PDA

View Full Version : F1 Bahrain 2016 April 3

Robert Nixon
03-28-2016, 12:19 PM
From looking at websites and the F1 page, here's the schedule I could find of what's happening with this week's F1 race in Bahrain. NBCSN continues like last year with live coverage of practice 2 (and not practice 1 and 3 in other words), LIVE QUALIFYING ON CNBC, and delayed Qualifying coverage on Saturday, and then live pre race/RACE/post race on Sunday. If you're a fanatic and want to watch all the practice sessions, you can get it on the NBC Live Extra App for free, or the F1 Official App that you have to pay for. There are other ways to find coverage on the internet, depending on where you live, so good luck!

My top ten questions for this race:
10: Will Mercedes continue to dominate qualifying and finish 1-2 again?
9: Can Rossberg keep up the pressure on team mate Hamilton (counting last year that's 4 wins in a row for Rossberg!)
8: Is there any way that Ferrari can make a great start last in Australia when they went from 3-4 to 1-2 at the end of the first corner?
7: McLaren, Manor, Sauber, and Renault don't have any points yet, so who will break through for these teams?
6: With an awesome 6th in the first race, is there any way Haas team and Grosjean driving can match or better that?
5: The big red flag incident really affected the outcome last time out, will we have an incident free race?
4: The Haas guys showed they have the pace to qualify up in the middle of the pack, will they get it done this qualifying round?
3: Despite the great start, Ferrari had a car fire and bad tire strategy to lose a possible 1-2, can they turn that around?
2: For the last two years (and this year), we've had only 4 different race winning drivers (Hamilton, Rosberg, Ricciardo, Vettel), so who's next to win?
1: Who else is glad this race isn't on at 2AM like Australia? Answer: Everyone in the US!

F1 Bahrain 2016 (all times are Eastern US)

Friday April 1
7:00 AM Formula One Racing Bahrain Grand Prix Practice 1 F1 and NBC Apps
11:00 AM Formula One Racing "Bahrain Grand Prix, Practice 2" LIVE NBCSN
11:00 PM Formula One Racing "Bahrain Grand Prix, Practice 2" Rerun NBCSN

Saturday April 2
8:00 AM Formula One Racing Bahrain Grand Prix Practice 3 F1 and NBC App
11:00 AM Formula One Racing Bahrain Grand Prix Qualifying LIVE *CNBC* and Apps
12:30 PM Formula One Racing "Bahrain Grand Prix, Qualifying" Rerun NBCSN
6:30 PM Haas F1: America's Return to the Grid NBCSN

Sunday April 3
1:30 AM Formula One Racing "Bahrain Grand Prix, Qualifying" Rerun NBCSN
10:30 AM Formula One Racing "Bahrain Grand Prix" LIVE NBCSN
1:00 PM F1 Extra "Bahrain" Post Race Show NBCSN

Monday April 4
12:00 PM F1 Original (pre race show?) NBCSN
12:30 PM Formula One Racing "Bahrain Grand Prix" Rerun NBCSN

Saturday evening you can catch the Formula E race from Long Beach on Fox Sports 1
6:30pm-8:00pm Formula E Long Beach FS1

Robert Nixon
03-31-2016, 08:54 AM
Well, following a medical check up (required after big crashes) Fernando Alonso will not be racing for McLaren in Bahrain! Team backup driver Stoffel Vandoorne will get his first F1 start, so this will be very interesting to see how he does. We still don't know how the McLaren Honda will do this year, but with a rookie driving with former champion Jenson Button, it should be one of the interesting stories of the weekend.

JimmyTestarossa
03-31-2016, 09:39 AM
In addition to Mr Nixon posting the F1 broadcast times - Haas posted the times on their Facebook page and what network will be showing them.

Thank you Haas for promoting F1 in the US!

Robert Nixon
03-31-2016, 10:40 AM
It's always a pain finding the listings on NBC websites, first time through I missed that live Qualifying was on CNBC!

Good for Haas!

Amacento
04-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Hass enjoys another top 7 finish (from 6th to 5th)! That is MUCH better than they'd hoped. Those Ferrari power plants are truly showing how much they've improved from the 2014 season.

I'm gutted Seb retired before the race started… especially as Kimi had such a brilliant drive (2nd place).

Forza!

Robert Nixon
04-04-2016, 03:20 PM
I enjoyed watching the race, lots of action even before it started, too bad Ferrari lost Vettel before the start. Congrats again to Haas and Grosjean, now 5th in drivers and constructors points!

Now if both Ferrari and Haas can get both cars to finish and score points in China in two weeks then things will be even better!

Also great race from rookie at the last minute Vandoorne for scoring a point for McLaren, outstanding!

It seems the Manor and McLaren guys are way better than last year, and that just makes tough competition all up and down the field, now Sauber and Renault look like the worst teams!

5port
04-09-2016, 03:05 PM
It's always a pain finding the listings on NBC websites, first time through I missed that live Qualifying was on CNBC!

Good for Haas!

http://www.tvracer.com/

My favorite source for TV racing schedules. Agreed...GO HAAS!

Robert Nixon
04-11-2016, 10:20 AM
TVRacer is pretty good, but sometimes they don't list all the practices. And they really don't list the practices much in advance.