PDA

View Full Version : We'll see where this goes....

Wolfepaw
02-12-2016, 04:11 PM
Took my 500L in for an oil change and also the check engine light came on a few days ago. Apparently the oil cooler has a small leak and needs to be replaced, as well as something with the fuel neck where you fill your gas. It literally just passed 50K miles about a week ago. Of course their immediate response is not covered under warranty, even though I purchased the extended warranty out to 100K. The computer system doesn't show that so they are looking into it. My gut tells me they are going to try and claim ware and tear on both items just from how they are talking. I've owned easily a dozen cars in my life, all driven to over 150K miles, never had either of those items ever go out on a car. I'm prepared to have to get into an argument with the service manager, but I am hoping they do the right thing and warranty repair them. If not, I'll enlist the help of the reps on this forum to try and get something done. They are quoting about $1500 to fix it all. Seems a bit ridiculous to have to replace those items on a car with 50K on it. If they don't, needless to say there will never be another Fiat in my future. I own two of them, and I'm happy to give my business to a car company who will back their product and the warranty they sold me.

Laz
02-12-2016, 04:59 PM
Took my 500L in for an oil change and also the check engine light came on a few days ago. Apparently the oil cooler has a small leak and needs to be replaced, as well as something with the fuel neck where you fill your gas. It literally just passed 50K miles about a week ago. Of course their immediate response is not covered under warranty, even though I purchased the extended warranty out to 100K. The computer system doesn't show that so they are looking into it. My gut tells me they are going to try and claim ware and tear on both items just from how they are talking. I've owned easily a dozen cars in my life, all driven to over 150K miles, never had either of those items ever go out on a car. I'm prepared to have to get into an argument with the service manager, but I am hoping they do the right thing and warranty repair them. If not, I'll enlist the help of the reps on this forum to try and get something done. They are quoting about $1500 to fix it all. Seems a bit ridiculous to have to replace those items on a car with 50K on it. If they don't, needless to say there will never be another Fiat in my future. I own two of them, and I'm happy to give my business to a car company who will back their product and the warranty they sold me.

Keep me posted. I want to know what they come up with.

Fiat500USA
02-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Sorry to hear and hope it works out. I hope they come through for you. Our Audi 90 needed $9,000+ worth of parts (not counting labor) between 55,000 and 60,000 miles. Our Audi A4 had numerous issues under 40,000 miles, too. That was definitely annoying, but both were good cars and gave us a lot of use so we were happy even after a couple of bumps in the road. Sometimes things happen, but liking the car helps smooth things out. Of course if that's not the case it's good to bale before it gets too aggravating. Good luck.

jayadam63
02-12-2016, 09:11 PM

Either you have an extended warranty or you don't. Either the items are covered under that warranty or their not.

Please post back what happened.

Wolfepaw
02-15-2016, 11:07 AM
Either you have an extended warranty or you don't. Either the items are covered under that warranty or their not.

Please post back what happened.

I have an extended warranty, I have all the paperwork. I haven't heard from the dealer yet what the status of things is. The warranty excludes, "wear and tear" items. In my past dealing with dealerships, they go right to that clause for an out. Hopefully Fiat doesn't.

Ez2517
02-15-2016, 11:54 AM
I can't see how they could seriously explain a leaking oil cooler with 'wear and tear'. Apart from that - does the standard warranty in the US only cover 50k miles ?? :confused

jayadam63
02-15-2016, 03:27 PM
I have an extended warranty, I have all the paperwork. I haven't heard from the dealer yet what the status of things is. The warranty excludes, "wear and tear" items. In my past dealing with dealerships, they go right to that clause for an out. Hopefully Fiat doesn't.

Sounds like anticipatory denial to me. I'd be shocked if it wasn't covered. Be optimistic!!!

I can't see how they could seriously explain a leaking oil cooler with 'wear and tear'. Apart from that - does the standard warranty in the US only cover 50k miles ?? :confused

4 Years / 50,000 miles.