PDA

View Full Version : Poor fuel economy

super15066
04-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Hey guys, just was wondering what sort of fuel mileage you guys get on your L's. Mine is the trekking auto from 2014. Maybe it's just me but I'm finding them to have pretty crappy gas mileage. (Note that I live in Toronto so pretty much mainly city driving is my case). That being said I get about 400 kms city driving average. Sometimes maybe even abit less like around 370 kms. I've looked up what some other people are getting and city only they average around 500 kms.

My driving habits are very calm, i don't have a heavy foot. Tires inflated correctly, using 87 grade gas at shell/esso, Just would like to know what you guys are getting thanks !

Laz
04-12-2016, 01:36 PM
Hey guys, just was wondering what sort of fuel mileage you guys get on your L's. Mine is the trekking auto from 2014. Maybe it's just me but I'm finding them to have pretty crappy gas mileage. (Note that I live in Toronto so pretty much mainly city driving is my case). That being said I get about 400 kms city driving average. Sometimes maybe even abit less like around 370 kms. I've looked up what some other people are getting and city only they average around 500 kms.

My driving habits are very calm, i don't have a heavy foot. Tires inflated correctly, using 87 grade gas at shell/esso, Just would like to know what you guys are getting thanks !

Last time I checked my mileage it gave me 400 miles per tank. My driving is mostly freeway and city. I live in Houston Texas and I drive during peak hours.

super15066
04-12-2016, 04:53 PM
I took the car on a long road trip once from Toronto to Cape Cod and highway only I managed about 850-900 kms which was amazing. I just don't understand really, and having winter tires on vs. all seasons makes no difference. maybe an extra 25 kms more with all seasons.

Slovakman
04-21-2016, 05:16 PM
I do mostly highway miles, and I usually can go about 375 miles on a tank. My dash readout usually says I am getting about 30 mpg (combined city/highway). I have also been told twice by two different folks at my dealership that my 500L will get better gas mileage by using premium 93 octane, rather than the 87 octane. You might try avoiding the standard grade gas, even though you'll pay more for your gas, it might show better mileage soon after.