PDA

View Full Version : Are there raised white letter tires for 500???

ManOfStealth
03-16-2016, 09:42 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed at some point but I'd really like to see what a Abarth 500 would look like with the right raised white letter tires. I'd like to avoid the tire stickers. Please help find some for the 16" wheels. Many thanks Randall

Tiny Turbo
03-16-2016, 10:06 PM
I actually made a post about this a year ago. I did a whole bunch of research and didn't find much at all.

BF Goodrich Radial T/A makes a RWL tire in 205/60/r15 size. This tire in comparison to the the stock Abarth 17in wheels/tires is 0.7 inches taller in total diameter.
(which will more than likely fit without rubbing if you are not lowered)
That's about as close as you can get on a 15-inch wheel.
If I ever get 15s for my Abarth that will be what I go with. That's also the smallest RWL tire I could find.

As far as 16-inch wheels. There really are no options. You could always shoot for something like TreadWearLetters that glue onto the sidewall to give you the same look.

Trunkout
03-16-2016, 10:31 PM
I actually made a post about this a year ago. I did a whole bunch of research and didn't find much at all.

BF Goodrich Radial T/A makes a RWL tire in 205/60/r15 size. This tire in comparison to the the stock Abarth 17in wheels/tires is 0.7 inches taller in total diameter.
(which will more than likely fit without rubbing if you are not lowered)
That's about as close as you can get on a 15-inch wheel.
If I ever get 15s for my Abarth that will be what I go with. That's also the smallest RWL tire I could find.

As far as 16-inch wheels. There really are no options. You could always shoot for something like TreadWearLetters that glue onto the sidewall to give you the same look.

Beat me to it! There are many sidewall lettering kits out there!

ManOfStealth
03-16-2016, 10:59 PM
I'm really bummed because I think it looks pretty cool. I'm older and remember the old car having them and wanted to make the 500 Abarth look like them. Lettering kits are kind of pricey. Someone thought a white grease pen would work. My dads Jeep had raised white letters and I remember as a kid he would draw the white pen on the letters to make them "pop". Thanks guys

Tiny Turbo
03-16-2016, 11:37 PM
Yeah I really wanted to put a set on my Abarth. It's sad to see they are almost fading out the market completely.
My first car about 5 years ago was an 82 Mazda Rx7 and I thought the RWL tires gave it a more aggressive old school muscle car look.
I think tires like that on a Fiat would really stand out and look nice.
I Photoshopped this awhile back RWL tires on an Abarth. Also tossed in a few pics of my first car with RWL tires.

Robert Nixon
03-17-2016, 07:20 AM
as another option you can buy a tire marking pen and just highlight the current writing on your tires.

DaytonAbarth
03-22-2016, 07:10 PM
I've seen people use tire marking pens, which didn't work for me. I've also heard of using various other paint-type pens, which the name escapes me now but I intend to try myself. Art supply store, might be for clothing I forget.

Tweak
03-23-2016, 09:56 PM
I've seen people use tire marking pens, which didn't work for me. I've also heard of using various other paint-type pens, which the name escapes me now but I intend to try myself. Art supply store, might be for clothing I forget.

Tony, Norcal SS can offer suggestions on the subject.