Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Let's talk downpipes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Misordia
    • Aug 2015

Let's talk downpipes

So I'm looking into replacing my stock DP with something else. Question being, with different vendors selling DP's and pricing being +/- $50, is there much of a difference with these DP's other then some being catted and some not? I was looking at the ATP cat less for $250 and was wondering the performance difference between that and something like the $300 Madness DP. Also is anyone running NorcalSS modded DP? If so, how much louder is it and is power noticebly different? Sorry for the noob questions and thanks for the feedback!

What im looking into getting.

• gundam2000
    • Apr 2014

I plan on taking my factory down pipe to a shop and having the outlet made bigger. maybe 2 inch.
    You keep the stock cat so no codes and get 75% the gains of going to an aftermarket downpipe.

as for what is available I believe all of them have a chance of throwing codes, catted or not.
    2013 Abarth OFT tuning, Eurocompulsion FMIC, Wheel stud conversion, Falken 615k tires, Custom intake, RRM pulley, NGen coils, GFB DV+, CPR Strut tops, Vogtland x-overs, NEU-F rear bar, NEU-F torque arm insert, Custom hood vent, Assetto Corse style front grille, Craven stubby antenna, Custom machined armrest delete, custom rear seat delete, boost fix mod, black vinyl roof.

Comment

• Misordia
      • Aug 2015

I'm actually considering doing NorcalSS DP mod. He can bore em out to 2.25 or 2.5 but my question is if I can run with stock exhaust/midpipe.

Comment

• gfurneri
        • Nov 2014

In most cases your going to through a code/ check engine light if you go cat less. A lot of people like the rrm catted dp, because in most cases you won't through a code. The Vendor NGEN has a great way around the code by using a big daddy mini cat and a o2 sensor spacer if you go cat less. ATP makes a great dp and so does rrm. NorCal Ss mod is legit and is worth consideration.
        2013 Rosso Abarth: OFT Tune, Cravenspeed short shifter, RRM light weight pulley, MPX ported throttle body, GFB DV+, RRM exhaust, Neu-F RTB, Neu-F tork arm bushing, Clutch Masters lightweight flywheel and FX-350 clutch, ST Coilovers.
        Looks: 20% Tint All Around, White and Red Rally shift knob, LED interior lights.

Blue 2016 Fiat 500e all stock.

Comment

• Purgatory
          • Feb 2014

I will testify to that. Been using the RRM Catted DP for a full year now (along with a lot of other engine mods), still have never thrown a code, ever.
          2014 Fiat Abarth- EC V4 CAI, EC Engine Plate, EC Uni-Chip Stage 2, GFB Diverter, Koni Rear Shocks, Neu-F 28 mm Torsion Bar, RRM Lower Chassis Braces, RRM Upper Brace, RRM HP Down Pipe w/ Cat, Prometeo Red Oil Filler Cap, Craven Shorty Red Antenna, Chrome Gas Filler Door, RRM Drilled/Slotted Rotors, RRM Sport Brake Pads, Shrader Rear Seat Delete Kit, NGEN Hood Lifts, RRM Light Weight Pulley

Comment

• doni_m
            • Apr 2014

I have the 500 madness catless downpipe. Its a great piece and sure does make nice noises. It gets raspy at higher rpms but that's cause the rest of the exhaust is stock. I had their o2 spacer but broke off as I was tightening it down so I still have the code. Overall pretty satisfied.

Comment