PDA

View Full Version : Meet Geppetto! My new Trekking Plus!

AdzM
07-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Hi all!

I just got my new 500X Trekking Plus (his name is Geppetto) with all the gizmos last week after waiting two months for it's everything I could imagine and more! I thought I'd take the time to make my first official post after lurking in the dark for the past month or so! Here's what he looks like!

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22622&stc=1http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22621&stc=1http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22618&stc=1http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22620&stc=1http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22619&stc=1

I've been driving it back and forth around the city to work and it's been great. Still getting used to accelerating in a way where I don't feel the gear shifts as much (there are times that it's pretty noticeable); it's not something that bothers me too much however. I did some highway driving over the weekend and was really impressed, didn't even notice how fast I was going half the time.

If anyone is looking to buy a 500X fully loaded I'd say all the tech is really cool and works well so far. I've found it quite eye opening how many times the lane keep assist kicks in and moves me back where I'm supposed to be. I haven't tested the forward collision warning and I don't think I will be anytime soon! For anyone looking to buy a new 500X, all the driving aids are really helpful and cool to use but if you're trying to be budget conscious they all aren't needed.

I do have some questions that have come up in my head the last week driving that maybe I could get some help with:

- My 500X was a factory order so is it safe to assume that all the updates have been applied to it before it was delivered?
- Can someone explain to me how the automatic climate control works with remote start? Is there something I have to turn on in order for it to adjust the climate controls?
- Sometimes I notice the gas peddle to vibrate a bit while driving (I think that's the best way for me to describe it) I usually just lift my foot off push back down and it's gone but is that normal?
- And lastly, any tips on general maintenance considering this is my first car!

Fiat500USA
07-13-2016, 12:15 AM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your car. Nice looking X!

- My 500X was a factory order so is it safe to assume that all the updates have been applied to it before it was delivery?
Updates are suppose to be done before you take delivery. Occasionally an update will come out, that's one of the reasons it is a good idea to visit the dealer at some point for maintenance at least during the warranty period. Dealers can apply these updates when you go in.

- Can someone explain to me how the automatic climate control works with remote start? Is there something I have to turn on in order for it to adjust the climate controls?

I looked through the manuals briefly, but didn't see a lot on this. Did you try to see if the climate control turns on referencing the last temperature set before turning the car off? Under a certain temperature the heated steering wheel comes on, but I don't recall what else comes on (my wife drives the car and uses the feature).

- Sometimes I notice the gas peddle to vibrate a bit while driving (I think that's the best way for me to describe it) I usually just lift my foot off push back down and it's gone but is that normal?
Interesting. I've never noticed this. Maybe someone else has felt this?

- And lastly, any tips on general maintenance considering this is my first car!

That's really cool! One of the important things is to be familiar checking the fluid levels. Checking the oil and coolant regularly on a car is important. The User Guide tells you a lot about checking and maintaining things and the operation of the car, so I would definitely recommend reading that, and also check out the owners manual. Nearly everything you need to know is in those manuals, so reading them is time well invested.

You can get paper manuals for your convenience by calling the FIAT Call Center at 1-888-CIAO-FIAT (1-888-242-6342).

You can down load them here: http://www.fiatusa.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html

Andree
07-13-2016, 01:40 AM
Welcome and congratulations on your 500X. That's a great blue, sometimes it looks like a glossy navy, other times a bright blue. Glad you were able to get all the safety features, I think those would be incredible to have on every car! But you have to start somewhere, and getting them on YOUR car will help to protect YOU and will help others on the road too.

It would be nice to say no one needs the safety features, but even if YOU are the best driver in the world, that won't stop someone else from pulling out in front of you from a parking spot because they didn't see you. Whether it's on a roadway or in a parking lot, so many of the little fender benders occur from such things. Your car will save you and the other driver from a whole lot of headaches. And that's good for all of us.

Do you have any road trips planned for summer or autumn?

randY49
07-13-2016, 09:29 AM
Congrats on the new X! I hadn't noticed before how much the blue changes in different lighting, very nice. I also love the saddle interior.

1) As stated above, the studio is supposed to do this before delivery, but there are a few posts on here (as well as my own X) that did not have all the updates done prior to delivery.
3) I've not noticed any pedal vibration in my X.
4) Don't forget to check tire pressure and rotate the tires as required.

Enjoy!

Trunkout
07-13-2016, 09:54 AM
I don't personally WANT leather seats... But MY GOD that tan is SO SEXY!!

Amacento
07-13-2016, 09:54 AM
Welcome & congrats!

ricnun86
07-13-2016, 09:58 AM
those seats are THE seats!!!! congratulations!

Robert Nixon
07-13-2016, 10:28 AM
Congrats on the X, love the blue color!

Welcome to the forum!

pr0d1gy9
07-13-2016, 10:34 AM
Congrats on the X! it looks sweet and I like the color combo.

I think the vibration in the pedal is from it being drive by wire. I have noticed this quite a bit in my 2012 Abarth and the only thing I can think of is the system is picking up engine noise (EMI) which in turn causes the system to induce fluctuations on the pedal.

EDIT: so I would say that the pedal vibration is normal (within spec). if you start feeling lose of power or jumpiness in acceleration then get it back to your dealer asap. Mine has not affected performance or driveability in the least

5port
07-13-2016, 10:38 AM
I love that Blue! Any new car you should keep close track of the oil level for the first couple thousand miles during break-in. Enjoy your new X!

pkgmsu2000
07-13-2016, 11:25 AM
congrats and welcome :-)

Southernroadrunner
07-13-2016, 11:49 AM
Very nice

Sabai
07-13-2016, 01:17 PM
Gorgeous combination of blue exterior w/ brown leather interior. Thanks for sharing those pictures. Looking forward to any updates regarding how you like the car and the various technology features.

datasage
07-13-2016, 02:29 PM
The brown leather works very well with the trekking matte interior.

AdzM
07-14-2016, 02:52 PM
When I was telling my parents all the assists that came with the car they kind of laughed and said "you don't need all that in a car" (my dad in particular). Now that it's here though and they see it all work and how convenient it is, they're amazed haha! It does give me piece of mind having the technology and gives me a few less things to worry about while I'm driving, especially if I'm driving alone! :)

Road trips this summer hmm... I'll probably pile everyone in and go camping or to the beach a few times. I'm in Canada from the Toronto area so I will be getting out of the city when possible for sure! Defiantly will take pictures of how the trunk works out with a whole bunch of gear in it!

PS - Thanks everyone for all the compliments on the color and the interior!

Sales@Tork
07-14-2016, 03:52 PM
Congrats on your purchase of your first car! Super exciting !
Also, welcome to the forum! Glad to have you :)

Check us out, let me know if you need anything !

Gina

Chris Armstrong
07-15-2016, 03:49 PM
Way to go. You will love the seats the more you drive. On the Updates, I had three due buy the time I had my first oil change so always ask. I have one more to go. There is one out there that will smoooooth the trans out.