PDA

View Full Version : 15" wheels on Abarth

Hank Zhou
11-15-2015, 05:08 PM
Hello guys!
I am a newbie here. Got my 13 Abarth white in white wheels with red strips and mirror caps a month ago. Looking for some helps on wheels and tires.
I want the car looks more classic or rally. Now I want to try some 15" wheels since I drive the car for delivery on some "great" road. My question is that if
it possible to make the whole rim same size as my 17 rims while the wheel itself is 2" less. What tire size should i run?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331633878990 This is the set I may go with.

Looking for the suggestions. Thank you all!

Hank Zhou
11-15-2015, 07:10 PM
How long it takes for a new thread to show public?

aelfwyne
11-15-2015, 07:27 PM
Hi guys.
I am a new member here. Just got my Abarth last month. White in white wheel with red strips and mirror caps.
Have some questions about wheel and tire fitment.
Can I have some 15" wheels with the same overall size as my 17"?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331633878990?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I may go with this set.
What tires should i run on this set?
I want the 15" because I want the car looks a little bit more classic or rally, plus I drive it on some of "the best" road in the U.S.
Looking your suggestions guys.
Thank you all and have a great Sunday night.

15" rims are tricky. The problem is that not all of them leave enough space inside the rim for the brakes on the front. Also, on the back, some rims hit the torsion bar mount. On a Pop or Sport, this is not a problem. But the Abarth has bigger brakes, plus the torsion bar.

Sometimes it can be solved using spacers. Other times, it's just not possible. Best to search around the forums and find recommendations, or maybe someone who knows more will pop onto this thread. Just wanted to respond before you go off buying something that won't work :)

Now, that auction says those work on Abarth without spacers/etc... but I would wait until someone here who has actually used those wheels on an Abarth responds to be sure.

SECOND:

I doubt you'll get much response on this thread due to the topic. Nobody will know you're asking about wheels.

Admin: Thanks aelfwyne for the heads up. I merged the threads and fixed the title.

Fiat500USA
11-15-2015, 09:38 PM
First posts go into auto moderation depending on certain criteria including length, keywords, links, etc. That's to keep us safe from spammers that don't get caught during registration. It took a little longer to approve the post because I was stuck at work today and got backed up on things. Sorry!

As for the wheels, tough call. We do have some snow tire threads that discuss tire sizes that you can check while you wait for responses.

Hank Zhou
11-15-2015, 11:48 PM
Thank you! The set has 3 colors. The seller mentioned that will need 10mm spacers to fit abarth under his others list.
I will start a new thread!
Thank you again!

Hank Zhou
11-15-2015, 11:48 PM
15" rims are tricky. The problem is that not all of them leave enough space inside the rim for the brakes on the front. Also, on the back, some rims hit the torsion bar mount. On a Pop or Sport, this is not a problem. But the Abarth has bigger brakes, plus the torsion bar.

Sometimes it can be solved using spacers. Other times, it's just not possible. Best to search around the forums and find recommendations, or maybe someone who knows more will pop onto this thread. Just wanted to respond before you go off buying something that won't work :)

Now, that auction says those work on Abarth without spacers/etc... but I would wait until someone here who has actually used those wheels on an Abarth responds to be sure.

SECOND:

I doubt you'll get much response on this thread due to the topic. Nobody will know you're asking about wheels.

Admin: Thanks aelfwyne for the heads up. I merged the threads and fixed the title.
Thank you! The set has 3 colors. The seller mentioned that will need 10mm spacers to fit abarth under his others list.
Thank you again!

Hank Zhou
11-15-2015, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I understand your safety concern. And thank you to "move" my thread. I will start a new thread. If you can delete this one that will be fine.

Hank Zhou
11-15-2015, 11:51 PM
Thank you again!
Thanks for the suggestions. I understand your safety concern. And thank you to "move" my thread. I will start a new thread. If you can delete this one that will be fine.

Hank Zhou
11-15-2015, 11:51 PM
First posts go into auto moderation depending on certain criteria including length, keywords, links, etc. That's to keep us safe from spammers that don't get caught during registration. It took a little longer to approve the post because I was stuck at work today and got backed up on things. Sorry!

As for the wheels, tough call. We do have some snow tire threads that discuss tire sizes that you can check while you wait for responses.

aelfwyne
11-16-2015, 03:11 AM
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?8418-anyone-have-monza-15-quot-wheels-on-their-Abarth