PDA

View Full Version : tire recommendations

mopar_or_no_car
04-27-2016, 12:48 PM
I'm looking for some new summer tires in the 205-40-17 size that need to work well in dry and wet conditions. I live in south Florida and we get quite a bit of rain so wet performance is just as important as dry. Any feedback would help.

Robert Nixon
04-27-2016, 01:31 PM
welcome to the forum, hope you are enjoying the Abarth!

If you are looking for extreme performance summer tires that are also good in the wet, the Bridgestone Potenza RE71Rs are great! These are a very popular tire with the autocrossing set, so they may not be what you're looking for, since there are plenty of other tires that are cheaper.

I'll guess that you'll get several other suggestions from other members here too.

waygookin
05-03-2016, 03:19 PM
In for answers too for best Florida weather tires.

gundam2000
05-03-2016, 05:17 PM
I just purchased Falken Azenis 615K tires for the abarth 17 wheels. I absolutely love these things. I Have not driven in severely wet conditions but driving through standing water and normal rain was no problem.

texanbrit
05-20-2016, 12:10 PM
I just purchased Falken Azenis 615K tires for the abarth 17 wheels. I absolutely love these things. I Have not driven in severely wet conditions but driving through standing water and normal rain was no problem.

I've run 615ks for the last year and they are an awesome tire. Soft so not going to last all that long, mine are completely shot. They are not a good wet weather tire, but as long as you drive accordingly they are not dangerous.

Currently deciding whether I just want to run the same tires again this year. Might try Yokohamas, BF-Goodridge, or Michelins depending on what deals I find.

bryanintowson
05-21-2016, 08:30 AM
Can't speak to Abarth but for my Lounge, I have really liked the Firestone Firehawks.

JimmyTestarossa
05-21-2016, 09:26 AM
I live in Oregon so rain is not unknown and I am leaning towards the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 for my next set of rubber. NOT LRR (I hate those) and my experience with past Michelins has been very good. I am also considering the Yoko S-Drives as choice number two but I think the Michelins would better suit my needs.

I looked at Tire Racks selection for both 16" and 17" and I was surprised how many more tires are available in the 17" size. Of course I have 16" wheels...lucky me!

Dwaynek
05-21-2016, 09:31 AM
I have the Michelin sport A/S excellent in rain and much nicer than the zeros

mopar_or_no_car
05-22-2016, 12:42 PM
i ended up getting the bfg sport comp 2 summer tires(205-40r17). so far they seem like great tires for the 3 days I've had them. already got to test them in a pretty good downpour (thanks south florida) and they held very well. the dry performance is good, ive done a couple mid 3k launches and didn't spin too much(stock abarth), i think i may have felt the sidewall flex a little in some harder corners but the tires still held. i'll update in a while but i believe that I wont regret getting these tires.