PDA

View Full Version : Super quiet in the X subforum...

pkgmsu2000
06-29-2016, 01:08 PM
What's up ladies and gents?

Any new X owners that want to say hello? I am still technically new, as I just brought home my X Pop a few weeks ago on Memorial Day.

Any X owners with modding plans this summer?

Any plans for the 4th of July? I will be at Red Rocks outside of Denver taking in a Blues Traveler musical performance of 3 hours with ALL of Denver's fireworks going off in the backdrop.

MariaVII
06-30-2016, 11:42 AM
I still love my new Polpette (little meatball) despite her FCW system issue that FINALLY got resolved after 4 months.

She hasn't had too much adventure. but she did survive getting shot at by (I assume) some asshat kid who should find some meaningful hobby and put away the airsoft gun (she has a tiny, yet still unsightly scar on her left side).

I do wish she got better mileage. I haven't done much highway driving (maybe 55 miles/day - and only in the last month and half) and at 2700 miles, I have only approached averaging 23mpg on a tank of gas once or twice. Usually closer to 21. :-/

randY49
06-30-2016, 12:26 PM
Ruby suffered a fender-bender a couple of weeks ago. We just get her back from the shop on Tuesday and she's good as new. Needed a new front bumper cover, turn signal, and headlight.

Our "lifetime" mpg for the car (I keep track on Fuelly and have not missed a fuel-up) is 24.2 mpg with about 2500 miles tracked. I also expected it to be a little better, especially since over half of those miles are interstate, but it is spot-on the combined number they advertise, so I can't complain too much.

Fiatkingx
06-30-2016, 01:17 PM
Heyo,

I am working on the resonator delete mod, haven't gotten time to get to this mod but will do so soon and will get a video up!!

Hope you are all doing well! and enjoying your X.

Does anyone agree with me on this, the X drives incredibly well in rain, as if there was no rain on the road!

Fiat500USA
06-30-2016, 01:18 PM
The gas mileage usually bumps up around 3,000 miles so keep an eye on that. Highway driving definitely makes a big difference. We average in the low 30s on trips, but around town in the hilly area we live in we see about 24 mpg.

pkgmsu2000
06-30-2016, 01:55 PM
Heyo,

I am working on the resonator delete mod, haven't gotten time to get to this mod but will do so soon and will get a video up!!

Hope you are all doing well! and enjoying your X.

Does anyone agree with me on this, the X drives incredibly well in rain, as if there was no rain on the road!

im very interested in this resonator delete mod you speak of, thanks for sharing the details. in the area of exhaust upgrades for 1.4T, im currently researching (1) aftermarket catted downpipe to improve exhaust velocity, (2) Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, (3) muffler delete, and (4) modifying rear exhaust valence to accommodate a 2nd exhaust tip for that sexy dual exhaust tip look

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22450&stc=1

regarding the rain... what tires do you have? my OEM 215/60R16 tires dont seem to handle any situation on the road well, lol. im also researching 17x7.5 wheels and 245/45R17 tires to go wider and lower (down the road maybe lowering springs)

randY49
06-30-2016, 03:50 PM
The gas mileage usually bumps up around 3,000 miles so keep an eye on that. Highway driving definitely makes a big difference. We average in the low 30s on trips, but around town in the hilly area we live in we see about 24 mpg.
Do you have an AWD as well? Just curious for comparison sake. We finally eclipsed 30 mpg (30.7 to be exact) on a fill on our way home from the last camping trip we took, so I assumed it would keep improving.

Abarthboy
06-30-2016, 10:43 PM
Do you have an AWD as well? Just curious for comparison sake. We finally eclipsed 30 mpg (30.7 to be exact) on a fill on our way home from the last camping trip we took, so I assumed it would keep improving.

Best I have gotten on the highway is 31. Mileage for short trip errand running is pretty poor, a bit below 20, but overall mpg is pretty close to claimed numbers, even with a Go Pedal installed. My wife and I just came back from a long weekend trip to New York, and the X was great, both on the highway and driving in the city. I think it strikes a really nice balance between being big and tall enough to be super comfortable on the highway, yet responsive enough to get through traffic and twisty stuff.

Chris Armstrong
07-15-2016, 03:40 PM
What's up ladies and gents?

Any new X owners that want to say hello? I am still technically new, as I just brought home my X Pop a few weeks ago on Memorial Day.

Any X owners with modding plans this summer?

I am from up there but now on the Florida coast. I am going all out this fall with up grades. Would like to get 195-200hp out of this wagon.
Any plans for the 4th of July? I will be at Red Rocks outside of Denver taking in a Blues Traveler musical performance of 3 hours with ALL of Denver's fireworks going off in the backdrop.

I am from Denver but now on the coast. This fall I am pushing to get 200hp out of my 2.4. In the planning stages.

pkgmsu2000
07-15-2016, 06:58 PM
I am from Denver but now on the coast. This fall I am pushing to get 200hp out of my 2.4. In the planning stages.

road race turbo kit :-)

pkgmsu2000
02-22-2017, 11:22 AM
bump! what are you guys up to with your X these days???

Haring
02-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Just had my springs installed. Before the spacing when I got the 18" Forgestars wheels looked a little small for the X. Now they fit perfectly. Just need spacers on the back and then finish getting rid of the chrome/silver trim

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c218/andyhight/500X/X_spider_zps731upo61.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c218/andyhight/500X/X_springs_zpsxmenl4g3.jpg

5port
02-22-2017, 04:18 PM
Nice drop! Any change in the ride quality?

Fiatkingx
02-22-2017, 04:34 PM
When I get money the order will go like this..

RRM turbo kit
Body wrap/ window tints

Airrex air suspension
and vossens 19"

Haring
02-22-2017, 04:39 PM
Nice drop! Any change in the ride quality?

Not as stiff as stock and when first put on they were a little bouncy. Getting better and better everyday. Still haven't tried taking any corners. Hard to find any shops around here familiar with working on an X.

pkgmsu2000
02-22-2017, 06:35 PM
When I get money the order will go like this..

RRM turbo kit
Body wrap/ window tints

Airrex air suspension
and vossens 19"

the RRM turbo kit is absolutely the best value for 2.4L FCA vehicles. they have tons of them on the road now.

Anson500x
02-25-2017, 05:31 AM
Just driving to and from work, running errands on day off. That's about it. LOL

Thinking about taking the X on easy to mild off-road excursions in the suburbs or surrounding forests or hills or anything in the Midwest regions. I live in Chicago.

I also noticed after owning this vehicle that a lot of people are trying to get ahead of me. Wondering if it's me driving too slow trying to save a bit of gas or my Blu Venezia Trekking beautiful butt is blocking their views. hahaha