PDA

View Full Version : The Abarth Scorpionship program

MrFiat
03-18-2016, 01:16 PM
"for the real Abarthisti" or so the website indicates. Abarthcars.co.uk invites all Abarth followers to join. However it appears that N.A. enthusiasts are not invited. No real information as to why. Even though us NA folks most likely wouldn't be able to make the various events, it would still be fun and interesting to keep up with things from here.

Here's the sign up form -- I haven't had any luck at all dealing with it.
http://www.abarthcars.co.uk/scorpionship_form

I can see how this might be intended only for the European community at this point? But nothing on the sign up pages says that. So, can anyone shed some light on this ? So far, I've come up with nothing more than a bunch of guess work.:feedback:

Fiat500USA
03-18-2016, 02:45 PM
I signed up a few weeks back and got a membership number. You get 15% discount code for the Abarth Store but so far that's it. Haven't gotten any real correspondence from them since the initial signup.

Amacento
03-18-2016, 03:09 PM
I've done this as well. I have my "member" number, but not the actual card in the mail yet.

Part of the agreement is the applicant acknowledges ABARTH can close applicant accounts at any time for any reason they deem fit. I wonder whether or not that would include knowing the applicant cannot participate in Eu and UK events.

MrFiat
03-18-2016, 04:49 PM
Hmmm --- good to know. I got as far as filling out the application but nothing happens on the register button. There was an issue with the mobile phone number though. No matter what I put in there, it said it was an invalid format. The mobile number was a required field. Did you have any problems with the application form?

Amacento
03-18-2016, 05:16 PM
Hmmm --- good to know. I got as far as filling out the application but nothing happens on the register button. There was an issue with the mobile phone number though. No matter what I put in there, it said it was an invalid format. The mobile number was a required field. Did you have any problems with the application form?
Must use international phone number format. USA is 011 and your number.

MrFiat
03-18-2016, 05:23 PM
I've done this as well. I have my "member" number, but not the actual card in the mail yet.

Part of the agreement is the applicant acknowledges ABARTH can close applicant accounts at any time for any reason they deem fit. I wonder whether or not that would include knowing the applicant cannot participate in Eu and UK events.

With these folks, anything is possible. I've taken note (and a little bit of umberage) from the beginning with the current Abarth people at their apparent lack of regard for the "old guard". I realize full well that their prime goal is to sell cars and that's ok. They boast mightily of their racing history and they should. Image is very important. But it's really sad the way they ignore the contributions to that end of folks that kept their name alive in the U.S. all those years they were away. (and still do !!)

Granted, they owe us nothing more than a good car to buy, but it sure would be damn nice to get a little acknowledgement now and then. I'll try the registration process again and hope it works this time.

MrFiat
03-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Must use international phone number format. USA is 011 and your number.

That appears to have done the trick. Thanks heaps for the excellent advice. Would never have figured that one out on my own. :stupid: Let the fun begin!

Amacento
05-13-2016, 10:08 AM
UPDATE!

'Received this email today:

Dear Abarthista,

Thanks for joining The Scorpionship. In the next few days we’re sending your personalized Scorpionship card!

Unfortunately our community is not active yet in your Country, but we’re really happy to hear that The Scorpionship is spreading all over the world!

Keep loving Abarth and keep following the Scorpion!

Best regards,
The Scorpionship Team

MrFiat
05-13-2016, 11:26 AM
Yep, got the same one this morning. With a little luck, some interesting Abarth stuff might eventually start to happen here in North America. :eagerness:

Lil Blue
05-13-2016, 07:09 PM
Just signed up this morning also (thanks Amacento for helping). Nothing like being a part of a bigger Cult of the Scorpion.

Amacento
05-14-2016, 07:41 AM
Happy to be of assistance.

Gzlitoar
05-18-2016, 01:13 AM
Anyone received it yet?

Amacento
05-18-2016, 08:06 AM
Nothing yet... but they are shipping from the UK.

Robert Nixon
05-18-2016, 08:15 AM
I signed up, thanks for the tip on the 011 code for US!

Received an email and member number right away, and they mention the 15% discount that FIAT500USA mentioned on page 1.

When it asked for "how did you hear about this" one of the options was "referred by Scorpionship member" and then it asks for their number.

So, if any of you "members" want to share your number here maybe you get a free car for referring people!

Fiat500USA
05-18-2016, 09:00 AM

Received an email and member number right away, and they mention the 15% discount that FIAT500USA mentioned on page 1.

When it asked for "how did you hear about this" one of the options was "referred by Scorpionship member" and then it asks for their number.

So, if any of you "members" want to share your number here maybe you get a free car for referring people!

1046 ! yelrotflmao-vi

Amacento
05-18-2016, 10:13 AM

No worries on the country code tip.

MrFiat
06-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Has anyone here in the US received their card yet? I haven't. Something must have happened with my email because I never received a member number, but I did get an email recently saying they were sending the card.

Ahhh, the trials and tribulations of waiting! :hopelessness:

Robert Nixon
06-05-2016, 09:39 AM
Nothing yet, who knows!

Amacento
06-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Nothing yet, buddy.

MrFiat
06-26-2016, 08:17 AM
It's been a while since we were told that the cards would be sent. I haven't heard or seen anything yet. Has anyone received theirs yet?

MrFiat
10-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Here's an update :

My Scorpionship card came in the mail this morning. CC size in plastic. I guess we North Americans have arrived ! bigclap

Southernroadrunner
10-29-2016, 03:29 PM
Here's an update :

My Scorpionship card came in the mail this morning. CC size in plastic. I guess we North Americans have arrived ! bigclap

That's pretty neat. Good for you.

Lil Blue
10-30-2016, 04:57 AM
Here's an update :

Congrads....maybe mine will show up soon then

MrFiat
10-30-2016, 08:25 AM
Congrads....maybe mine will show up soon then

I expect everyone who signed up will be getting theirs in the very near future. Programs such as this have usually worked that way in the past. fingers crossed.

Amacento
10-30-2016, 10:35 AM
Here's an update :

... and you received it on ABARTH 2016. Cool!

This is encouraging. It was on my mind while I wished the brand was strong enough, on our shores, to extend the celebration here.

'Fingers crossed I'll receive mine in the coming week.

MrFiat
10-30-2016, 12:21 PM
... and you received it on ABARTH 2016. Cool!

This is encouraging. It was on my mind while I wished the brand was strong enough, on our shores, to extend the celebration here.

'Fingers crossed I'll receive mine in the coming week.

Hope so ---- yep, fingers crossed. Even better, perhaps we might even begin to see FCA organized Abarth events here in NA. Now that would be very nice.

Robert Nixon
10-30-2016, 08:57 PM
Received my card also on Friday or Saturday!

Lil Blue
11-13-2016, 06:01 AM
Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Waiting for me when we got home. So between doing the Road Rally...and that..it was a very good Saturday.

Amacento
08-23-2017, 06:03 AM
Well... I guess I need to accept I'll never receive my card :crying:

Southernroadrunner
08-23-2017, 09:37 AM
Well... I guess I need to accept I'll never receive my card :crying:

Amacento- I never ever got mine either, but I did get a couple emails from them so guess they are aware I'm still here.

Abarth124
08-24-2017, 10:39 AM
I haven't received mine yet....applied online July 20th

Fiat500USA
08-24-2017, 11:08 AM
I haven't received mine yet....applied online July 20th

We waited a few months for ours, so hang in there. The community isn't active in our country, so you aren't missing much.

Amacento
08-25-2017, 11:01 AM
Amacento- I never ever got mine either, but I did get a couple emails from them so guess they are aware I'm still here.
It bums me out only because other users I know registered about the same time I did received cards.

I get the emails. I follow their events. It's all good (enough).

Southernroadrunner
08-25-2017, 11:14 AM
It bums me out only because other users I know registered about the same time I did received cards.

I get the emails. I follow their events. It's all good (enough).

Guess maybe since we are not on that side of the ocean maybe it costs them a lot to send stuff over here.