PDA

View Full Version : Uconnect 5.0 Owners, wanted NAV? Ipad mini mounting and iphone to the rescue

orl2222
03-30-2016, 04:42 PM
Ok, I wanted Nav, but because of Fiat's crazy ordering and packaging, my Trekking didn't have it. I tried a phone mount, it worked ok, but didn't like the look of it. So, I mounted my ipad mini with a scosche magnetic power adaptor, and some 3M adhesive putty. The trick is to have a ipad mini with cellular in it, and also have a iPhone that has the same logon and account on both. The iPhone and ipad mini will automatically sync with each other. Also, by using the command "hey siri" the phone button is depressed I can ask her for directions.http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21504&stc=1 I used the mount in the power socket, then applied the 3M putty along the top edge of the ipad mini. Underneath the temperature control there is a lip where it sits. Very secure, but easy to remove if needed. The iPhone is plugged in and hidden away in the console. I had the ipad mini before I bought my 500 X, so a black ipad mini would have looked better.