PDA

View Full Version : Lounge vs Trekking - Stereo Question

johnner1999
05-28-2016, 07:27 AM
Thinking about picking up a 500x Lounge or Trekking... Question on the Lounge model - it says Premium Audio standard. I assume this isn't Beats, but what is "premium" about it over the Trekking? Or is it just fluff item bullet :-)

And anyone notice or suffer issues with sun glare due to the colored dash insert on the Lounge, vs the 'stone' textured dash insert used in Trekking?

thanks all

Fiat500USA
05-28-2016, 10:51 AM
Here is the Fiat 500X Beats Audio Speaker and component layout:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CMeD7Tqqfr8/V0mtu7_PyQI/AAAAAAAAugQ/v4Z_1FRJJFkVYv71E73n4oLkLLwbjn1qgCCo/s800/Fiat-500X-Beats-Speaker-layout.jpg

the premium nine speaker Beats® by Dre 506-watt system includes speakers in nine locations and an amplifier for the Uconnect® 6.5 radio.

Two 3.8 centimeter (1.5 inch) (1) diameter midrange tweeters located in the instrument panel
Two 16.5 centimeter (6.5 inch) speakers (2) located in the front door panels
Two 3.8 centimeter (1.5 inch) (3) diameter tweeters located in the rear door panels by the door handles
Two 16.5 centimeter (6.5 inch) speakers (4) located in the rear door panels
One subwoofer (6) located beneath the luggage compartment
One eight channel 506-watt power amplifier (5) located on the right side of the luggage compartment

I don't have info on the Premium system handy at the moment, but I'll see what I can find.

johnkatos
05-28-2016, 07:05 PM
We have a green lounge with package 1. The green dash looks great. The body color is low enough on the dash that I doubt that any reflections would be a problem, top of the dash is the same dark grey/black non-reflective vinyl. The audio is wonderful, and has the 6.5 inch uconnect display with 1 year of sirius xm. It also has the automatic temperature control with dual zone. Standard on the lounge also includes the heated front seats, power drivers seats and heated steering wheel. Also it has the parcel shelf cover in the rear. All of the optins can be ordered on the trekking, but if you get the same levels the lounge msrp is lower. Go to your dealers fiatusa website, not their regular site if they have it, mine was http://www.fiatusaoftinleypark.com/. Look at the models, select one and view the window sticker, compare the standard equipment and packages to help you decide.

carfreak09
05-28-2016, 11:57 PM
I looked at Lounge stickers at my local dealer just to see if it specified a "premium" audio and none of them did. What I did notice is that the Lounge comes with a 6.5" touchscreen with navigation standard whereas the Trekking comes with a 5" touchscreen and no navigation. I'd imagine this difference in screen size and the navigation is probably what denotes it as "premium" since the sticker doesn't specify premium speakers as it does on other Fiat cars that include them.

As for the colored dash piece, I have noticed it reflecting the sun really bad on one occasion, to the point I had to raise my hand to block the reflected sunlight as it was blinding me. That was just one occasion though. It was reflecting off of the piece to the left of the upper glovebox. I find the colored piece to be a nice addition though as it brings some much needed color to the interior. I find the chrome ring around the Fiat badge on the steering wheel to be much more distracting as it catches and reflects the sun quite often.

johnner1999
05-29-2016, 09:10 AM
thanks all!!!

agreed the window sticker doesn't say anything about Premium Sound.... but on the brochure it's a line item

page 30 -- http://mydigimag.rrd.com/publication/?i=261956

and now re-reading it - its seems a bit more confusing

randY49
05-31-2016, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure on that one. Does the Pop/Easy/Trekking have fewer speakers (I see Pop has 4 whereas Easy/Trekking have 6, but maybe Lounge has 8? I know that my Lounge has an option for "surround sound", maybe the others don't?

Personally, I like the look of the Trekking better than the Lounge, the front and rear fascia are different as well as the wheels which make it appear more capable. It does offer better approach and departure angles if that's a concern at all. However, the features on the Lounge are fantastic (and ultimately why we chose it). The 6.5" Uconnect system is really good and includes SXM as well as HD radio; the standard nav is nice too, plus you get a backup camera standard. They also just did an update to include Siri Eyes Free on the 6.5" unit if you're an iPhone user. If you're in a Northern climate, the heated seats and steering wheel are a huge bonus. If you want the looks of the Trekking and the features of the Lounge (and your budget allows), maybe check out a Trekking Plus?

I've never noticed any glare off the body-colored dash piece, but I also don't have a sunroof. I would imagine it could be a bigger issue with the sun shining directly on it from above.

Good luck!