PDA

View Full Version : Powder coating my mesh/snowflake 16" wheels

ManOfStealth
12-14-2015, 08:32 PM
I don't want to spend a thousand bucks on 17" hyper white wheels so I decided to powder coat my current wheels. Has anyone seen the mesh/snowflake wheels done in white before? I have a red 500c Abarth white stripe and would love to see the Photoshop of one done.

Now if someone close to Dallas has a set of 17" hyper white wheels they would trade for mine (2,700 miles on wheels/tires) then I'd go for it. Any other suggestions?

Randall

Tweak
12-14-2015, 11:52 PM
Why not PlastiDip them for cheap and see it in real life...just a thought.

ManOfStealth
12-15-2015, 12:58 PM
I did the plast-dip thing to our 500L and it turned out fine. Hard as heck to keep clean compared to the real painted ones. I know everyone hates to clean the white painted ones but the plasti-dips are even more of a pain. I do believe it will look cool but just wanted to know if someone has seen them painted white before. Who knows, the next post I make might be a picture of them painted on the car....

Why not PlastiDip them for cheap and see it in real life...just a thought.

Tweak
12-16-2015, 12:39 AM
I did the plast-dip thing to our 500L and it turned out fine. Hard as heck to keep clean compared to the real painted ones. I know everyone hates to clean the white painted ones but the plasti-dips are even more of a pain. I do believe it will look cool but just wanted to know if someone has seen them painted white before. Who knows, the next post I make might be a picture of them painted on the car....

Just an idea to see what it looks like before making the commitment. Not something you'd have to leave long term. I think if you add PD Glossifier it might be easier to clean.

CashMan
12-16-2015, 10:25 AM
Us the Tire Rack site and up load a pick of your car and you can put new wheels on to see what it looks like. Just find one that is close to what you have.