PDA

View Full Version : 500x easy lift gate problems

Brandee
06-13-2016, 03:23 PM
Hi. I have been having problems with my lift gate popping back open after I close it. Only occurs when it is full with groceries etc. Has anyone experienced this? It is never too full I have to force it shut, so I'm not sure what's happening.

randY49
06-13-2016, 04:20 PM
I had this happen once when I was carrying a dog kennel in the back. It popped open several times until I slid the kennel further into the vehicle and then it finally closed (I didn't think the kennel was in the way). It hasn't done it since that time, but I remember being quite annoyed.

When it does it again, open one of the rear doors and fold one of the seats down to see if you can see if it may be interfering with something. Maybe the handle is hitting something? If you can't see anything, sounds like it may be a trip to the studio.

5port
06-13-2016, 06:46 PM
Hi. I have been having problems with my lift gate popping back open after I close it. Only occurs when it is full with groceries etc. Has anyone experienced this? It is never too full I have to force it shut, so I'm not sure what's happening.

This was a problem in the early run of Xs last year. There was an update to the latch at some point. Your latch may never have been updated. I would see the dealer.