PDA

View Full Version : 500L low oil pressure light, does it come on along with change oil message?

lightwalker
01-17-2016, 10:17 AM
Hello,
Yesterday the red low oil pressure icon came on. I had my oil checked as I got gas and it was full. This morning when I started the car the light came on as well as the "change oil message on my dash". Am I OK till I get my oil change next week or is there a problem?

Confused in CT:(

NGEN
01-17-2016, 10:48 AM
Hello,
Yesterday the red low oil pressure icon came on. I had my oil checked as I got gas and it was full. This morning when I started the car the light came on as well as the "change oil message on my dash". Am I OK till I get my oil change next week or is there a problem?

Confused in CT:(

Yes you are fine. That happened to us as well one time with our 500L. Seems ridiculous but you should be fine.

If you want to make sure you are ok, go ahead and perform the reset procedure as if you performed the oil change. If both lights go away, you know you are fine. To reset, turn the key to the "ON" position but do not start it. Press the pedal all the way to the floor 3 times within 5 seconds, then turn the key off. This will reset it. If the low oil pressure light goes away, you are good.

lightwalker
01-17-2016, 11:09 AM
Thank you Ngen :) Worked like a charm and the oil pressure light is off! Have a great day! Off to the studio for my oil change next week :)

NGEN
01-17-2016, 12:09 PM
Thank you Ngen :) Worked like a charm and the oil pressure light is off! Have a great day! Off to the studio for my oil change next week :)

You're welcome. I guess it is a scare tactic from Fiat so you will pay attention and change your oil. Guess it worked. Enjoy your day!