PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying a 2015 FIAT 500 Sport, Rosso, 5-speed manual

janaheim
01-17-2016, 08:07 AM
Hello everyone, hope you haven't forgotten me.

I'm interested in buying a 2015 FIAT 500 Sport, Rosso exterior, black/grey interior. The car is at JStar FIAT, Anaheim. It is the only color they have with the manual transmission, comfort/convenience package, sunroof, Beats Audio and the bright aluminum wheels. I think the price is pretty good. Here's the link: http://www.fiatusaofanaheim.com/new/FIAT/2015-FIAT-500-7461f4010a0a00646468d74f2a106407.htm.

I'll be going there this afternoon. Her's hoping everything turns out O.K.

Ciao,
John

jayadam63
01-17-2016, 10:15 AM
If you're looking for a 5 speed Sport, strongly consider a Turbo instead. It's a Sport with 50% more torque at not much more money. Trust me.

-Jay

panther76
01-17-2016, 10:50 AM
If you're looking for a 5 speed Sport, strongly consider a Turbo instead. It's a Sport with 50% more torque at not much more money. Trust me.

-Jay

depends what he is looking for. id never spend the extra on the turbo because i love to maximize my mpg's, and the standard 500's in manual form give awesome real world mileage. the caveat is i still want my car to be fun, and my pop and sport were the two most fun to drive cars ive ever owned. 101 hp is plenty for these cars, imo.

id be shooting for closer to $15k-$15.5 for that car.

bryanintowson
01-17-2016, 11:01 AM
Welcome back! Nothing to think about. If you like the car then get it. :D

Andree
01-17-2016, 12:17 PM
I was just thinking about you yesterday and the Verde Chiaro Pop with red accents! Really!

Nice looking Sport! Red is fine, and you know where to get interior red accents if you want them! Has all the goodies, the clean look of the Sport and a pretty good price. Are you trading in the Pop?

Being in SoCal will give you many days to open up the sunroof, turn up the Beats, and have a roaring good time.

jayadam63
01-17-2016, 12:31 PM
depends what he is looking for. id never spend the extra on the turbo because i love to maximize my mpg's, and the standard 500's in manual form give awesome real world mileage. the caveat is i still want my car to be fun, and my pop and sport were the two most fun to drive cars ive ever owned. 101 hp is plenty for these cars, imo.

id be shooting for closer to $15k-$15.5 for that car.

Me too re: pop & sport - until I drove a turbo.

Have you spent extended time behind the wheel of a 5 speed Turbo?

-Jay

Almost a Ghost
01-17-2016, 01:21 PM
Get the turbo. I'm sure if you are willing to drive a few hours you'll be able to score a killer deal on a 2015.

panther76
01-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Me too re: pop & sport - until I drove a turbo.

Have you spent extended time behind the wheel of a 5 speed Turbo?

-Jay

spent a week in a manual abarth in 2014. sure, i could get to the next red light faster, but as something to drive every day it just didnt do anything for me. in the pop or sport i can drive hard for fun and still get really good mpgs while doing it.

people always jump in with "get the turbo" or "get the abarth"...unless someone is really looking for that extra bump, the extra torgue/hp is sometimes an answer to a problem that didnt need a solution for a given individual.

jayadam63
01-17-2016, 02:01 PM
spent a week in a manual abarth in 2014. sure, i could get to the next red light faster, but as something to drive every day it just didnt do anything for me. in the pop or sport i can drive hard for fun and still get really good mpgs while doing it.

people always jump in with "get the turbo" or "get the abarth"...unless someone is really looking for that extra bump, the extra torgue/hp is sometimes an answer to a problem that didnt need a solution for a given individual.

No, you lump me in with those people. I did not suggest getting in abarth.

The turbo is not like the abarths. It's every bit like the sport, but with more power. Obviously you didn't drive a turbo. Which is what I suspected.

I stand by my statement. If someone is interested in a 5-speed sport, they should strongly consider a turbo. There's nothing wrong with that suggestion.

Lastly, you'll get much of it back on resale. And that amount will far exceed anything in relation to miles per gallon that you would have saved over the life of the vehicle.

fast_dave
01-17-2016, 02:35 PM
If you just want a fun car that you can gas up and toss around (and add some oil to the engine every month) the 500 SPORT is where it's at. The kinks have been worked out and the SPORT is a simple car for people that want less hassle.

Seriously, I never though I'd like it as much as I have (bought it for my wife as a 20 mile round trip commuter car).

On the weekends, when I'm tossing it around with the sunroof open, rowing through the 5 gears, she looks over and reminds me that I didn't want to buy it :friendly_wink:

jayadam63
01-17-2016, 03:24 PM
If you just want a fun car that you can gas up and toss around (and add some oil to the engine every month) the 500 SPORT is where it's at. The kinks have been worked out and the SPORT is a simple car for people that want less hassle.

Seriously, I never though I'd like it as much as I have (bought it for my wife as a 20 mile round trip commuter car).

On the weekends, when I'm tossing it around with the sunroof open, rowing through the 5 gears, she looks over and reminds me that I didn't want to buy it :friendly_wink:

Agreed! Felt the same way about my little red sport!!!

-Jay

Fabio13
01-17-2016, 08:43 PM

Add oil every month? I add a half quart or a quart every 12 months/8,000 miles ish.

panther76
01-17-2016, 09:04 PM
No, you lump me in with those people. I did not suggest getting in abarth.

The turbo is not like the abarths. It's every bit like the sport, but with more power. Obviously you didn't drive a turbo. Which is what I suspected.

I stand by my statement. If someone is interested in a 5-speed sport, they should strongly consider a turbo. There's nothing wrong with that suggestion.

Lastly, you'll get much of it back on resale. And that amount will far exceed anything in relation to miles per gallon that you would have saved over the life of the vehicle.

you did say "get the turbo". the only reason for it over the standard sport or pop is the extra tq/hp. nothing wrong with suggesting it, but many people just arent looking for any extra in that dept, and usually if they are already scoping out a non turbo model its because that is what they want and maybe they are not interested in getting a tiny car only rated 27/34 (yes, yes real world mileage can be better, but its all relative because the same is true for the standard 500s)

and no, you will not recover anything back on resale just because its a turbo. kbb has shown some of the highest depreciation, percentage wise, on the turbos and abarths.

panther76
01-17-2016, 09:09 PM

exactly right. the manual 500 sport looks sporty, is a blast to drive, and cheap to run because of the great mileage. i had tanks with my sport where i felt like i spent the whole tank just blasting all over the place and pushing it hard and still wound up with 41 mpg for the tank. i cant think of another car that could do that for me.

janaheim
01-17-2016, 09:11 PM
Thank you all for your comments. I did buy that car. It's sitting in my garage right now. To me that's the car I always wanted, a Sport with the moonroof and the comfort/convenience package. The Beats audio and the bright aluminum wheels made the car extra sweet. Love that Beat!

To me I don't care about going fast. I want good handling, braking, fuel economy and value. That car, at that price, was not gonna get away from me. I'm pretty happy with what I got. I'll be posting pictures by next week. I'll probably get some accessories soon, such as the Italian flag decals and a nice shift knob.

Andree, thank you. I'll also be posting back pictures of my 2013 FIAT 500 Pop since you asked. I do miss the verde chiaro, it's such a nice color. FIAT offers such beautiful colors on the 500.

Ciao,
John

panther76
01-17-2016, 09:19 PM
Thank you all for your comments. I did buy that car. It's sitting in my garage right now. To me that's the car I always wanted, a Sport with the moonroof and the comfort/convenience package. The Beats audio and the bright aluminum wheels made the car extra sweet. Love that Beat!

To me I don't care about going fast. I want good handling, braking, fuel economy and value. That car, at that price, was not gonna get away from me. I'm pretty happy with what I got. I'll be posting pictures by next week. I'll probably get some accessories soon, such as the Italian flag decals and a nice shift knob.

Andree, thank you. I'll also be posting back pictures of my 2013 FIAT 500 Pop since you asked. I do miss the verde chiaro, it's such a nice color. FIAT offers such beautiful colors on the 500.

Ciao,
John
nice. and you can still go plenty fast in that car if the mood hits you once in a while.

jayadam63
01-17-2016, 10:36 PM

Ciao,
John

Congratulations! Post pictures when you get the chance!

-J

fast_dave
01-18-2016, 12:46 AM
janaheim,

Congrats on your new purchase and enjoy!

bryanintowson
01-18-2016, 10:19 AM
Congrats - one day when I win the powerball, I'm going to do a sleeper Abarth in Verde Chiaro!

Andree
01-18-2016, 01:50 PM

Ciao,
John

That's GREAT! Congrats!

I definitely have Sport envy. I like the front and rear end the best of all the trims.

Are you enjoying the heated seats? I just adore the heated seats with the comfort/convenience package. And they're swell for making you and your passenger totally comfortable, if just one of you has a chill. Don't have to turn up the heat if you're in the sun on one side, and the passenger is in the shade and cool, passenger just hits the heated seat button. Voila! Chill-be-gone.

So many new options to explore with your Sport!

Quick question, is the Sport exhaust a bit louder and purring than the Pop was?

jayadam63
01-18-2016, 02:25 PM
I like the front and rear end the best of all the trims.

I agree. It's the most balanced yet, dare I say it, still "sporty" looking. :rofl:

-Jay

Fiat500USA
01-18-2016, 09:18 PM

Ciao,
John

Congratulations John!! bigclapbigclapbigclapbigclap Nothing like kicking off the new year with a new car!

janaheim
01-19-2016, 06:06 AM
A few observations on my new 500 Sport:

* Tried the seat heater for a few seconds. It was only 57℉ when I drove home from work right after midnight. It warms up fast. Nice!
* The Beats audio is incredible. SiriusXM never sounded this good. Love it!!!
* The panoramic sunroof is really big. Really big!
* Fog lamps light up the road great, and since almost half my driving is at night, it's a must for me.
* I love the color red or rosso in Italian. Che bellezza!
* The new 7" display is just gorgeous. Still learning all the functions, but I'm a fast learner.
* The car has very sharp reflexes and is pretty peppy. It's a joy to drive.
* The shift knob is actually pretty decent. It has a nice weight to it.
* The 7" display has a picture of the car showing all the tires' pressure, individually. Very nice. Most cars in the 500's price range don't have that.

That's it for now. More to follow later.

Ciao,
John

jayadam63
01-19-2016, 10:41 AM
Glad your loving it! Good for you!!!

-Jay

Andree
01-19-2016, 11:23 AM
A few observations on my new 500 Sport:

* Tried the seat heater for a few seconds. It was only 57℉ when I drove home from work right after midnight. It warms up fast. Nice!
* The Beats audio is incredible. SiriusXM never sounded this good. Love it!!!
* The panoramic sunroof is really big. Really big!
* Fog lamps light up the road great, and since almost half my driving is at night, it's a must for me.
* I love the color red or rosso in Italian. Che bellezza!
* The new 7" display is just gorgeous. Still learning all the functions, but I'm a fast learner.
* The car has very sharp reflexes and is pretty peppy. It's a joy to drive.
* The shift knob is actually pretty decent. It has a nice weight to it.
* The 7" display has a picture of the car showing all the tires' pressure, individually. Very nice. Most cars in the 500's price range don't have that.

That's it for now. More to follow later.

Ciao,
John

All good things to hear!

If you ever get back or hip problems, or strain something in that area, the seat heaters are better therapy than anything the doctor can provide. Even on the drive to Arizona, in mid-nineties temps, I'd put on the seat heater for periods of time, just to help with the back pain.

I'm going to have to hear the Beats stereo, as I'm super pleased with the Alpine that came with the Lounge. Would also like to check out the 2012 models that have the subwoofer under the passenger seat.

That sunroof! It opens up the car so much visually. You may hate it come summer, but the rest of the year it's just splendid. Summers here are brutally hot. 119 in the parking lot at the local store, and I wish for a giant umbrella over my entire car! hahaha

I loved the fog lamps on my street in SF, no lighting at all, couldn't see anything off to the side, until I got the fog lamps. Very important to me for those dark and curvy roads with little to no lighting.

Not everyone needs all these options, but they're good to have available if you DO want the options.

How does the suspension feel compared to your former (current?) Pop?

janaheim
01-19-2016, 03:57 PM
I do have occasional lower back pain, and you're right, the seat heaters are great therapy.

I had the alpine unit with the amplifier under the passenger seat on my '12 500 Sport. Believe me nothing beats Beats! It is that good. You know every time I think of Beats, The Beat Goes On by Sonny & Cher come to mind. I'm a child of the 60's. Ha Ha!

The ride is a little firmer than my Pop, but never harsh. The handling is sharper 'though, as it should be since it has a sport suspension. I actually prefer it over the Pop, but the Pop is a very nice car also. You do get a lot for the money on all the FIAT cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwB8ph7VAXw

All good things to hear!

If you ever get back or hip problems, or strain something in that area, the seat heaters are better therapy than anything the doctor can provide. Even on the drive to Arizona, in mid-nineties temps, I'd put on the seat heater for periods of time, just to help with the back pain.

I'm going to have to hear the Beats stereo, as I'm super pleased with the Alpine that came with the Lounge. Would also like to check out the 2012 models that have the subwoofer under the passenger seat.

That sunroof! It opens up the car so much visually. You may hate it come summer, but the rest of the year it's just splendid. Summers here are brutally hot. 119 in the parking lot at the local store, and I wish for a giant umbrella over my entire car! hahaha

I loved the fog lamps on my street in SF, no lighting at all, couldn't see anything off to the side, until I got the fog lamps. Very important to me for those dark and curvy roads with little to no lighting.

Not everyone needs all these options, but they're good to have available if you DO want the options.

How does the suspension feel compared to your former (current?) Pop?

janaheim
01-19-2016, 05:12 PM
Some pictures of my car.

janaheim
01-19-2016, 05:15 PM
More pictures.2053220533

Andree
01-19-2016, 05:33 PM
Love the top center position for the MPH, in bright white. The digital readout on my 2013 gets lost in the other numbers, all of which require glasses now to read. Picked up some sunglasses with the built-in reading magnifying area, they work well.

Fabio13
01-20-2016, 01:42 AM
"I do have occasional lower back pain, and you're right, the seat heaters are great therapy."

Okay then, that explains the seat heaters because the Palm Trees don't!

smark
01-20-2016, 01:50 AM
Some pictures of my car.

Really a nice looking car. I wanted a red one back in 2011. All the ones on the studio lot, had the dark brown interior. I wanted black interior. I like your optional Sport wheels too. Enjoy your new ride.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20529&d=1453237701

janaheim
01-20-2016, 05:43 AM
I'm thinking about buying the following accessories for my 500 Sport at 500 Madness:

* Door sills
* Trunk leather handle
* Italian flag decals
* Trunk mat -- fits cargo w/Beats Audio system
* FIAT shoulder belt pads

janaheim
01-20-2016, 05:49 AM
I'm thinking about buying the following accessories for my 500 Sport at 500 Madness:

* Door sills
* Trunk leather handle
* Italian flag decals
* Trunk mat -- fits cargo w/Beats Audio system
* FIAT shoulder belt pads

Accessories, Part 2:

* Black shift knob (red top/chrome bottom)
* Leather shift boot in black with red stitching & red 500 logo

Any suggestions? Andree?

DowneasTTer
01-20-2016, 08:17 AM
Just to let you know I purchased the seat belt pads from Amazon for $8.99 back in 2013. But it appears they are no longer available from them. You might check eBay. I did buy the mopar cargo tray from Amazon last month. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P45KFXI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00 The price was $89 but now I see the price has dropped to $59 plus free shipping. It's a great piece. Here it is in the back of my Abarth with Beats.http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=23641

jayadam63
01-20-2016, 10:26 AM
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20529&d=1453237701

Honestly -- These are my favorite wheels of all the 500 options (Abarth and 500T included). Love these $400 optional SPORT wheels. Wish I had'm.

Pretty car!

-Jay

smark
01-20-2016, 11:58 AM
The sills look really nice new. I got the OEM ones. They get scratch up by mistake getting in and out of the car. Got to be careful with your feet.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20534&d=1453282885

Megalomaniacal
01-20-2016, 12:42 PM
I have the 2015 red sport 5mt

it's fun and efficient and cheap.

looks great too

Andree
01-20-2016, 12:42 PM
Accessories, Part 2:

* Black shift knob (red top/chrome bottom)
* Leather shift boot in black with red stitching & red 500 logo

Any suggestions? Andree?

I think you have it covered!!! In our Verde Chiaro with Ivory, it's harder to work in the red. But now, you have the red with the black interior, and can work in red anywhere, everywhere.

The 2016 Easy with the black houndstooth interior has red piping and red headrests. The red headrests might be interesting! Since they should fit between models, you could try out the red headrests at a local dealer, and perhaps someone will want to straight swap, if you did indeed love the look of the red.

Here's one at your local dealer, you can barely see the red headrests:
http://www.fiatusaofanaheim.com/new/FIAT/2016-FIAT-500-fc11e7930a0e0ae827064cd4645e8ff4.htm

I have the thought that some people will want the black seats and not mind the red piping, but will mind the red headrests. Like if they've picked out a yellow car or other color they don't like mixing with red. Of course, I've thought of all the neat combos too, like how the red would look in our Verde Chiaro, or in the blues, etc.

I like using the headrests as a color accent. And that would add the pops of color to your seats and the back of the car.

You could probably find someone to recover yours, or make you covers for yours. The covers would mean you can change up the look as you want.

janaheim
01-20-2016, 03:25 PM
Just to let you know I purchased the seat belt pads from Amazon for $8.99 back in 2013. But it appears they are no longer available from them. You might check eBay. I did buy the mopar cargo tray from Amazon last month. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P45KFXI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00 The price was $89 but now I see the price has dropped to $59 plus free shipping. It's a great piece. Here it is in the back of my Abarth with Beats.http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=23641

Thank you. I just ordered the cargo mat from Amazon. It was the only one left.

John

DowneasTTer
01-20-2016, 03:40 PM

John

Yes it was a great deal. I think you will love it. I do mine even thou I spent $30 more....:burnout: enjoy your new wheels.

Fabio13
01-20-2016, 03:42 PM

John
Bought my cargo mat and door sills at the dealer on sale.

janaheim
01-21-2016, 09:11 PM
I went to Madness in Signal Hill, CA this morning and bought the Madness lowering springs (Mild, 1.4" drop), the Italian flag decals & the illuminated door sills. They installed everything. I love this place. The guys there are the best, professional and friendly. I also had a nice chat with Boris. Super fast as well. Thanks guys, I'll be back. In the near future, I'll get dark tinted windows, a nice shift boot & knob. GOPedal? Short Shifter Kit? Here's a few pictures.

aelfwyne
01-21-2016, 09:59 PM
I went to Madness in Signal Hill, CA this morning and bought the Madness lowering springs (Mild, 1.4" drop), the Italian flag decals & the illuminated door sills. They installed everything. I love this place. The guys there are the best, professional and friendly. I also had a nice chat with Boris. Super fast as well. Thanks guys, I'll be back. In the near future, I'll get dark tinted windows, a nice shift boot & knob. GOPedal? Short Shifter Kit? Here's a few pictures.

Looks like the '15 500 Sport I drove 30,000 miles in 10 months before trading up to the Abarth! Same wheels, I even had the lit door sills like you do. I topped it off with chrome mirror caps and a silver hood stripe and side spear stripe.

For the Sport - I would get the NeuF short shift adapter. A good exhaust is essential, it WILL help power a little (just a little), but the sound of a good exhaust is worth it. The Mopar axle-back is VERY quiet, just a touch louder than stock but not much. I had the Solo Performance exhaust, which appears to be discontinued now (sadly)... The Borla is the closest I know if, it's a single small muffler in the middle, not a resonator+rear muffler. Very aggressive sound. If you could find something like that I highly recommend getting such an exhaust.

I also had the dark tint on mine....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj5uoHtp7zKAhVKyYMKHYc1Cb0QtwIIMTAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dh5 4DxJ79thE&usg=AFQjCNGolA_Xv3QSpAaCSNmeEf7IQtBaog&sig2=9-VYr304rjFE5GFsPii75g&bvm=bv.112064104,d.amc

Your car could look like this if you want it to:

To be honest, as much as I like driving the Abarth..... the Sport just looked better.

Fiat500USA
01-22-2016, 12:27 AM
Loving that red color. Great pics!

Andree
01-22-2016, 03:17 PM
Now I want a red Sport.

carfreak09
01-23-2016, 02:24 PM
I got the red hatch strap from 500Madness and it was a very useful upgrade over the cheap, too small, hard to grab cloth strap. Your hand easily slips into the strap and the hatch comes down easier. Highly recommend this upgrade!

janaheim
01-23-2016, 04:57 PM
I got the red hatch strap from 500Madness and it was a very useful upgrade over the cheap, too small, hard to grab cloth strap. Your hand easily slips into the strap and the hatch comes down easier. Highly recommend this upgrade!

Thanks, I was thinking about getting that one too. Maybe in March, after I do my taxes. I'll get some other goodies as well.

Fabio13
01-24-2016, 04:20 AM
Thanks, I was thinking about getting that one too. Maybe in March, after I do my taxes. I'll get some other goodies as well.
You guys must be short! I never use my strap. I just carefully grab the hatch at the top and bring it to within a few inches of closed and let it drop.

janaheim
01-24-2016, 06:27 AM
You guys must be short! I never use my strap. I just carefully grab the hatch at the top and bring it to within a few inches of closed and let it drop.

I don't have a problem in reaching the standard strap, I'm 5'10" tall, but I like the look of the leather strap. Can't vouch for carfreak09, but it shouldn't matter, short, tall, fat thin. We should be civil to one another.

Fabio13
01-24-2016, 07:32 AM
I don't have a problem in reaching the standard strap, I'm 5'10" tall, but I like the look of the leather strap. Can't vouch for carfreak09, but it shouldn't matter, short, tall, fat thin. We should be civil to one another.

Sorry. I meant in jest. No harm. That strap makes me think of the back tag on a shirt! :slap:

Andree
01-24-2016, 11:33 AM
Sorry. I meant in jest. No harm. That strap makes me think of the back tag on a shirt! :slap:

haha! I am indeed fairly short at 5'4" (and shrinking), and the strap is used all the time for me. The days that my shoulder(s) bother me is the time I wish the Fiat came with a power hatch. Because I will have just loaded something to make my shoulders ache, and just do not want to reach up at all!

CoachRick
01-24-2016, 11:44 AM
haha! I am indeed fairly short at 5'4" (and shrinking), and the strap is used all the time for me. The days that my shoulder(s) bother me is the time I wish the Fiat came with a power hatch. Because I will have just loaded something to make my shoulders ache, and just do not want to reach up at all!

Be happy you don't have the big honkin' Elle hatch!!! :) Funny how spoiled we got with a power hatch for the last 7 years(XC60 and RDX) !

janaheim
01-24-2016, 03:39 PM

No harm was done. Thanks.

Andree
01-24-2016, 04:28 PM
Be happy you don't have the big honkin' Elle hatch!!! :) Funny how spoiled we got with a power hatch for the last 7 years(XC60 and RDX) !

OMG...I'd have to bring along a step ladder to reach the pull! Then step down, while holding the pull, fold up the step stool with one hand and place it in the back, THEN close the hatch.

janaheim
01-24-2016, 07:23 PM
OMG...I'd have to bring along a step ladder to reach the pull! Then step down, while holding the pull, fold up the step stool with one hand and place it in the back, THEN close the hatch.

You can always use an umbrella handle to pull the strap down. A FIAT umbrella of course.

carfreak09
01-24-2016, 10:03 PM

Lol, yes I'm height challenged at 5'5" :). The strap is definitely useful for me, but also because it's cleaner then touching the dirty hatch lid.

Fiat500USA
01-24-2016, 10:24 PM
The pull strap is a fun accessory, whether you need it or not! LOL

CoachRick
01-25-2016, 11:58 AM

Multi-tasking at its best!!! :) I need to see if one of them newfangled straps could accent the Elle ;)

Andree
01-25-2016, 12:25 PM
Lol, yes I'm height challenged at 5'5" :). The strap is definitely useful for me, but also because it's cleaner then touching the dirty hatch lid.

Geez, my strap is filthy. I've been using my Fiat to pick up garden soil, compost, mulch, rocks, etc. It's taken on a dusty gray tone.

Doctor wants me to get more exercise, so I consider picking up bags of soil as "weight-bearing" exercise. I am indeed getting stronger (although I don't know if the bones are getting denser), and the yard looks better.

Tweak
01-26-2016, 11:27 PM

Use strap=avoid touching paint=win. :)

janaheim
02-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Here are some pictures of my cargo mat, cargo tote organizer and FIAT pen. I have some tote bags for groceries in the back of the cargo tote organizer.

Andree
02-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Here are some pictures of my cargo mat, cargo tote organizer and FIAT pen. I have some tote bags for groceries in the back of the cargo tote organizer.

I need to get a cargo mat. Where did the totes come from?

janaheim
02-07-2016, 05:40 PM
I need to get a cargo mat. Where did the totes come from?

from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0184229U4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

from e-store FIATUSA: https://www.e-store.fiatusa.com/product.asp?dept_id=480&pf_id=11F1V

John

janaheim
06-04-2016, 11:49 PM
Update on my 500 Sport:

I just hit the 2000 mile mark. I've had the car for almost 5 months. No problems. It's a joy to drive. I noticed the ride is better than my 2012 Sport, very pleased with it. Handling, braking, maneuverability, are excellent. Love the sunroof, especially when it's fully opened, the Beats audio, seat heaters awesome. Great fuel economy. Love the red (rosso) color. The GoPedal is fantastic, so is the short shifter. The mild lowering springs makes the car look better. Overall I got nothing to complain about. Love my 500!

Andree
06-05-2016, 01:06 AM
Love the shifter and boot. It's so much easier to add in red and black when your car IS red and black. Everything accents everything else! Looks great!

rustbucket
06-05-2016, 11:00 AM
I noticed the ride is better than my 2012 Sport, very pleased with it.

I noticed much the same when I had a '15 Sport loaner while my '13 Sport was in for some work. Thought the seats in the '15 were more comfortable, too- still very supportive but with a bit more cushioning. Add to that the new TFT instrument cluster, more passenger headroom and the passenger armrest (which happens to be in the perfect place for this bigger than average bear) and you have a car that is imho, a considerable improvement over the ones that preceded it. My hope is that FIAT continues on with the basic design along with continuous improvement, much like the original VW beetle. To me it's a car so right to begin with, why destroy it with a redesign? Car looks GREAT, John.

Sales@roadrace
06-09-2016, 02:22 PM
@janaheim
Great looking car! I know you're not asking for mod advice, but as a fellow owner of a Fiat 500 Sport with near identical mods, I'd recommend our Corsa Exhaust, rear anti-sway bar and chassis bracing for a perfect driving experience! Give us a call at 562-906-0080, or visit roadracemotorsports.com for info/pricing, etc. Would love to hear from you (or see you in person at our shop in Santa Fe Springs since you're local)!
Have a great rest of your day,
Ryan @ RRM

Amacento
06-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Get the 500 that speaks most to YOU. That can change over time, because you'll change. Maybe a Pop will always be YOUR 500? Maybe you want to go a little more retro and will choose the Lounge? Maybe you'll eventually want a 500S? Maybe you'll long for what the 500T offers? Or maybe you'll get into the heritage of, both, the FIAT & ABARTH brands and want them in one 500? Like the styling but would rather have a wagon? There's the 500L. Prefer the egg shape but need 2 extra doors and AWD? 500X is your Cinque'.

I had a 500P for a year and half. It was all the car I needed... and still plenty of fun. I test drove a 500T and really liked what they pack into that Sport "upgrade". Ultimately, I ended trading in my 500P for an A500. One sales mgr insisted I'd have one of every 500 if I could justify it. It's true. Every iteration speaks to a different side of my personality.

So, take your time and find YOUR FIAT...

Amacento
06-09-2016, 04:49 PM
Update on my 500 Sport:

I just hit the 2000 mile mark. I've had the car for almost 5 months. No problems. It's a joy to drive. I noticed the ride is better than my 2012 Sport, very pleased with it. Handling, braking, maneuverability, are excellent. Love the sunroof, especially when it's fully opened, the Beats audio, seat heaters awesome. Great fuel economy. Love the red (rosso) color. The GoPedal is fantastic, so is the short shifter. The mild lowering springs makes the car look better. Overall I got nothing to complain about. Love my 500!

Suh-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

akcapfiat
06-09-2016, 06:35 PM
I had overlooked the Sport in the 500 lineup, but then noticed one in the work parking lot with heated seats and sunroof -- both must-haves. I hadn't realized these were available in a lower tim than a Lounge/Turbo or Abarth. I kinda dig the grey headliner and cloth seats, too. This thread helped me decide. I'm definitely one of those for whom the 101hp and 40+ mpg is the way to go.

I had been looking all over and found one of the last new 2015 Sport /MT/Sunroof/Comfort & Convenience.... no Beats or spare tire... in Youngstown, Ohio -- and began negotiating. I'm in Tidewater, Virginia.

I pulled the trigger today after negotiating to $14K + tax and tags. Now I have to wait... my schedule won't let me fly up to Pittsburg and pick it up until the 25th. But man am I stoked! Thanks everyone, and especially Janaheim!

Billet Argento (with all its not so subtle color transititions at the bumper fascia!):

http://i64.tinypic.com/29c9ici.jpg