PDA

View Full Version : Blown Clutch Pack?

camus1957
10-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Friday, Oct. 2nd, When driving Fiat 500L Easy (manual) the engine would rev up but the car had little to no acceleration. Come to a stop light and when I tried to accelerate it would barely move. Had to pull over. Eventually had to get car towed to Jacksonville Fiat. After 3 days of phone calls not being returned finally get in touch with the service adviser and he said my clutch pack had blown out. I bought this car 6 months ago brand new. Never have I heard in all my 30 years of driving manual transmissions of a clutch going out like that. After 6 months! I was easy on the clutch, didn't ride the clutch so this is frustrating. I just need some assistance please in understanding how/what caused this. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Rally500
10-07-2015, 06:17 PM
They won t admit but there s a flaw in Fiat 500L clutch with manual transmission. Mine was noisy and they replaced when they got new part number.since they replace it it's ok
Good luck

camus1957
10-07-2015, 06:56 PM
Rally500 Thank you, I appreciate your feedback!

Rally500
10-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear,but Fiat won t admit but there s a few reports in clutch problems with 500l check older treads there s a few.
My car had noise when backing up in an incline and smell burned clutch,I asked to replace when getting new part number
They got new part and replace it so far it s good.
Good luck

camus1957
10-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Thank you, appreciate your time.

camus1957
10-20-2015, 03:39 PM
Picked up my car from being fixed on Sunday, October 18. The clutch and housing blew out. It was covered under warranty. It's running fine now, (for now). Like I told the service advisor there is no way I was hard on that clutch and it was not due to driver error. They concurred no evidence of driver error.

Rally500
10-22-2015, 07:53 AM
Picked up my car from being fixed on Sunday, October 18. The clutch and housing blew out. It was covered under warranty. It's running fine now, (for now). Like I told the service advisor there is no way I was hard on that clutch and it was not due to driver error. They concurred no evidence of driver error.

Since they replaced mine the noise did not came back and also the smell did not came back and it s going good.

carajean
10-22-2015, 10:10 AM
Same thing happened to me after 9000 miles. I didnt ride it either. There is an issue with that clutch after I got mine replaced (with the new part numbers) I was in for an oil change and there was another L manual in for the same reason.