PDA

View Full Version : 2.4L 500x Cold air intake

Fiatkingx
06-30-2016, 01:47 PM
Has anyone figured out what cold air intakes fit the 500x 2.4 besides the madness intakes, do you know if injen has any. I know that the renegade and the dart share the same engine, but idk if you can use the intake on the 500x,

Has anyone successfully installed a CAI on their 2.4 X?

Thanks

Fiatkingx

pkgmsu2000
06-30-2016, 02:00 PM
unfortunately, im finding very little in the CAI department for both 1.4T and 2.4 X. i just checked K&N's site and they dont have a short ram available yet...

on the 1.4T side, we are politely hounding a couple of vendors to offer a sealed intake system like the one you can find for the 500 Abarth. unfortunately, we seem to be in a holding pattern on a lot of performance mods until there is more X's on the road and more demand for mods.

Fiatkingx
06-30-2016, 02:17 PM
This does seem to be the general trend, there isn't enough market demand yet for performance parts! I hope it'll open up a bit soon.

I wish I had gotten the 6mt, but in Va you need the awd with all of the terrible weather.

How does it drive/perform tho.

Thanks,
Fiatkingx

pkgmsu2000
06-30-2016, 02:28 PM
This does seem to be the general trend, there isn't enough market demand yet for performance parts! I hope it'll open up a bit soon.

I wish I had gotten the 6mt, but in Va you need the awd with all of the terrible weather.

How does it drive/perform tho.

Thanks,
Fiatkingx

i hear ya about needing the AWD in VA... here in Colorado, i am dealing with crazy weather, mountain roads, and elevation at 5280 in Denver on a daily basis. we go from 50 to 100 degrees in a day, with rain, thunder snow, hail you name it! i test drove the 2.4L AWD hoping it would be a good small SUV mountain car for snowboarding, hiking, etc, but unfortunately i discovered that the 2.4L was gasping for air at elevation and combination of extra weight due to AWD and 4-cylinder was just not a good combo. the 1.4T and manual trans handles everything great, but i did have to sacrifice AWD for FWD. im not sure the rumoured X Abarth with 1.75T will be a good fit for AWD either, as im in the camp of thinking AWD requires minimum 2.0T to handle the curb weight.

Fiatkingx
06-30-2016, 02:39 PM
Yeah it seems that forced induction/turbocharged engines do a lot better at higher elevations than naturally aspirated engines! I might sacrifice the AWD for the abarth, I really hope it is tho, FWD isn't bad in the snow, a lot of times its up to the drivers skill level, and FWD is good for the snow because the weight is over the front transaxle and you get more pulling traction than pushing traction!.

I cant wait to visit colorado, i am actually going for a few days in august :D

Fiatkingx
06-30-2016, 02:39 PM
Btw, how does yours sound with the muffler delete, resonator ad and downpipes?

pkgmsu2000
06-30-2016, 02:44 PM
Yeah it seems that forced induction/turbocharged engines do a lot better at higher elevations than naturally aspirated engines! I might sacrifice the AWD for the abarth, I really hope it is tho, FWD isn't bad in the snow, a lot of times its up to the drivers skill level, and FWD is good for the snow because the weight is over the front transaxle and you get more pulling traction than pushing traction!.

I cant wait to visit colorado, i am actually going for a few days in august :D

lemme know if you will be in the denver area

Haring
08-31-2016, 09:34 AM
I was looking into intakes since I finally got my X. The Renegade engine bay looks to be almost identical. Wondering if this K&N intake for the Renegade would fit our X.

http://www.knfilters.com/cold_air_intake/2016/jeep/renegade/2.4l