PDA

View Full Version : Things that I thought were broken...

5port
04-18-2016, 04:05 PM
I think of all the cars I've owned the X has the worst window related resonance sound. When on the parkway at 60 mph you open only the passenger side window it sounds like a helicopter is landing...whoop,whoop,whoop. Loud.

Things that I thought were broken but "it Fiats way":

1) If the front wipers are on and you go into reverse the rear wiper stays on until you go back to drive. Had me going.

2) The overhead console light wouldn't go out one day. Took me a while to figure there is a detent for that on the light switch.

3) AC wouldn't turn off. They have a FULL AC detent on the temp control. Didn't take too long this one.

Anyone else?

datasage
04-18-2016, 04:47 PM
I think of all the cars I've owned the X has the worst window related resonance sound. When on the parkway at 60 mph you open only the passenger side window it sounds like a helicopter is landing...whoop,whoop,whoop. Loud.

Things that I thought were broken but "it Fiats way":

1) If the front wipers are on and you go into reverse the rear wiper stays on until you go back to drive. Had me going.

2) The overhead console light wouldn't go out one day. Took me a while to figure there is a detent for that on the light switch.

3) AC wouldn't turn off. They have a FULL AC detent on the temp control. Didn't take too long this one.

Anyone else?

Wind buffeting is an issue in any car, but the 500x does seem to have it worse being as small as it is, just open at least two windows and you will be fine. Wind deflectors help too.

Trunkout
04-18-2016, 06:55 PM
All these things were issues at one point with my ABARTH!
MUST be a Fiat thing!
Get some ventshades ASAP!

Fiat500USA
04-18-2016, 11:35 PM
Our Audi does the same thing with window buffering. I've always owned or driven Italian or German cars so none of this is unusual. Stuff like this gives a car some flavor and character and is the opposite of the bland, homogenized American/Asian cars that pollute the roads. You guys should have driven the old Italian cars from the 60s and 70s. They were loaded with interesting things like air horns, hand throttles, emergency window cranks and lots more. The new Fiats have become much more mainstream, but it is still nice to see they go their own way.

zvez
04-22-2016, 07:52 PM
my evoque was far worse as far as buffeting noise with windows down partially.