PDA

View Full Version : 4x100 spare with wobble bolts?

DaytonAbarth
03-22-2016, 07:13 PM
I really hate not having a real spare tire, even a space saver. I don't want to spend the $ on a 5th wheel and tire, and take up pretty much 75% of the hatch (even with the rear seat out). I have a 1988 Toyota MR2 SC that has 4x100 bolt pattern and at least one donut spare. I've heard you can use "wobble bolts" to use 4x100 pattern wheels on our cars. Has anyone tried this? Especially with the Fiat's on the Dragon trip in 2 weeks.

Tweak
03-23-2016, 09:55 PM
I really hate not having a real spare tire, even a space saver. I don't want to spend the $ on a 5th wheel and tire, and take up pretty much 75% of the hatch (even with the rear seat out). I have a 1988 Toyota MR2 SC that has 4x100 bolt pattern and at least one donut spare. I've heard you can use "wobble bolts" to use 4x100 pattern wheels on our cars. Has anyone tried this? Especially with the Fiat's on the Dragon trip in 2 weeks.

I think many of the wheels for our cars are 4X100 and use variation/wobble/death/whatever you want to call them bolts. I don't see this being an issue. Pretty sure Tire Rack ships them with their wheels and I know they have a note by many of their wheels listed for our cars.

Others can chime in and I am sure will possibly with more details.