PDA

View Full Version : Scottish 500's

junnyquest
05-15-2016, 02:37 AM
Nine colourful new Cinquecentos being delivered to Enterprise Car Rental at GLA airport on Friday in Glasgow, Scotland. I counted nine on the trailer, all right hand drive.

Actually, we saw them all over the city... And I wish we had rented two for our party, as the roads here are so freakin' narrow! The drive up to Oban was unnerving much of the way.

Fiat500USA
05-15-2016, 09:37 PM
Nice find! Between the narrow roads and driving on the other side of the road, I'm stressed just thinking about it! My Grandmother is from Glasgow. Post some pics when you can

Robert Nixon
05-16-2016, 09:45 PM
"If it's not Scottish, it's crap!"
Mike Myers character in one of his movies

junnyquest
05-20-2016, 04:30 AM
Nice find! Between the narrow roads and driving on the other side of the road, I'm stressed just thinking about it! My Grandmother is from Glasgow. Post some pics when you can

Lots of 500's. Not many Abarth's, but here's one in Oban.

Many roads here are 'single track', which is a one lane paved road, usually over hilly, winding country, for both directions of traffic. There are frequent wider places, but just long enough to allow you to pull off when opposing traffic is encountered. The other main roads are 'double track' for two way traffic. There are no shoulders here, except on their equivalent of our expressways near Edinburgh (pronounced ED-in-burr-a).

We took a trip across the sparsely populated Isle of Mull, all single track, on a tour bus! ...with opposing tour buses! So different from what we're used to. But Scotland is so beautiful! The people are so friendly...

Definitely coming back!

Tour bus crossing a single track bridge. Driver said any damage to the bus gets deducted from his pay.

junnyquest
05-20-2016, 04:39 AM
So many different cars here, too. Here's our rental car, a Hyundai i40 Estate.

Mokie
12-10-2016, 06:45 PM
Scotland is on my "have to visit" bucket list, after I hit up the Bovington Tank Museum.