PDA

View Full Version : UConnect Access

Strotti
12-13-2015, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know if we can get the UConnect Access in the 500X - In the month (August) when we bought our Fiat 500X Trekking Plus the website showed we get 12 month complementary UConnect Access in our 500X - but at this time they pulled it already from the vehicle - no Idea why - my dealer didn't know either. I would like to have the UConnect Access in the car for my wife for Emergencies and all the other features such as Send N' GO , Pandora IHeart Radio and Vehicle Recovery and of course Parkfinder :-)

Maybe someone knows what I need and if this is even possible - I know it's all in the Renegades.

datasage
12-13-2015, 02:18 PM
FCA has two different UConnect services. UConnect Access and UConnect Access via Mobile. The first requires a cellular modem as part of the radio. This is something that the Renegade has but the 500x does not. UConnect Access via Mobile was suppose to be a part of the 500x, but for some reason it was pulled or not complete before launch. It may get added back in an update later. This option uses your cell phone as its access to the internet.

Edit:

Uconnect Access via Mobile, which uses the UconnectAccess app and you device’s data plan to access your personal Pandora, iHeartRadio and Slacker accounts from the vehicle and enable their control using the touchscreen, is a late availability feature. Visit DriveUconnect.com to check for availability and additional information.

Strotti
12-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Thanks - My Jeep Cherokee has UConnect Access - I was hoping to add those features to the 500x as well. I saw there is a WIFI module listed at Mopar - I'm curious when I add this to the 500x if something will change and the UConnect Access is then available.

In my Jeep the apps - such as Pandora and IHeart Radio are only working thru via Mobile - I'm sure if they can add it to the system they should - it's just a bonus to get more out of the nice unit.

I just called Fiat and they told me there is an UPDATE in the pipe for the 500x with Pandora and IHeart Radio as well as Slacker Radio. Release date TBA. At least that's good news :-)

Regarding Data Plan - we are with T Mobile and those services are free :-)

datasage
12-13-2015, 05:07 PM
I have no idea if the wifi/cellular module would enable the other access features. I suspect no, but is someone up to try it?

Strotti
12-13-2015, 05:12 PM
I would :-) - I did saw the module before for $395 (UGH !!!) http://www.mopar.com/fiat/500x/2016/shop/374436/311/5331/

I wonder if anyone tried it ? I ask the Fiat guy but he wasn't able to answer me the question - I assume like on my Jeep you have to activate the subscription for a day , week or month - i can do that on my 8.4 AN unit .. mhhh I don't care about the HOTSPOT stuff (3G HA HA HA) anyway ...

datasage
12-13-2015, 05:17 PM
It appears you need both parts. The installation is quite involved: http://www.moparonlineparts.com/docs/82214908.pdf

Strotti
12-13-2015, 05:34 PM
Oh boy - looks awful - My wife will kill me ! Also it looks like from the pdf that it uses this MOPARWEB site .. which I would say has nothing to do with Uconnect at this point and this thing here is just an expensive way to get 3G in your car - Odd today to do that since we have IPhones and Galaxy's which can be a LTE hotspot LOL :-) I think it's just waste of money and time if this does not intigrate in the UConnect system and offers any benefits to get UConnect Access .

definitelyian
05-29-2016, 11:40 AM
Has anyone seen an update that will enable Pandora & Aha for the Uconnect in the 500x? I just bought one yesterday and was super disappointed to find out I can't use the apps with the head unit.

zvez
05-29-2016, 08:46 PM
Has anyone seen an update that will enable Pandora & Aha for the Uconnect in the 500x? I just bought one yesterday and was super disappointed to find out I can't use the apps with the head unit.

I play pandora thru the bluetooth, is that what you mean? in other words I turn pandora on my phone and then run it thru the stereo.

randY49
05-31-2016, 09:35 AM
You can get the Uconnect Access via Mobile app and there is Aha, iHeartRadio, Pandora, and Slacker supported there. Essentially you launch the Via Mobile app on your phone and then you are able to control those services through your head unit.

Note: I have a 6.5" Uconnect system and it worked on there, I can't speak to the use on the 5" unit, but I imagine it would work the same.

definitelyian
06-01-2016, 08:18 AM
I have the Uconnect 6.5 with nav in my 500x and I can't get the Uconnect Access app to work. I have setup the app and linked accounts. I called Uconnect support and they said the app won't work without Uconnect Access and that the 500x doesn't have Access.

randY49
06-01-2016, 08:39 AM
I have the Uconnect 6.5 with nav in my 500x and I can't get the Uconnect Access app to work. I have setup the app and linked accounts. I called Uconnect support and they said the app won't work without Uconnect Access and that the 500x doesn't have Access.
Are you trying to use it over Bluetooth or plugged in? I think I was using mine through Bluetooth. Also, do you have an Android or Apple? I had mine functioning with an iPhone 6S.

However, I have upgraded the Uconnect system since I last used it, so maybe that changed it?

davevoss
06-01-2016, 01:25 PM
I remember reading that app support would be removed from many models following the well publicized hacking of the Jeep Cherokees last year. I have to believe that it's just a matter of time before there will be an available upgrade for the U-Connect systems that allow it, but for now the best option is Bluetooth from a smartphone. When I bought my 500X I couldn't pair my Android phone, but after flashing to the latest update, it connected on the first try. Updates are released from time to time, maybe apps will be available soon, especially if (the collective) we keep asking.

definitelyian
06-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Are you trying to use it over Bluetooth or plugged in? I think I was using mine through Bluetooth. Also, do you have an Android or Apple? I had mine functioning with an iPhone 6S.

However, I have upgraded the Uconnect system since I last used it, so maybe that changed it?

iPhone 6S Plus. I've tried via Bluetooth and via cable. My system is also on the latest update. The rep at UConnect said I can go ahead and delete the app as it won't work without UConnect Access.