PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy OE rotors and pads?

TheDan
11-03-2015, 04:10 PM
I need new front rotors and pads for my 2012 Abarth, but I'm having trouble finding OE type rotors. Most places seem to only have the 257mm rotors or only offer "upgrade" rotors. Where do you guys buy regular rotors from?

TheDan
11-03-2015, 04:42 PM
I'm too impatient to wait for replies so I ordered from these guys: http://www.eurocompulsion.net/ sillylol
I'm guessing they are ok since they are a sponsor here.

Even though I've already ordered, I'd like to hear about some other options for the future...

NGEN
11-03-2015, 06:59 PM
I'm too impatient to wait for replies so I ordered from these guys: http://www.eurocompulsion.net/ sillylol

Even though I've already ordered, I'd like to hear about some other options for the future...

yes you did good. Chris is a very reputable guy and will take care of you.

SuperTony
11-03-2015, 07:05 PM
EC is a good choice but for future reference r1concepts.com is awesome as well.

Purgatory
11-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Wised I had known, have a full set of 4 OE rotors, low miles, that I don't need or use. Would be willing to sell cheap.

schnizdawg
11-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Rockauto.com has beck/arnley which is an OEM supplier. I purchased rotors and pads from there for about $190 with shipping for all four corners. Been happy with them since I replaced a couple weeks ago. Make sure to get the premium rotors though so there is paint on the non-friction surfaces. They won't rust like normal rotors do.

TheDan
11-04-2015, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.

I saw the beck/arnley at Rockauto, but I didn't like the look of the pad selection. They don't filter the Abarth and 500T separately, so it was hard to tell what to get.

pk9394
11-04-2015, 01:00 PM
I need new front rotors and pads for my 2012 Abarth, but I'm having trouble finding OE type rotors. Most places seem to only have the 257mm rotors or only offer "upgrade" rotors. Where do you guys buy regular rotors from?

I use R1 concept Premium Series, much much better than OEM

Purgatory
11-05-2015, 03:30 AM

You are certainly impatient, lol. You post a question for help, and 32 minutes later, you already ordered the parts. That's hardly time for people to find, read, and respond to your request. Your choice of course.

TheDan
11-05-2015, 11:06 AM
lol yeah... You ever ask a question and then realize you already have the answer right after you ask it? It was kinda like that.

CCR#5
11-05-2015, 06:03 PM
for future reference or just those whom are curious... magneti/fiat sources the majority of its rotors from Brembo....

Robert Nixon
11-06-2015, 12:52 PM
For those of you that have replaced rotors and/or brakes, what was the reason?

Did you just want to upgrade, or did you have problems like wear or warping?

TheDan
11-06-2015, 09:02 PM
For those of you that have replaced rotors and/or brakes, what was the reason?

Did you just want to upgrade, or did you have problems like wear or warping?On mine the pads had worn down the rotors by a significant amount. I don't do track days or anything like that; just 44k of normal driving. I'm the 2nd owner of the car so I don't know if these are the original rotors or not, but the service history shows they've never been replaced. Didn't even notice the wear until the last oil change.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5751/22769705586_e884e10fe8_b.jpg

bryanintowson
11-07-2015, 09:56 AM
When I can - I hit the MOPAR parts desk at my local studio. When I can't I go to RockAuto or Amazon. MOPAR stuff is usually the best quality but you will pay for it.

TheDan
11-07-2015, 08:02 PM
for future reference or just those whom are curious... magneti/fiat sources the majority of its rotors from Brembo....Do you know what the Brembo part number is?

When I can - I hit the MOPAR parts desk at my local studio. When I can't I go to RockAuto or Amazon. MOPAR stuff is usually the best quality but you will pay for it.Amazon was the first place I looked. They only had "upgrade" rotors in the Abarth's size. The parts counter at the dealership has a huge markup. You can usually find OEM parts elsewhere for half as much.