PDA

View Full Version : 2013 500T upgrades

ant305
10-29-2015, 03:42 PM
Hey everyone, new member but I have been loitering on the forums a couple months now.

I have a 2013 500T that i've taken over. 20k, fun little car. I'm wanting to make this 500 into a little bastard of a car. I've been a muscle car (1980 Camaro) guy my whole life so this is my first turbo car.

I've been loitering as a guest for a while doing some research, but its time to get serious and I have a bunch of questions. This is a daily driver, don't need it to have any issues so I prefer to ask those who have been down my similar road.

I've been looking at the Tork CAI with the boost leak, I've read good things about it. I also want to do the catless downpipe but i'm sure ill need some kind of tune to not have check engine lights. I have not been able to find too much info on that. I also want to do 2.5 exhaust with some sort of muffler.

I also want some sort of boost gauge. Do the abarths have a factory boost gauge by chance? If so, wouldn't mind a factory kind of appearance but its not a deal breaker.

I like the abarth stance as well, maybe a little lower. Does abarth suspension/engine performance stuff directly swap over? The abarth looks to be the exact same vehicle with minor interior changes and dual exhaust. Am I correct?

Finally, I have the unlimited lifetime warranty. I'm sure whatever I swap out won't be covered by the warranty, I just dont want to completely lose it for modifying the car. Any new news regarding that issue?

Any info would be appreciated guys.

opiateESP
10-29-2015, 05:12 PM
Hey everyone, new member but I have been loitering on the forums a couple months now.

I have a 2013 500T that i've taken over. 20k, fun little car. I'm wanting to make this 500 into a little bastard of a car. I've been a muscle car (1980 Camaro) guy my whole life so this is my first turbo car.

I've been loitering as a guest for a while doing some research, but its time to get serious and I have a bunch of questions. This is a daily driver, don't need it to have any issues so I prefer to ask those who have been down my similar road.

I've been looking at the Tork CAI with the boost leak, I've read good things about it. I also want to do the catless downpipe but i'm sure ill need some kind of tune to not have check engine lights. I have not been able to find too much info on that. I also want to do 2.5 exhaust with some sort of muffler.

I also want some sort of boost gauge. Do the abarths have a factory boost gauge by chance? If so, wouldn't mind a factory kind of appearance but its not a deal breaker.

I like the abarth stance as well, maybe a little lower. Does abarth suspension/engine performance stuff directly swap over? The abarth looks to be the exact same vehicle with minor interior changes and dual exhaust. Am I correct?

Finally, I have the unlimited lifetime warranty. I'm sure whatever I swap out won't be covered by the warranty, I just dont want to completely lose it for modifying the car. Any new news regarding that issue?

Any info would be appreciated guys.

The struts and springs transfer directly over. Those and the rear bar are the only difference in terms of suspension between the Abarth and 500T.

PaulW
08-02-2017, 10:23 PM
I'm in the same exact boat as you I also had Camaro (87 iroc) and I want to add some hp to my fiat 500T.

And you are correct the arbarth and 500T are almost the same but the arbarth has better suspension and a little more hp. The dual exhaust in my opinion is a waste because it can never be true dual exhaust. But I do want to add a more aggressive sounding exhaust to my 500T.

goyal99
09-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Same situation here for my 2013 500T...

I just started doing the easier and most cost-effective changes first....I just removed the rear muffler and it sounds deeper and louder but not too loud. I agree about the dual tip exhaust - it's waste of money and I kind of like the 500T diffuser better with the single tip exhaust. No HP gain whatsoever but louder sound.

I also replaced the air intake with a better breathable cone system.

My next upgrade will have to be the lowering springs because the 500 sits high for my taste....especially the rear. So I'm looking for a set of springs with a 2" drop in the rear and a set with little less drop in the front.....

After that I will get 17" wheels + tires and drilled rotors/upgraded pads all around.

I posted a question on the Abarth Forum about swapping the Abarth ECM to gain the the extra HP of the Abarth 160HP but I was told that I would also need the matching BCM off the same car and possibly the ignition key which a matching chip. I'm not sure if anyone has tried this Abarth ECM/BCM swap approach to get to 160HP for their Turbo but it appears to be a possibility if the control units are purchased off a running Abarth at cheap prices. I have not yet explored the aftermarket tuner ECM units.

WhiteAbby
03-27-2018, 05:52 PM
I am not sure but Eurocompulsion makes a tune for the 500t i believe.