PDA

View Full Version : 500x - Ipod stopped working with U-connect

zvez
02-15-2016, 05:45 AM
So for some reason, the U-Connect system won't play my ipod. I tried plugging into both USBs, if you click on source it shows the Ipod as being hooked up but it is in red. It reads the songs in the playlist but it's like every song is paused, I can fast forward to different parts of the song and same thing. Tried all the buttons, mute etc, and nothing, The ipod plays fine on it's own. No updates to anything. I'm guessing I'll take it to the dealer unless someone perhaps knows something I could be missing?

Chris

janaheim
02-15-2016, 06:23 AM
What type of iPod are you using? Do you have the latest update on it? Also if your music library on your iPod is large, it may take longer to load and read all your songs. Have you tried resetting your iPod? Good luck.

John

janaheim
02-15-2016, 06:29 AM
I just thought of another possibility because I had this problem before with my iPhone at work. The USB cable could be defective. Try another cable, Good luck again.

John

zvez
02-15-2016, 09:08 PM
HI John I've got like a fifth generation nano, I did try a different cable. Don't have that much music on there. Will probably just go to the dealer only a few miles away. It's odd tho, it reads the playlists and I can navigate to different songs, but it's like it's paused, it's really odd.

janaheim
02-19-2016, 04:53 PM
HI John I've got like a fifth generation nano, I did try a different cable. Don't have that much music on there. Will probably just go to the dealer only a few miles away. It's odd tho, it reads the playlists and I can navigate to different songs, but it's like it's paused, it's really odd.

Hi,

Did you find out what the problem was?

John

hownowcb
02-19-2016, 05:01 PM
I do know there's been a software update on the entertainment systems on 500Xs, because we had it done on my wife's car about a month ago. I have an old school physical hard drive iPod with a massive library, and it played just fine in her car during a road trip we took about three weeks ago. Whatever your problem is, I'm confident there'll be a solution.

zvez
02-23-2016, 01:49 PM
haven't yet but I'll let the dealer sort it out. As mentioned in the post after yours, an update is available so that might fix it tho nothing changed in either ipod or car it worked one day and didn't the next.

Hi,

Did you find out what the problem was?

John

ronbo10
02-23-2016, 02:15 PM
Hi, I have a 160GB iPod classic, no problems with indexing the library on our L's Uconnect. Here's a link if you want to update your Uconnect yourself:

http://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/

Just get a 5 GB memory stick (I think- Fiat provided me with their own stick complete with Fiat emblem that served well. Delivered in a padded envelope US Mail). Once you download it and unzip it into your stick, you start your Fiat, plug the stick into its USB port, give it a minute or so, and it'll ask you if you want to update from umptysquat software edition to the newer one on your stick- press the button on the "yes" icon and it'll take about 10 minutes to install some 8 units (unfortunately the Nav Data Base isn't one of them). You're supposed to keep the engine running until the update is complete, and you can drive it while it's doing its thing. Maybe that'll fix your issue. Good luck!

zvez
02-27-2016, 06:47 PM
thanks Ronbo, I saw this update but don't have a big enough memory stick so have to get one.

zvez
02-27-2016, 07:38 PM
I did the update, still not working. Next step before dealer is to borrow another person's Ipod, tho it seems to work fine.

zvez
03-19-2016, 03:02 PM
thought I'd updated this. Since my sister just bought a 500x I tried my ipod nano in hers. Same deal, didn't work. So today bought a new nano and works perfectly!