PDA

View Full Version : Back seat not folding forward

JustB
09-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Has anyone else experienced the larger section of the back seat not folding forward? It will fold down, but won't detach from the floor. I'm hoping there's a quick fix since I don't have time to take it in before leaving to go camping tomorrow.

DeSoulo
09-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Per the manual did you try this?

Locate the seatback recline lever on the outboard side
of the seat and lift upward on the lever.

DeSoulo
09-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Well guess what; I tried that and it would not release the latch to fold forward. Only way it tumbles forward is when you pull the latch on the top of the seat to release.
It does it's own thing upon folding down , then I hear another latch releasing, and it tumbles forward on it's own. That's all I got. :confusion:

J.Peterman
09-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Has anyone else experienced the larger section of the back seat not folding forward? It will fold down, but won't detach from the floor. I'm hoping there's a quick fix since I don't have time to take it in before leaving to go camping tomorrow.
I'm confused. Are you attempting to totally remove the larger section (TOP)? You said that it will fold down and that's all it's supposed to do. If you want to entirely remove the top sections, there are several bolts that are preventing them from being removed. When I first bought my Abarth, I removed both tops and the seat cushion to make a flat floor. You can do it in around 15 minutes once you locate all the bolts. If you do this, make sure that you take pictures so you can see how to put it all back together.

Tweak
09-01-2015, 11:31 PM
I'm confused. Are you attempting to totally remove the larger section (TOP)? You said that it will fold down and that's all it's supposed to do. If you want to entirely remove the top sections, there are several bolts that are preventing them from being removed. When I first bought my Abarth, I removed both tops and the seat cushion to make a flat floor. You can do it in around 15 minutes once you locate all the bolts. If you do this, make sure that you take pictures so you can see how to put it all back together.

500L has seats fold forward then the entire seat moves to make a large cargo area. ;)

J.Peterman
09-02-2015, 07:14 AM
My bad! I just click on "new posts" when I come to this forum and I didn't see that it wasn't in the Abarth or other Coupe/Cabrio forums.
Duh! :surprise:

Tweak
09-02-2015, 10:30 AM
My bad! I just click on "new posts" when I come to this forum and I didn't see that it wasn't in the Abarth or other Coupe/Cabrio forums.
Duh! :surprise:

I do the same...had to scroll up to make sure where I was because at a glance this made little sense. ;)

Ez2517
09-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Well guess what; I tried that and it would not release the latch to fold forward. Only way it tumbles forward is when you pull the latch on the top of the seat to release.
It does it's own thing upon folding down , then I hear another latch releasing, and it tumbles forward on it's own. That's all I got. :confusion:

I think this is exactly what is written in the manual .... no ?

islander
09-02-2015, 06:51 PM
The Owner's Manual says of thisó

User Guide saysó

So what you did would appear to be correct unless I'm misunderstanding you.

DeSoulo
09-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Well I wasn't the OP and missed that section on page 149, thanks! I folded the seatback flat and let it stay there, then I lifted the reclining lever up but the seat did not tumble forward.

Would someone else check and see if this reclining lever allows the flattened locked seat to now tumble forward? Thanks in advance.

Ez2517
09-03-2015, 01:35 AM
I did, and it is exactly as the (my) manual describes. The lower lever on the side only folds the backrest; the upper lever near the headrest folds the backrest and flips the seat forward.

Brandy

Cincty
05-27-2018, 02:30 AM
I'm confused, but I think I'm having this same problem... Has anyone posted a solution yet? The lever on the side reclines the back of the seat. The pull lever on the shoulder of the seat, is supposed to fold the forward, then it's supposed to flip up to make more room in the cargo area. When I pull on it, it reclines seat forward, then there's a locking sound, and the seat will not flip!
Any suggestions or solutions would be helpful.

Ez2517
01-04-2019, 08:34 AM
Hehehe, now I am having the exact same problem. Seat will not flip forward. I guess one of you who also had the issue got it fixed in the meantime ?

EDIT: problem solved. when looking more closely, I saw that the seat belt buckle was stuck between floor and seat, and apparently the tension applied by that from below prevented the mechanism to unlock. I had to loosen the seat, at its 2 main bolts, to remove the buckle and voila - unlocking mechanism works again. So it was not Luigis fault. I should have known :wink:

Kind regards
Brandy

streetsurfer
01-04-2019, 06:21 PM
Hehehe, now I am having the exact same problem. Seat will not flip forward. I guess one of you who also had the issue got it fixed in the meantime ?

EDIT: problem solved. when looking more closely, I saw that the seat belt buckle was stuck between floor and seat, and apparently the tension applied by that from below prevented the mechanism to unlock. I had to loosen the seat, at its 2 main bolts, to remove the buckle and voila - unlocking mechanism works again. So it was not Luigis fault. I should have known :wink:

Kind regards
Brandy

Thanks Brandy! These type of follow ups are what make the forum so valuable to other owners. Glad you sorted it out.