PDA

View Full Version : Haas F1 TV special, F1 season kicks off...USA, USA, USA!!

Robert Nixon
03-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Like it or not, I'm a fan of the USA and am very happy to see the Haas F1 team hitting the grid this season! To mark this event, the NBC Sports Network has a TV special about Haas and the return of a US team to F1. Airing next Thursday March 17th right before their live coverage of Practice 1 from Australia, it should be a great way to kick off the season! The Haas show will then re-run on Saturday night, a bit before LIVE coverage of the F1 race from Australia!
Go Haas!

Also US related, Manor F1 team today announced that American Alexander Rossi has been signed to be their back-up driver for about half the season, which now will be on top of his full season in an Andretti Indy Car! That's pretty cool, although it's too bad he didn't have enough sponsorship ($$$) to get a full time ride in F1. Go Rossi!

Go USA!!

All Upcoming Times for Haas: America's Return to F1

Thu 3/17
8:30PM-9:30PM
NBCSN

Sat 3/19
11:00PM-12:00AM
NBCSN

Amacento
03-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Haas is powered by Ferrari… Forza! Now, I have an Italian and USAmerican team to cheer.

JimmyTestarossa
03-10-2016, 10:06 AM
Like it or not, I'm a fan of the USA and am very happy to see the Haas F1 team hitting the grid this season! To mark this event, the NBC Sports Network has a TV special about Haas and the return of a US team to F1. Airing next Thursday March 17th right before their live coverage of Practice 1 from Australia, it should be a great way to kick off the season! The Haas show will then re-run on Saturday night, a bit before LIVE coverage of the F1 race from Australia!
Go Haas!

Also US related, Manor F1 team today announced that American Alexander Rossi has been signed to be their back-up driver for about half the season, which now will be on top of his full season in an Andretti Indy Car! That's pretty cool, although it's too bad he didn't have enough sponsorship ($$$) to get a full time ride in F1. Go Rossi!

Go USA!!

All Upcoming Times for Haas: America's Return to F1

Thu 3/17
8:30PM-9:30PM
NBCSN

Sat 3/19
11:00PM-12:00AM
NBCSN

I'll be setting my DVR! Thanks RN!

Rumors are that the new Ferrari (factory car) is very, very good and Mercedes is trembling. chairshot

Robert Nixon
03-12-2016, 10:57 PM
Yes, before the season starts is the best time of year, because anything is possible! After two years of Mercedes dominance, this year should be better, and if we have a nail biting battle for the championship down to the last race...then it will be way better than the last two years! I guess it was 2013 we had Alonso from Ferrari still having a chance to beat Vettel of Red Bull going into the last race or so, then 2014 it was only team mates Hamilton and Rossberg that went to the final race with the championship undecided. Throw in the excitement of Haas this year, plus all the other usual unknowns, and at least for now it looks to be very interesting! The drama of seeing Ferrari win their first race last year, with the team and everyone singing the Italian anthem at the top of their lungs reminded me of what it's all about!

Robert Nixon
03-12-2016, 11:05 PM
UPDATE:

Found an earlier showing of the Haas show, and all of NBCSN coverage for the race and a couple of re-runs of the race, all times Eastern, looks like not much sleep for those that watch it all live!

Wednesday March 16
1130PM Haas

Thursday March 17
8:30PM Haas
9:30PM Australian Grand Prix Practice 1 Live

Friday March 18
1:30AM Australian Grand Prix Practice 2 Live

Saturday March 19
2:00AM Qualifying Live
11:00PM Haas
12:00PM Midnight Pre-Race Countdown Show

Sunday March 20
12:30AM Australian Grand Prix Race Coverage Live
3:00AM F1 Extra
12:00 NOON Race Re-Broadcast

Monday March 21
2:30PM Race Re-Broadcast

Robert Nixon
03-17-2016, 07:22 AM
TODAY! TONIGHT! F1 coverage kicks off on TV, see the schedule above!

Also, the Haas F1 team is now selling some of their polo shirts and t-shirts on their website www.haasf1team.com
(like everyone else in F1 the shirts aren't cheap!)

Buckle in and hold on, here we go with the Haas show tonight followed by practice 1!

Robert Nixon
03-20-2016, 10:46 PM
I stayed up to 3am to watch the race this morning, and it was worth it! Unfortunately the end result was a 1-2 for Mercedes with Rosberg taking the win, and Ferrari's Vettel in 3rd. Big news, the Haas car of Romain Grosjean took points by placing 6th, which is just an awesome result for anyone, much less a brand new team! Certainly the Haas model of using Ferrari engines and suspension components, and a Dallara built chasis, combined with experienced drivers (not rookies) has already paid off! Very exciting to see them do so well.

On top of that, there was drama with a terrible crash with Alonso hitting Gutierrez, both cars out of the race, and luckily no serious injuries. Miracle.

The start of the race was awesome if you are a Ferrari fan or just tired of Mercedes taking everything in the past two years, as the 3rd and 4th red cars blasted into 1-2 at the end of the first corner! That's what I've been waiting for, and it was great! Unfortunately, the big crash later red flagged the session, basically cutting the lead Vettel and Raikkonen had built up, and Ferrari basically blew it from there with tire choices, and settled for a 3rd place instead of the win. At least it was exciting and not a boring snooze fest with Mercedes leading the entire race!

Two weeks to go before the next race in Bahrain. Apparently they will go back to the old method of qualifying, which I'm thinking just might see the Haas cars qualify up near the middle of the pack, and give them a shot at more points for finishing in the top ten!

Andre5
03-21-2016, 12:29 AM
Yes, an excellent start of the season for the Haas team. The Haas team did their homework and executed their plan well. Esteban Gutierrez has to settle down and get back in a groove. Being a back up driver last year (for Ferrari) vs a full time driver this year is a big leap forward; I think he put a lot of pressure on himself to excel. Thank goodness he and Fernando Alonso were not injured.

Amacento
03-21-2016, 08:22 AM
Forza!

JimmyTestarossa
03-21-2016, 09:44 AM
Quali was, how shall I say this, "disappointing". (I'm glad they are ditching the new format for Bahrain.)

The race was cracking! Very glad Alonso crawled out of the car unscathed. That was a nasty accident.

Haas - I can't say enough good things. EXCELLENT job!!

No one seems to be talking about this yet but am I the only one who noticed that the Ferraris are at least as fast as the Mercedes'? Vettel was caught out by the red flag, a slightly botched pit stop and strategy that didn't pan out. Iron out a few wrinkles and we could see much more red on the top of the podium this year.

Robert Nixon
03-21-2016, 04:11 PM
I think that's the key, that Mercedes still has the 1 lap edge in qualifying, but not all the race pace advantage of the past two years. Australia seemed to also have some unknowns for the teams on the pace and longevity of all the different tire compounds, or that for some reason Ferrari thought they couldn't match Mercedes on medium tires after the red flag. Whatever it is, at least we have a full season to look forward to, hopefully with more than two Mercedes guys fighting for the championship.

Amacento
03-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Quali was, how shall I say this, "disappointing". (I'm glad they are ditching the new format for Bahrain.)

The race was cracking! Very glad Alonso crawled out of the car unscathed. That was a nasty accident.

Haas - I can't say enough good things. EXCELLENT job!!

No one seems to be talking about this yet but am I the only one who noticed that the Ferraris are at least as fast as the Mercedes'? Vettel was caught out by the red flag, a slightly botched pit stop and strategy that didn't pan out. Iron out a few wrinkles and we could see much more red on the top of the podium this year.
The only reason I didn't make mention is the thread is about Haas.

The Ferraris are ON POINT. The fact MB went straight to mediums tells the tale. They did not see winning with an official pit stop. The decision to stay on SSs means Ferrari thought MB would have an official pit stop and switch to Mediums later in the race.

I'm glad the team is focusing on staying humble. Five of the top ten finishers are powered by Ferrari... another important thing to keep in mind. It's Red Season.