PDA

View Full Version : SCCA SDR GS Results

rrunner68
02-01-2016, 11:14 AM
Wow, what a crazy event. We had a forecast of heavy rain, so I opted to stay of the factory 195 aspect Pirelli AW's. Through my work group, It was raining, windy, wet and the water was running off the course in sheets. In the final 15 mins of my work group (which was prior to my run group) the wind slowed; the rain lightened and the clouds began to ease up. The one thing I didn't want to happen did....the course started drying; and the results showed. Everyone else in the class was on RE-71's and they were laying down the power where It felt like I was just standing still, spinning tires. I'm still really impressed with this car and we'll have one more event before tour, so hopefully the next event we will have some data with RE-71's as well. I'm amazed at how fast the #1 in class ended up going. I'm not sure where he was finding the speed, but he had the rest of us creamed. The game between 2nd and 7th is tight and this class is competitive! I'm loving it!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/Bajadak/31%20Jan%20Results_zpsqxer10b4.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Bajadak/media/31%20Jan%20Results_zpsqxer10b4.png.html)

Robert Nixon
02-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the autoX report!

From reviews I've read the Bridgestones do pretty well in the wet anyway, so maybe next time go ahead and run them would be my thought.

Is SDR San Diego Region of SCCA?

rrunner68
02-01-2016, 05:51 PM
I can't disagree with what you've read; damp conditions didn't seem to slow those guys down much. SDR is San Diego Region.

jguerdat
02-02-2016, 07:41 AM
FWIW, even in heavy rain, I'd run RE-71Rs or similar over all-seasons. Good show being only 2-ish seconds back but you wouldn't have been at a disadvantage with better tires even when wet. About the only time I wished I wasn't on good tires was years ago in a 40s degree rain with R comps. The street tires, especially the new ones, would do SO-O-O much better.

B3NN3TT
02-02-2016, 10:34 AM
71R's are GREAT in the wet.

cgpiper
02-06-2016, 03:42 AM
I also like that you beat the 2 Miatas. I'm finding that my Abarth is quite competitive with the C and E class cars up here in the Sacramento Region, and my times are usually better than most of the Miatas. Nice going!

cgpiper
02-11-2016, 10:30 PM
Wow, what a crazy event. We had a forecast of heavy rain, so I opted to stay of the factory 195 aspect Pirelli AW's. Through my work group, It was raining, windy, wet and the water was running off the course in sheets. In the final 15 mins of my work group (which was prior to my run group) the wind slowed; the rain lightened and the clouds began to ease up. The one thing I didn't want to happen did....the course started drying; and the results showed. Everyone else in the class was on RE-71's and they were laying down the power where It felt like I was just standing still, spinning tires. I'm still really impressed with this car and we'll have one more event before tour, so hopefully the next event we will have some data with RE-71's as well. I'm amazed at how fast the #1 in class ended up going. I'm not sure where he was finding the speed, but he had the rest of us creamed. The game between 2nd and 7th is tight and this class is competitive! I'm loving it!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/Bajadak/31%20Jan%20Results_zpsqxer10b4.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Bajadak/media/31%20Jan%20Results_zpsqxer10b4.png.html)

I looked at your SDR site and see that you were also very competitive with the Fiesta(s). Same here in Sacramento...I'm within 0.1 sec of the one Fiesta in HS here, and they are perennial champs in whatever car they drive. If the Abarth gets moved to HS I'll still have a challenge with those guys. So far we haven't seen a Focus here, at least in GS. Fingers crossed....

B3NN3TT
02-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Not many FiST's have made it into my chapter yet (but the Focus ST's are DOMINATING).

I drove in one event with two FiST's, and ended up (in RAW time) about 1 second ahead of one and about one second behind the other - driving the big Roush.

The times I campaigned in the Abarth there were none entered.

rrunner68
02-14-2016, 03:55 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to make another event soon. Just as a reminder, the FiST's were all on RE71's, I was on stock Perelli's, so with competitive rubber, I should really be able to take it to them and the Focus guys.

cgpiper
02-17-2016, 05:29 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to make another event soon. Just as a reminder, the FiST's were all on RE71's, I was on stock Perelli's, so with competitive rubber, I should really be able to take it to them and the Focus guys.

Since my local FiST family moved to HS I just monitor the times to see if I'm closing the gap any. I've only AX'd for 3 years, and these guys are regional champs, but I'm getting closer. Last year I was consistently within 0.2 seconds of them (on the plus side a couple of times). Both cars are running 71s, so the competition seems pretty even. It doesn't look like there'll be a move to HS until 2017 at the earliest, but at least our event if Focus free at this time :rockon:.