PDA

View Full Version : New Member and New Owner

Tatts
01-28-2016, 07:13 AM
I already posted in the new member section, but I wanted to post a couple pictures and say more about the new Fiat. Two days ago my wife and I brought home our new 500X Trekking AWD in Tricolor Yellow. It has the Collection 6 which I think is everything but navigation and sunroof, which is okay because we don't need those. The heated seats and steering wheel are so nice since we are in Central NY and it is freezing. Its got the 18 inch rims which I love the look of. Can't wait to see how the AWD does in this NYS snow.

Robert Nixon
01-28-2016, 10:42 AM
I like the look of the X in every color, and believe it will continue to be a top seller for FIAT. Hope you enjoy it.

Andree
01-28-2016, 12:31 PM
I have to know more about the heated steering wheel. Does it ebb and flow like the seat heater in my regular 500?

My seat heater heats up and then cools down, then heats up, then cools down. Without layers for winter, like coats, the heat gets just about to the point where it's getting too hot...which is the exact moment it starts to cool down. With many wintery layers, it never feels too hot, and the ebb and flow are not so noticeable, because it heats up the layers nicely and the layers STAY warmish, so it feels more constant.

My arthritic hands want to experience the steering wheel heater. How is it with bare hands? How is it with driving gloves or other gloves that can be worn safely while driving?

I think if I had your sunny 500X, I'd spend all winter in the driver's seat with the seat heater on, steering wheel heater on, regular heat on, and then drive around picking up stranded motorists using the AWD.

Then watch as the entire eastern seaboard sells every single AWD 500X as a result.

datasage
01-28-2016, 01:25 PM
The seat heater has two heating levels, which will automatically turn off after a certain amount of time. Just push the button again to select the level you want. The steering wheel gets comfortably warm, but never too hot.

If you have remote start it will turn on the seat and steering wheel heaters automatically if the temp is below 38. Even if you don't start with remote start.

Fiat500USA
01-28-2016, 02:58 PM
I love the heated steering wheel. I wish I had it right now as my hands are cold!

janaheim
01-28-2016, 03:33 PM
Congratulations on your new X. I love the that pearl yellow.

Xtreme500
01-28-2016, 03:53 PM
Congrats on the 500X! I just moved to Rhode Island so I am loving my heated seats and steering wheel a little more these days.

Tatts
01-28-2016, 05:51 PM
I have to know more about the heated steering wheel. Does it ebb and flow like the seat heater in my regular 500?

My seat heater heats up and then cools down, then heats up, then cools down. Without layers for winter, like coats, the heat gets just about to the point where it's getting too hot...which is the exact moment it starts to cool down. With many wintery layers, it never feels too hot, and the ebb and flow are not so noticeable, because it heats up the layers nicely and the layers STAY warmish, so it feels more constant.

My arthritic hands want to experience the steering wheel heater. How is it with bare hands? How is it with driving gloves or other gloves that can be worn safely while driving?

I think if I had your sunny 500X, I'd spend all winter in the driver's seat with the seat heater on, steering wheel heater on, regular heat on, and then drive around picking up stranded motorists using the AWD.

Then watch as the entire eastern seaboard sells every single AWD 500X as a result.

The heated steering wheel is very nice. Like Datasage said it gets nice and warm and never overly hot. When I remote start it at 5:30am and get in 15 minutes later it is perfectly warm. Also the heated seats are great too. Bare hands on the heated steering wheel is really nice and can even feel it pretty well in the gloves I use to drive with, never getting too warm.

Thank you all for the welcome. We are loving this car and I don't think that will change anytime soon. The Yellow Pearl in the sun is just amazing.