PDA

View Full Version : Review after 2 weeks

ociopia
12-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Got my FiatX Easy with the loaded 6 package just over 2 weeks ago. I've put about 350 miles, all around town in Los Angeles traffic. No highways. My "average" mph runs between 14 and 19. At 16 mph, I get 22 mpg and at 19 I get 23.5 mpg. If I were to just drive in a Home Depot parking lot all day, my gas mileage would just be ghastly. I am a very soft driver so I'm probably getting mileage that is as good as it gets. We will see as the car breaks in.

Navigation system: fabulous. I haven't figured out how to give voice commands. It prompts me but then I can't get into the Navigation system area to prompt it. But the navigation is excellent.

Sound: I think I have Beats Audio with package 6. Whatever, it is great. I have a free year of Sirius and I love that.

Driving: It is fun to drive. Really fun to drive. Perky with fabulous responsiveness in steering, great turning radius. My daughter also drove it and she thought it was responsible and great fun.

Controls: Dash controls are intuitive, easy. Dual climate controls are so good. Automatic passenger seat controls are wonderful. I like to sit canted back and up high (Odd, I know.) And I can easily do this. Heated steering wheel is a treat, as are seats. I feel pretty spoiled by all the luxury in this precious car.

Comfort: This is a very Euro car but it still has comfort in the seat.

Room: Front is very roomy. Haven't sat in back but not much legroom. Plenty of room for groceries or whatever. It is no big SUV, of course.

Safety Features: Now this takes a tiny bit of getting used to. Backup camera is great but the lights on the side mirros and the beeps to warm you of blind side intrusions or the beeps to let you know something is behind you as you're backing up are just a tiny unnerving until you realize and adjust. Great systerm. I don't see how I'm going to hit anything with all these safety features. Must be why my car insurance dropped!

Rags747
12-02-2015, 11:57 AM
You can turn off the beeps when your side view mirrors light up, all done through the nav screen.

datasage
12-02-2015, 02:35 PM
You can turn off the beeps when your side view mirrors light up, all done through the nav screen.

I like the beeps for cross path and reversing, but the beeps for lane detection would drive me crazy. I only care about it when I want to merge.

TheGonz
12-02-2015, 07:39 PM
I've had mine for just over two weeks as well. It is an Easy, and I think the option package is #2. Pretty much all I wanted was AWD and the backup camera. I decided the camera was needed because the woman I'm dating works in the ER at one of the local Children's Hospitals, and evidently kids getting backed over in parking lots is a thing now because irresponsible parents just let them run wild in parking lots. She said it seems every single day the helicopter brings one in. Even with a smaller car like the 500X, if there's a little kid standing behind you, you may not see him or her.

So far I like the car a lot. The suspension could stand to be a bit better damped, and the 9-speed is still hunting a lot and is slow to respond to kick-down requests. I hope that will get better as the transmission "learns" more about my driving habits.

About the only thing I really consider a true complaint though is that the headlights don't go off if you leave them on after shutting the car off. Even my old 500 used to do that. I already have enough OCD issues (worrying about backing over little kids, did I lock the front door, did I turn the coffee pot off), I don't need to worry about whether I left the car headlights on as well.

500X_JML
12-02-2015, 08:16 PM
About the only thing I really consider a true complaint though is that the headlights don't go off if you leave them on after shutting the car off.

You can set the Headlight Off Delay setting to 0 in the Lights section of the Uconnect interface.

Xtreme500
12-03-2015, 09:36 AM
Congrats on your purchase and also congrats on the mileage you are getting. I have a little over 1,000 miles on mine now and averaging 22.3 MPG so maybe I need to take it easy on the gas pedal.

datasage
12-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Congrats on your purchase and also congrats on the mileage you are getting. I have a little over 1,000 miles on mine now and averaging 22.3 MPG so maybe I need to take it easy on the gas pedal.

I do mostly highway driving with a bit of stop and go, and city driving. My milage averages around 26 combined. I could probably get a bit higher, but lead foot and all that :P

davevoss
12-03-2015, 05:44 PM

Fuel economy slowly improves as engines fully break-in, typically over the course of several thousand miles. I have ~3k miles on my 500X AWD and it's getting around 25 mpg combined, and last week it achieved 29.6 mpg average (as reported by the trip computer) while cruising between 70~75 mph on a freeway trip of around 200 miles. This is up by almost 2 mpg from the last trip on the same route when it only had about ~1k miles on it. I expect that in time, it will regularly average ~30 mpg on the freeway, just what Fiat said to expect, which makes me happy.

vpg1120
12-28-2015, 03:54 PM
Hi - I am new to the forum and just purchased my 500X on Dec 17th. My purchase was a bit dampened by the unscrupulous dealership I bought the car from, but have let it go. I am not getting great gas mileage, but hoping that improves. Otherwise, I really like the car and am having fun driving.

Tweak
12-28-2015, 04:06 PM
Hi - I am new to the forum and just purchased my 500X on Dec 17th. My purchase was a bit dampened by the unscrupulous dealership I bought the car from, but have let it go. I am not getting great gas mileage, but hoping that improves. Otherwise, I really like the car and am having fun driving.

Welcome to the forum. Make an introduction post over here when time permits. http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/forumdisplay.php?12-Welcome!

zvez
12-28-2015, 04:39 PM
some weeks into 500x ownership. It's a great vehicle, and used to haul my bike for the first time today (have to remove front wheel but with seats down it fits in the compartment. All in all a good vehicle
Chris.

vpg1120
12-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Welcome to the forum. Make an introduction post over here when time permits. http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/forumdisplay.php?12-Welcome!

Greetings from sunny and warm Florida!

I purchased my 500X AWD Lounge on 12/17/15. I absolutely love the car and am getting used to driving it after having a Jeep Wrangler Unl for 3 years. I have always been a small car person and just loved the car when I saw it. I was not deterred by the Consumer Reports ranking/rating of the car, but instead reached out to owners to get their overall experience and satisfaction with the car. I must say, anecdotally speaking, that everyone seemed to love the car. I leased my car and if it turns out to be winner, I will be a repeat customer, but not at the dealership I purchased the car.