuals for over 45 years, I now have only one in the stable. Gurgle, my 01 Audi TT Quattro Roaster. Adder, the Abarth C, Max the smart for two (ok it's technically an automated manual) and Livingston, my Riatla motorhome are all without a third pedal. I remember having four pedals back in the day. My 50's Morgan had a fourth pedal to lub the front end.... How many remember those days?:)

Trunkout
08-14-2016, 05:09 PM
Every once in a while (a lot lately), I must comment:
SAVE the manuals!

mrbreeze
09-07-2016, 02:02 PM
I have been gone for a while, added some new metal a 2017 Ftype R and my Brittney (it is called the brit mobile) got her own car for year old birthday a 2016 mini cooper S ( she cannot drive a stick her paws are a problem) 4 door hardtop. I could not stay away so I am in the process of buying a gearshift Lussa, color combo to match my 430 coupe. Yes us old guys still like to row our own. looking forward to getting, though had to get it from the other coast.

melanzane
09-17-2016, 06:26 PM
I do not know why people do not shop for new cars in other states if local dealers are trying to gouge them. It is SOOO easy to buy a new car now over the phone and with FedEx. Even if it costs $500-$1000 to ship the car to you, it could still likely be a savings versus purchasing from a gouging local dealer.

I've bought 5 cars over the last few years from out of state sellers and had no problems at all with shipping. I also sold 3 500s and shipped out of state and all arrived safely.

If you look at out of the way or rural markets, they are much more willing to deal.

AND best part with a new car is your local dealer is required to deal with any warranty/recall issues. So you have practically no risk from buying out of state. Some dealers provide rental cars during service if you purchased from them, but the 2 FIAT dealers in my market never offered that, so there was literally no incentive to buy from them.

DON'T BE AFRAID PEOPLE -- CAST A WIDE NET AND SAVE BIGGER $$$ :)

itsawgood
09-17-2016, 11:05 PM
I do not know why people do not shop for new cars in other states if local dealers are trying to gouge them. It is SOOO easy to buy a new car now over the phone and with FedEx. Even if it costs $500-$1000 to ship the car to you, it could still likely be a savings versus purchasing from a gouging local dealer.

I've bought 5 cars over the last few years from out of state sellers and had no problems at all with shipping. I also sold 3 500s and shipped out of state and all arrived safely.

If you look at out of the way or rural markets, they are much more willing to deal.

AND best part with a new car is your local dealer is required to deal with any warranty/recall issues. So you have practically no risk from buying out of state. Some dealers provide rental cars during service if you purchased from them, but the 2 FIAT dealers in my market never offered that, so there was literally no incentive to buy from them.

DON'T BE AFRAID PEOPLE -- CAST A WIDE NET AND SAVE BIGGER $$$ :)

I shop 48 states, except I love to fly and go get her. Fun trip in your brand new car, or motorcycle

domdil
09-19-2016, 12:52 PM
Its been selling pretty well at my studio here in Vancouver. It's really all about getting people to drive one, they always fall in love with it. Great classic design, and very good driving dynamics for a roadster.