PDA

View Full Version : Installing springs on Turbo

mgtsldr
02-15-2016, 12:01 PM
I will be installing drop springs on my 500t, but was curious if upgrading the front struts to stock Abarth struts would be worth it? I read up on some guys changing out the stock Koni's for aftermarket Koni's, but is it worth the extra coin? I guess I am just looking for the difference between the Turbo front struts and Abarth front struts. Anybody know?

opiateESP
02-15-2016, 01:10 PM
I will be installing drop springs on my 500t, but was curious if upgrading the front struts to stock Abarth struts would be worth it? I read up on some guys changing out the stock Koni's for aftermarket Koni's, but is it worth the extra coin? I guess I am just looking for the difference between the Turbo front struts and Abarth front struts. Anybody know?

The fronts in an Abarth will accept lower springs while the T/Sport struts are designed to only work at one height. The difference between the Abarth struts and the 500T struts is substantial. That said, i wouldnt pay any more than $100 for tge full set of abarth struts. I got mine for free from a buddy. If you can't find the struts for a good price, go the extra mile and do the yellows.

mgtsldr
02-15-2016, 01:23 PM
Thank you opiateESP. I figured they would be a cheap upgrade while I'm in there, but $100 for the whole set? I better keep a better eye out for these. I know 500madness has them for $100 each.

mgtsldr
04-08-2016, 04:09 PM
So I installed the springs and front abarth struts a few weeks ago, but the rake is insane. There is about a 1" difference in FTG height front to back. Is this normal for Neu-F springs? I may go back and take out one of the spring isolators...

pizzamann95
09-22-2016, 06:20 PM

Did you install lowering springs on your 500T? I just installed a set of H&R sport springs on the stock struts. Eventually I plan on putting Konis up front. It did lower it slightly, about an inch up front and 1.2" in the rear. I was going for a level look.