PDA

View Full Version : Rear wiper replacement

500X_JML
04-25-2016, 04:48 PM
Found this post in the FIAT 500L DIY forum and thought I would post it here as the photos are pretty helpful. The 500X has a similar, if not the same, rear wiper system and was actually the first to use such. The one thing though is the part is not readily available on-line.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?24411-How-to-perform-500L-rear-wiper-replacement&highlight=liftgate

5port
04-25-2016, 05:24 PM
Thanks for this excellent how-to. On the subject of rain I found way too much water retention in general on all of the windows on the X (mostly side and rear). I cleaned them with Invisible Glass and still had too many droplets hanging on. I have since put RainX on all the windows and not a problem now.

Major
05-09-2016, 09:22 PM
I found the stock 500X rear wiper a little frustrating when it wouldn't lift high enough to easily change the blade, so I found a 500 rear wiper arm (used) on Ebay and swapped it out. The 500 arm is nearly identical and bolts right on. It's much easier to pop off the old arm when the time comes for a change. You may not think the convenience is worth the $20+ a replacement might cost...