PDA

View Full Version : Weak Battery causing issues with DDCT?

tcnole
03-21-2016, 03:32 PM
Several times after letting my wife's 500L sit unused for a week the car would not shift into reverse. It would tell me to shift to N then D or R. Nothing worked and eventually CEL and transmission warning light came on. I turned the car off to reset the error messages then restarted and decided to just let it idle for 10 minutes since it sat for a week. After that it will then shift perfectly and drive normally. The car has enough power to start just fine after sitting for a week but it seems the DDCT is not getting the power it needs until the car recharges itself some. Is this possible? Could this be an issue dooming other 500L DDCT owners? I didn't drive mine until the trans would shift normally. Maybe if I had driven before it had the power it needed I could have ruined it?

FiatCares
03-21-2016, 03:46 PM
Hi tcnole,
I'm very sorry to hear about this. Have you brought this to your studio's attention? What model year is your 500L?

tcnole
03-21-2016, 03:52 PM
Hi tcnole,
I'm very sorry to hear about this. Have you brought this to your studio's attention? What model year is your 500L?

It's a 2014. Haven't brought it to the studio yet. Will be doing so this week. Thanks.

Laz
03-21-2016, 11:23 PM
Several times after letting my wife's 500L sit unused for a week the car would not shift into reverse. It would tell me to shift to N then D or R. Nothing worked and eventually CEL and transmission warning light came on. I turned the car off to reset the error messages then restarted and decided to just let it idle for 10 minutes since it sat for a week. After that it will then shift perfectly and drive normally. The car has enough power to start just fine after sitting for a week but it seems the DDCT is not getting the power it needs until the car recharges itself some. Is this possible? Could this be an issue dooming other 500L DDCT owners? I didn't drive mine until the trans would shift normally. Maybe if I had driven before it had the power it needed I could have ruined it?

When I bought my 500L I had to fix some cosmetic stuff on it nothing major. At that time the studio told me that my 500L needed an update. I asked what kind of update. They told me that it was an update so the car would not drain the battery. Maybe you have not done that update. But your issue does sound strange.

FiatCares
03-22-2016, 08:52 AM
It's a 2014. Haven't brought it to the studio yet. Will be doing so this week. Thanks.

Please keep us posted on the outcome at the studio and let me know if there's anything I can do to be of assistance.

Joe's 500L
11-19-2016, 01:19 AM
I just had mine in for this dash light and no gear issues......took it in to the studio, software update fixed it.....no more problems since. I see this is a post from a few months ago, just thought I would throw this comment out there, to be helpful.