PDA

View Full Version : Hail, and more Hail

ManOfStealth
04-12-2016, 12:20 AM
Wylie Texas killed with big hail today and my 500c Abarth has some damage including a busted windshield. Anyone else get hit today?

TheDan
04-12-2016, 05:01 PM
Damn that sucks man... Part of living in Texas :p

Simmonz
04-13-2016, 05:42 PM
The Abarth was in the Garage thankfully. But my 1 year old house's roof looks like swiss cheese, my wifes car has a busted rear window and some pretty bad roof dmg. My fence is ruined, 1 busted window and a few other cracked ones, AC compressers are jacked up, My TV,internet will be down till the 18th. Yeah this Hail storm messed us up bad.

aelfwyne
04-13-2016, 05:49 PM
GF here in Beaumont called me in a panic certain we would be getting the hail also..... I park under a carport which mostly protects, but it's at the end...

So she insisted I bring the car over and park it in her garage and stay the night.

No hail. Oh well.

I hate to hear of the damage you guys had!

Simmonz
04-14-2016, 04:00 PM
GF here in Beaumont called me in a panic certain we would be getting the hail also..... I park under a carport which mostly protects, but it's at the end...

So she insisted I bring the car over and park it in her garage and stay the night.

No hail. Oh well.

I hate to hear of the damage you guys had!

Just an excuse to get you to stay the night! Bowchicabowwow!

In all seriousness it really does suck, Not sure whats going to happen in the next couple days as the insurance adjuster comes to look at the swiss cheese that was the roof on my 1 year old house. I kinda wish the abarth was outside and got totaled so gap would get me out of negative and I could get a new one with a much lower payment haha.

ManOfStealth
04-15-2016, 12:07 AM
No gap insurance on my wife's 6 month old 2015 ATS Coupe. Got torn up, can't wait to see if they total it or not. Windows busted and big ding on every panel. All family members are safe. Jake, go to know you and the family are alright.

Randall

ManOfStealth
04-30-2016, 06:33 PM
Update: Fiat took $6500 worth of damage. ATS has $12600. Anyone got a rosso hood I can buy for cheap? Thanks Randall

Simmonz
05-02-2016, 10:05 AM
Ouch!, the Wife car was just shy of 5 grand, My house took 23k worth of damage though.. They are moving us out this week into an extended stay hotel and going to get it all fixed up for us.

CoachRick
05-02-2016, 11:04 AM
Dang, y'all!!! Here in north north Austin, it's been stormy rain/wind...no hail on us.

My sis-in-law got a killer deal on a Ford Taurus a few years back...looked like a golf ball; but drove great. Owner settled somehow with the insurance but never repaired the body of the car. Fortunately there was no glass damage. I reckon that golf-ball body style might be popular for a while in the northern parts of Texas :)

Our house was four years old when the hailstorm of '09 hit...getting a new roof after only four years ain't as fun as it sounds!!!

Good luck out there, neighbors! :)

CoachRick
05-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Ouch!, the Wife car was just shy of 5 grand, My house took 23k worth of damage though.. They are moving us out this week into an extended stay hotel and going to get it all fixed up for us.
Time for a metal roof??? Our claim was $29K counting the garage doors and deck refinishing. Unfortunately, that 1% deductible is pretty nasty on a $450K house ! Couldn't switch to metal because of HOA restrictions and the crazy cost with 55 squares of roof and really stupid slopes and angles.

One guy got his new roof within a week of the initial hail storm...Yep, another storm in about two weeks...another new roof! Dang!!!

Simmonz
05-02-2016, 01:01 PM
Time for a metal roof??? Our claim was $29K counting the garage doors and deck refinishing. Unfortunately, that 1% deductible is pretty nasty on a $450K house ! Couldn't switch to metal because of HOA restrictions and the crazy cost with 55 squares of roof and really stupid slopes and angles.

One guy got his new roof within a week of the initial hail storm...Yep, another storm in about two weeks...another new roof! Dang!!!

Yeah our HOA wont allow anything but one specific color of Shingle. My house was built January 2015 So a new roof in a year lol. Not sure why I decided to grow up and buy a house lol.