PDA

View Full Version : Green or red stuff?

pizzamann95
03-13-2016, 12:37 AM
I've been looking to replace my stock pads with something a bit better that won't brake the bank (get it). I've found, what I think, is a pretty good deal on an EBC setup. The cost various about 30-50 buck depending on the rotor/pad combo. My biggest question is about the pads. Has anybody installed the EBC Red stuff pads or the Green stuff pads on their vehicles? What do you think about them?

My car is a daily driver with a car seat in the during the week, on the weekends I do a lot of spirited driving through the mountains. Also, what are yous guyses feelings on slotted rotors? Thanks in advance for any info.

Shawnb
03-13-2016, 08:29 AM
Ebc stink.

JimmyTestarossa
03-13-2016, 10:12 AM
I have used some of the various vented rotors and see no reason to go with them outside of a race track. I am of the opinion that the stock Abarth set-up is quite good and I see no reason to change.

Nothing to say one way or the other about EBC. A friend of mine who knows lots of things is a huge Porterfield fan but I haven't tried those yet either. I put some higher-end pads (can't remember the brand) on my Alfa and the initial bite was amazing but they threw dust like crazy which wasn't fun on a DD type of car.

Shawnb
03-13-2016, 11:58 AM
Go with Carbontech, you will thank me.

msjulie33
03-13-2016, 12:22 PM
Good luck with red stuff, stock rotors, on street. HOD day was too much for them, for me (fade, some smoke).

2015littleredwagon
03-14-2016, 10:10 AM
The lifetime warranty Autozone C-Max pads are actually really really good. Not a single problem or fade out of them at either VIR or the tail of the dragon. (Note this was in an Rx8, and preformed well in my Turbo scion tC as well)

trevc
03-14-2016, 10:23 AM
I tried some EBC Reds and they suck - the backing plates came away from the pad after some spirited driving and they fade realy quickly when hot.
I prefer stock pads (I have tried Tarox, RRM and EBC Red so far) and that is what I replaced the EBCs with.
I'm going to try Hawk pads next time I swap out - I have heard great things about those.

smark
03-14-2016, 11:09 AM
I bought EBC green stuff, on one of my car. Really dirty brake dust. They squeal too.

jayadam63
03-14-2016, 11:16 AM
I tried some EBC Reds and they suck - the backing plates came away from the pad after some spirited driving and they fade realy quickly when hot.
I prefer stock pads (I have tried Tarox, RRM and EBC Red so far) and that is what I replaced the EBCs with.
I'm going to try Hawk pads next time I swap out - I have heard great things about those.

I went with the EBC Reds a couple weeks ago simply for lower brake dust.

I'm not impressed either and I don't do "spirited driving" either.

After reading your post, I'm considering going back to stock myself.

Trunkout
03-14-2016, 05:29 PM
I went with the EBC Reds a couple weeks ago simply for lower brake dust.

I'm not impressed either and I don't do "spirited driving" either.

After reading your post, I'm considering going back to stock myself.

I considered EBC to help with brake dust.
Then I found Armor All Wheel Protectant and it doesn't matter anymore!!!

Gharbeson
03-14-2016, 06:17 PM
I'm going to try Hawk pads next time I swap out - I have heard great things about those.o
Running Hawk (front) and they're great after three track days. tArox also good. From user reviews I would steer clear of the EBC.

pizzamann95
03-14-2016, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the input guys and gals. I'm glad I did not order them yet. I might do a little more research into some other pads.

Shawnb
03-15-2016, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the input guys and gals. I'm glad I did not order them yet. I might do a little more research into some other pads.

Trust me, give Carbontech a call. Great group of people, and amazing product.

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
03-15-2016, 07:29 PM
I have had Green EBC on my car for about 7k and have nothing bad so say about them. I was happy with the OEM pads except for the dust. The greens perform slightly better and much lower dust.

nyc eng
04-29-2016, 06:19 PM
I went with EBC reds but I wouldn't get them again, I want some more bit. They're great if you want less dust than stock while delivering performance on par.