PDA

View Full Version : CEL with GoPedal

WileyCoyote
06-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Vehicle: 2014 500L Trekking 1.4L Turbo M/T: K&N Drop In Filter, Madness GoPedal

With the vehicle specifics out of the way here's my problem. A couple of days ago while accelerating to get on the freeway my CEL came on. Nothing seemed wrong when it happened so I when I got to my destination I turned off my vehicle then back on. The CEL didn't clear so I pulled the negative battery cable (side note: the quick release makes this super easy and is a cool feature) waited 10 secs then put it back and started the car and no CEL. The next day when accelerating up a hill it happened again. Not having the time I got home and forgot about it till today when I started my car and the light was on. I got my reader and the car was throwing the P0299 code and the same code pending. There were also a few other things like "2 misfire." P0299 is turbo underboost. So I played with it today after I got home

The both times it happened I had the GoPedal on "ECO" and the curve adjusted up +2. When I turn off the GoPedal and accelerate no CEL. My question is is the car reading underboost because I try to give it some gas on an adjusted Eco mode? Or does this sound like something I should take it in for? Or is there a workaround to make it stop throwing codes.

Trunkout
06-11-2016, 09:55 AM
Sound like a bad go pedal. I would remove it and anything else aftermarket and take it in.

WileyCoyote
06-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Sound like a bad go pedal. I would remove it and anything else aftermarket and take it in.

I was able to clear the CEL and it hasn't come up again yet. I'm going to test out if it's the Eco mode not liking my hard acceleration. Lots of tests to see what's happening.

Trunkout
06-12-2016, 05:51 PM
I had placed my pedal in now 5 different Fiats. Never a CEL.