PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding fog light & turn signals

xRYD3Rx
02-26-2016, 04:44 AM
1.Is there any way I can get the fog lights to turn on with the headlights all time without having to manually turn it on?

2. I know most of the new cars have this feature when you gently push down [not all the way down] on the turn signal analog automatically signals 3 times then turns off. Is there anyway I can change it to 5 blinks instead? Or is this something service department @ dealer needs to program.

on my lexus GS 350 & toyota corolla dealer changed it to 5 blinks, so was just wondering if you guys would know anything about this?

Also, im planning on changing all the light bulbs to hid white color.
anyone use 9006 bulb for low beams ?

BigDaddySRT
02-26-2016, 07:16 AM
1.Is there any way I can get the fog lights to turn on with the headlights all time without having to manually turn it on?

2. I know most of the new cars have this feature when you gently push down [not all the way down] on the turn signal analog automatically signals 3 times then turns off. Is there anyway I can change it to 5 blinks instead? Or is this something service department @ dealer needs to program.

on my lexus GS 350 & toyota corolla dealer changed it to 5 blinks, so was just wondering if you guys would know anything about this?

Also, im planning on changing all the light bulbs to hid white color.
anyone use 9006 bulb for low beams ?

1. No. The lighting is controlled by the BCM. You'd need to creative and give them their own wiring, power, and disconnect.

2. Turn Signal Flash count isn't adjustable. Once again, controlled by the BCM. VW's are adjustable from 1-7 flashes.

Good luck switching bulbs and voltages... The CANBus monitors and controls all that stuff.

Jerseyboy
02-26-2016, 09:14 AM
The 9006 bulb would be a downgrade from the standard 9012 on the newer FIATS. I believe only the 2012's came standard with 9006 bulbs.