PDA

View Full Version : Big turbo Abarth on track w classic fiats Porsches and stuff

shagghie
04-02-2016, 08:35 PM
http://youtu.be/-ljaUu5Yk2Y

260ish whp A500 at Harris hill warming up laps with some gorgeous classic fiats!!

Shawnb
04-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Very nice.

What turbo are you running?

My car is bone stock, just hit 34k miles and out of warranty. Debating on modding the junker

shagghie
04-03-2016, 12:25 AM
Very nice.

What turbo are you running?

My car is bone stock, just hit 34k miles and out of warranty. Debating on modding the junker

Just a 1750 sized equivalent, nothing massive.
You should do the one RAW is sizing...

Shawnb
04-03-2016, 08:24 AM

How many miles do you have on your setup?

If you're making 260 wheel, it seems like that is probably close to the edge of the stock motor.

stealthy1ss
04-03-2016, 10:59 AM
How many miles do you have on your setup?

If you're making 260 wheel, it seems like that is probably close to the edge of the stock motor.

No way. The motor is fully forged.

Shawnb
04-03-2016, 11:48 AM
No way. The motor is fully forged.

Haven't people been able to blow them up on the stock turbo with a tune?

shagghie
04-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Haven't people been able to blow them up on the stock turbo with a tune?

Not that I have ever heard of, in fact that has been what is slowing us down, not enough blown engines.
I'm at around 250-260. I think 300 crank is about as high as I'd ever attempt without internals... But it may take valves and new valve springs just to get there anyway, so by that time you'd have done head, manifold, big turbo etc already.

I've been running this setup since May of last year.

Next step for me is getting the 550cc's baselined and added, as I am out of fuel already.

Shawnb
04-03-2016, 02:52 PM
Not that I have ever heard of, in fact that has been what is slowing us down, not enough blown engines.
I'm at around 250-260. I think 300 crank is about as high as I'd ever attempt without internals... But it may take valves and new valve springs just to get there anyway, so by that time you'd have done head, manifold, big turbo etc already.

I've been running this setup since May of last year.

Next step for me is getting the 550cc's baselined and added, as I am out of fuel already.

Very nice!

Ha well looks like I have engine issues... Car is bone stock, few weeks out of warranty. Pulled a plug today, coated in oil. :(

shagghie
04-04-2016, 12:42 AM
Very nice!

Ha well looks like I have engine issues... Car is bone stock, few weeks out of warranty. Pulled a plug today, coated in oil. :(

What cylinder #?

Shawnb
04-04-2016, 06:35 AM
What cylinder #?

First one to the left. Unsure of the firing order

bootychickens
04-04-2016, 02:04 PM

Are they selling it to the general public now? Last I heard they were not?

shagghie
04-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Are they selling it to the general public now? Last I heard they were not?

Not sure either way, I've had it and tune since last spring/summer. I know a few other guys running the same setup, one in a 500T.

shagghie
04-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Pic of the car from the outside:

http://scontent-dfw1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/12950388_609794785868260_2050288751_n.jpg?

Michael T
04-11-2016, 11:27 AM
How do you like the feel of the car with the HP and the LSD?

Shawnb
04-11-2016, 11:54 AM
Not sure either way, I've had it and tune since last spring/summer. I know a few other guys running the same setup, one in a 500T.

I need that setup!

My car has another motor in it, running fine currently.....

shagghie
04-11-2016, 12:34 PM
How do you like the feel of the car with the HP and the LSD?

I don't know any other way to put it... couldn't imagine a better set up other than maybe some seriously high end coilovers with remote resevoirs.
It just turns in amazingly well and fells about as neutral as any car I've ever driven at speed on a track. The LSD really comes into play on corner exits and being able to place the car exactly where you want on exit, as well as simply being able to get the power down earlier without having to wait for that tire patch to be restored when you don't have the LSD. No danger of 'snap oversteer' events in otherwords when it comes to getting on the throttle too soon on exit. I can't comment on what r-comps would be like with this setup but the AD08R's with 140? treadwear didn't complain at all. Powerwise, this feels about 'perfect' to me. As always, I wish I had a little longer legs in the RPM band, but that's about it. With so much torque and such quick boost recovery between shifts, i found myself actually short shifting into a higher gear more than I ever would with 'only 200-220whp'...

Let's put it this way... i am getting a new transmission put in and I am opting to open up the new one and swap the LSD over from the old one to the new one (this is a LOT of extra labor costs)... because that is how essential i feel the LSD is on corner exits and predictability and simple ability to get the power down better.