PDA

View Full Version : Question About Uconnect 6.5 Message

Sean69
03-31-2016, 11:16 AM
Whenever I receive a text message while driving right after I listen to the text I get a message on the Uconnect screen stating "Speed Lockout - Function Not Available While Vehicle Is In Motion" with an OK button at the bottom. Everytime the car comes to a stop as soon as I move forward the message appears again. It's pretty annoying especially in stop and go traffic. I've pressed the OK button, turned the Uconnect off and on and turned the Bluetooth off to no avail. It only goes away if I turn the car off and restart. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

FiatCares
04-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Hi Sean69,
I was unable to find any information on this warning message in the UConnect manual for your vehicle. I would highly recommend bringing this to your studio's attention. Please let me know if you would like assistance in scheduling a service appointment with your local FIAT technician. I would be happy to assist you in any way I can!

Sean69
04-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Hi Sean69,
I was unable to find any information on this warning message in the UConnect manual for your vehicle. I would highly recommend bringing this to your studio's attention. Please let me know if you would like assistance in scheduling a service appointment with your local FIAT technician. I would be happy to assist you in any way I can!
Thanks Erica, I will inquire about it at my studio when I go in for my first service.

Tweak
04-01-2016, 10:24 PM
This sounds a lot lot navigation lock outs for safety as it leads to a driving distraction...perhaps it is related to the NAV but also it would make sense to be tied to text messaging...is it an option to remove the text related options from UConnect and maybe the issue would subside? I know this means it wouldn't handle texts but it might be worth it depending on the need for texts when driving. Just thinking out loud here, sorry if not at all useful.

Sean69
04-02-2016, 11:08 AM
This sounds a lot lot navigation lock outs for safety as it leads to a driving distraction...perhaps it is related to the NAV but also it would make sense to be tied to text messaging...is it an option to remove the text related options from UConnect and maybe the issue would subside? I know this means it wouldn't handle texts but it might be worth it depending on the need for texts when driving. Just thinking out loud here, sorry if not at all useful.
Thanks Tweak, you are absolutely correct. I had been pressing the LISTEN button on the Uconnect screen after receiving text messages which was generating the Speed Lockout message. Didn't even realize I could use the voice command to listen to text messages. Life just got easier and a whole lot less distracting. And no more Speed Lockout message as long as I stay away from the listen button.

Tweak
04-06-2016, 10:12 PM
Thanks Tweak, you are absolutely correct. I had been pressing the LISTEN button on the Uconnect screen after receiving text messages which was generating the Speed Lockout message. Didn't even realize I could use the voice command to listen to text messages. Life just got easier and a whole lot less distracting. And no more Speed Lockout message as long as I stay away from the listen button.

Glad you got it all sorted! :)