PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm a new moderator!

Robert Nixon
02-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Hello fellow FIAT fans, I just wanted to let you know that I'm honored to be a newly appointed moderator for this forum, so thanks to Chris and everyone else that make it the friendly place it has grown to be so far!

This is not a pay position, I don't have anything to sell (other than an appreciation for all things FIAT), and my only goal is to help share information and stories about our favorite car, the FIAT in it's growing number of forms and models.

I'm a career military guy currently in Virginia Beach, and my day job is as an instructor at the Army School of Music. My main interests (besides music) are automobiles, auto-crossing, and following racing like Formula 1. Lucky for me my kids are grown, so I have a bit more time to spend on auto-crossing my Abarth than if they were still at home!

My role here is to help give advice, be friendly, and try to continue to learn from everyone else too. I obviously don't work for FIAT, but I really love the brand and hope they are in the US for a long time.

I encourage you to reply to new members and at least post a "howdy, glad you're here" when someone posts for the first time, and keep all our discussions polite and respectful.

Have a great FIAT day!

Bob

huauqui
02-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Bob, great to have you on as a moderator! I have gleaned much from your posts in the past and hope to do so in the future as well. Thanks in advance for all the work you will put in to keep this a great place.

huauqui

streetsurfer
02-12-2016, 03:26 PM
I've always enjoyed and respected you postings too. Good man for the job. Congratulations on the appointment.

Fiat500USA
02-12-2016, 03:30 PM
Thanks Bob. Let's all welcome Bob to the forum staff. Bob's been a staple here on the forum for years and I'm glad to have him giving us a hand. :thumbsup:

Amacento
02-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Congrats... or condolences (depending on how you look at it) evil_laughter

janaheim
02-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Congratulations Bob. Where are the doughnuts?gr_grin

John

trevc
02-12-2016, 04:40 PM
Good luck!!

Robert Nixon
02-12-2016, 06:41 PM
Thanks everyone, and if you show up in Virginia Beach I'll throw in a free doughnut. Your choice of Krispy Kreme, Dunkin Donuts, or our local favorite, Duck Donuts!

Dwaynek
02-12-2016, 06:43 PM
What the hell is a duck donut, get to see another F1 fan here

Andree
02-12-2016, 10:10 PM
Yay! Congratulations Bob!

MrFiat
02-13-2016, 09:22 PM
Couldn't have picked a better guy for the job !! :loyal: Congrats Bob.

Robert Nixon
02-14-2016, 12:01 AM
Dwaynek,
Duck donuts is named after Duck North Carolina, out on the Outer Banks. Their first store is there, and now they have expanded into Va Beach. They make each donut only when you order it, and you get your choice of toppings, so it's different than the big places that you go to that have dozens just sitting there.

Robert Nixon
02-14-2016, 12:02 AM
Congratulations Bob. Where are the doughnuts?gr_grin

John

The donuts are right here in my house! Maybe you could talk Randy's into opening a store here! (I'll be in Anaheim on business in a few weeks too!)

Tweak
02-16-2016, 02:05 AM
Congrats and welcome to the forum in a new capacity.

Also trevc and Amacento cracked me up in this thread. :D

Megalomaniacal
02-16-2016, 11:34 AM
bob, next time I am in VB, I'll get my dad to bring his hellcat to cars & coffee, or the saturday evening cruise in off princess anne road :D

Robert Nixon
02-16-2016, 02:58 PM
Megalomaniacal,
that would be cool, now we just need a FIAT 500 Abarth-Hellcat version!

Southernroadrunner
02-18-2016, 12:06 PM
Congrats Mr Bob

krayzielilsmoki
02-18-2016, 12:44 PM
Congrats Bob! 2 minutes on the forum and I'm already craving a doughnut...